wc 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wc 15th

mae all ...well its another hot one here today, the peskiesare out playing up.early doors this morning drove up to Leeds ...the motorway was sooo quiet ..just me and some Pink Floyd tunes..Pand at the vets tomorrow ,for her x ray....
    Just picked some blueberries ...yes more of those bushes next year def..

nope we dont want trump either thank you muchly ..weve got our fair share of dishonest incompetent lying politicians..why should he go to the top of the list?

SK wherever you are if your in hospital let us know how you are

hiya Lav how are you then?apart from munching green beans..Im the same with turnips,and courgettes ..as for the vines I am going to grow one in the greenhouse next year..

hi pauly ..Im sure SF is still on facebook..hows you today then? all good I hope ..Ive got to cut my bougie back but Iaint at the mo..its flowering ...have a great weekend pauly .

hi ppqp..how are you,and the weather ? we arestill basking in the yellow orb..

hiya sam howsyou then all well with you I hope ..

hello everyone else ...hope your day is a good one.

While creating women, God promised men that good, faithful and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.

And then He made the earth round...

Did you hear about the painter called Harry?

He was very renowned for making a dime wherever he could, he would often thin the paint down to make it go a tiny bit further. As it happened, he got away with this for some time. As luck would happen, a church decided to do a big restoration job on the painting of one of their biggest churches. Harry put in a bid and he got the job because of his low very tender.

So he set to erecting the trestles and setting up the planks, buying the paint and yes, true to form he once again thinned down his paint with the turpentine.

Well, Harry was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a horrendous clap of thunder and the sky opened pouring rain down, washing the thinned paint from all over the church and Harry fell off the scaffold and landed on the lawn, among the gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.

Harry was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got on his knees and cried: "Oh God! Please forgive me! What can I do"?

And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke... "Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more"!

I was booked to fly to Germany to see my husband who is serving in the Army.

When I checked in at the airpor the ticket agent asked me the standard security questions. "Has anyone given you any packages that you didn't pack yourself"?

I told him my mother-in-law had given me a parcel for her son.

He looked at me very carefully and asked, "Does she like you"?

A man walked into a restaurant and seated himself.

Soon, the waitress came over to take his order. "...and to drink" she asked?

The man said he would like coffee. The waitress promptly returned with a cup of coffee, but spilled it on the man's lap when she stopped at the table.

"Oh my G~d; I am so sorry"!

"That's OK", the man said, sopping up the puddle on his pants with his a napkin - "but tell me, was this regular or decaf"?

"Regular" she replied.

"Oh great, now this thing is going to be up all night"!

5 Steps to Survive a Boring Meeting

This is guaranteed to liven up a boring meeting!
    Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
    What about those long and boring conference calls?
    Here's a way to change all that:

Before (or during) your next meeting,seminar, or conference call:

Prepare for the meeting by drawing a square - 5 x 5 is a good size.
    Divide the square into columns - five across and five down.
    In each block, write one of the following words or phrases:
    Whenever you hear any one of those words or phrases, check off the appropriate block.
    When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically,or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"

synergy | strategic fit | core competencies | best practice | bottom line
    revisit | take that off-line | 24/7 | out of the loop | benchmark
    value added | proactive | win-win | think outside the box | fast track
    result-driven | empower(ment) | knowledge base | at the end of the day | touch base
    mindset | client focus(ed) | ballpark | game plan | leverage

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on E-Bay?

I put in a $7 bid for a "Mickey Mouse Outfit", and now it seems I'm only nineteen minutes away from owning Trump, his entire Cabinet, and both houses of Congress.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: wc 15th

morning folks
    thanks for the brew and chuckles Mick. love the Harry the painter joke. good way to start the day.

close friend of mine passed away the other day, I had not seen him in about a month or so, we had played tunes at the end of May. Kinda was a shock for me but in talking with his son found out that a tumor had been found in his brain. No idea..... anyway, makes me think to enjoy even more friends and family.

got to draw a plat today so best get with it.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,glad SF is still around on FB,I don't think I have her on there so good to know she's ok Sam,sorry for the loss of your friend,so sad,death sucks and it's been on my mind a lot lately,I know it's all a natural part of life but I'm too emotional I guess,take things too hard I dunno,much love to all and wishes for a sensational,sober Sunday (see how creative I am)
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking the week off. Hot one here as well today and for most of next week! Isn't it nice to have the road basically to yourself some times. Today is the last day of Stampede so hopefully our traffic will get back to normal. Do the roots of your blueberry bushes spread out a lot? I'm thinking of starting some in the community garden. In case I don't see you in the morning good luck with Panda tomorrow.

Sam...sorry to hear about your friend. You just never know what's going to happen. I like your thinking of spending more time with friends and family.

Pauly...only know you through your posts and I agree you do take things to heart or as you say too hard. Qualities of a good friend. Yes your creativity is showing. LOL Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Lav...how's sleeping on the floor going for you? Household back in order tomorrow?

I have managed to have a quiet Sunday so far. I just felt exhausted yesterday, probably the stress of the power outage going without any issues. Watching the boob tube, doing laundry and I have dinner organized already. Shout out to Pi...hopefully we can get together for brunch again soon, Det...check in if you can, it's been awhile, TT...wondering how the job is going, Cindi...hope the family reunion was a good one. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

God evening Abbers,

Very hot & humid here as well. We've had one T storm & it feels like another one is on the way.
          One of my chickens went missing today - she is one of the few who can actually hop/fly over the fence. I hope she keeps herself well hidden from the predatory fox
          Tomorrow the carpet installers arrive to get the bedrooms done. Then we can put things back where they belong. My sleeping arrangements are not real bad but definitely not something I want to do forever, LOL

Mick, the garlic harvest was good & the onions are ready as well. Just need time to get all that done. We picked 10+ quarts of blueberries this year, love them. Takes a few years for the bushes to get established but once they do you get great blueberries

Sam very sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he didn't suffer long & that's a blessing :hug:

Pauly, we all have to process grief in our own way, there's no time limit. Sometimes a grief support group can be very helpful.

PQ, hot over there too? These storms we're getting today are the same ones I think you had a few days back - they came from the northwest anyway.
          We had our power go out last evening & a few times today, just for short periods (annoying having to reset all the digital clocks, etc). I hope the rets of your day was relaxing.

Pie, hello to you! Cyn, are you still with us?
          I did end up speaking with SK last evening. She's home from the hospital after being treated for an infection. She's having a hard t ime finding someone to walk Peggy. I wish I could help her out, geez. She will be back on here one her computer is sorted out.
          I do know that SF doesn't allow anyone to write on her FB page & doesn't accept messages.

Wishing everyone a nice night!
          Sorry again about the Trump stuff......what an a$$hole.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning all...woke up to some serious chattering from the magpies ...and yep there he was ...right under the backfence..never came into the garden tho ..both rabbit were actually asleep in their hutch ..nice animal but has no tenancy rights here..Another nice day tho we are led to believe storms on the way...Long day for me ..need to leave pretty soon got to be at thevet hospital for 10 ...which means driving thru the middle of Manchester in rush ...so brew time.
            hiya Lav ..yes hope the chicken is ok too...so the carpets are getting fitted today?hope that goes ok...and no ..you can have trump back ta muchly

hi ppqp..how are you then?nope blue berry bushes have pretty compact roots ..last day of the stampede ..I went there millions of years ago..it seems like that anyway..and a pub called the Highlander..you still tired today?

hiya pauly ,hows you then?we all move on eventually ,its making the most of what you have while you can..we all worry get scared at times,but hey its gonna happen so enjoy yourself ..and the start is ...to have a great day today.

hiya SK...how are you ...hope you are better ,or on the mend x

hey sam ...hows you ..did you get your work done ..sorry about your mate,crap I know.yes it makes you realise .anyway havea good one today

hiya pie ,everyone else hope you are all well..

A Cow, an Ant and an Old Fart
            A Cow, an Ant and an Old Fart are debating on who is the greatest of the three of them.

The Cow: I give 50 liters of milk every day and that's why I am the greatest!!

The Ant: I work day and night, summer and winter, I can carry 52 times my own weight and that's why I am the greatest!!

Why are you scrolling down? It's your turn to say something...

For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most of us have naively thought this was connected with tradition or religion, but the Indian embassy in Ottawa has recently revealed the true story.

When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop,fish and chip shop a taxi cab, or a motel /hotel in England .

If nothing is there, he must remain in India to answer telephones and provide us with technical advice.

In the middle of the defensive wall at a free kick, the left back took the ball right in the crotch and he passed out from the pain.

When he woke up he found himself in the local hospital. Though still in pain, he asked the doctor, "Doc, is it bad, will I be able to play again"?

"Yes, you should be able to", replied the doctor.

"Oh, great. So I can play for my club again? said the man, feeling much relieved?

"Well, just as long as they've got a women's team", said the doctor.

After a visit to the doctor, Joe Bloggs, the city team's centre forward dropped in to his local pub for a quick one. "What’s up mate?" asked his friend Brian, "you look worried".

"Yes, I am," Joe replied. "I've just been to the doctor's and he told me I can't play football."

"Oh, really?" said Brian. "He's seen you play too then, has he"?
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,I'm trying to make the most of each day,think it was Satz who posted a writing from someone who mentioned that same thing about waiting to be happy,I realized I have done that my whole life,waited to move to some place to make me happy,waited for the kids to get to a certain age,jobs,when I lose weight,when I'm however old,etc,time to just be happy NOW Lav,I hope the chicken is ok,was wondering too if our lovely Cyn is still here? I do miss our little thread we had but it's too hard to keep it going with here and there posts PQ,hope the traffic goes back to normal quick after stampede! I have road rage but I'm still a polite driver,,it's just my mouth in the privacy of my car that the rage flows haha,Sam,hope you're feeling ok,much love to all and wishes for a marvelous,margarita free,Monday haha!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I hope your chicken returns safe and sound. Seems like you always have one of those daredevils in the group. We're under a heat warning for the next couple of days. Grateful my office has A/C. Hope the carpets are installed quickly and you get things back in order. It'll help with all the heat you're experiencing.

Mick...the magpies didn't wake up the peskies? You'll have to find out their secret to deep sleep. Good luck at the vet's today, hope all works out ok. Got a good rest last night so raring to go this morning. Highlander....man does that bring back memories, the beginning of my downfall!

Pauly...I'm standing right beside you with the "waiting to be happy". It really takes a concerted effort to just live in the moment, but I'm getting better at it. Marvelous Margarita Free Monday, LOL. Be interesting to see what you come up with for Tuesday's "Drink" Free reference.

It's nice to actually be organized in the morning. I should try it more often. LOL Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hidy ho Cats and Kitties!

doing well in the program here... it's a really long one and a couple weeks to go but nearing the end and getting excited to be
                  back to my new home location and keeping up with you rascals. Sam so sorry for your loss buddy.
                  Going to be super nice to cook for myself again. Institution food does indeed get old. Did get a chance to swim at the local lake a couple
                  weeks ago and that was a hoot. Been working out in the weight room and getting a suntan which is nice. So great to be positive, sober and
                  more healthy than I've been in many many years.

much love to one and all

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                    Hidy ho Cats and Kitties!

doing well in the program here... it's a really long one and a couple weeks to go but nearing the end and getting excited to be
                    back to my new home location and keeping up with you rascals. Sam so sorry for your loss buddy.
                    Going to be super nice to cook for myself again. Institution food does indeed get old. Did get a chance to swim at the local lake a couple
                    weeks ago and that was a hoot. Been working out in the weight room and getting a suntan which is nice. So great to be positive, sober and
                    more healthy than I've been in many many years.

much love to one and all

be well
                    :yay: Det :yay:

So good to see this post, I've been thinking of you. You're sounding great and I'm so glad things are going good. We're looking forward to you getting back to your new digs and inundating us with pictures. :hug:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det - great to see you! You really do sound happy & healthy
                      This has been a long program but it certainly sounds like it's working, very nice.

Mick, the carpet installers were here for about 6 hours but they did a great job. Now we're in the process of dragging furniture & other belongings back into the house. The big stuff has to wait until our son can help. I don't carry china cabinets & stuff like that, haha! You took your bunny to the vet & I took my dog to the vet today (just for follow up bloodwork). I won't keep a rooster here anymore because of the 4:15 am wake up calls, ugh. My chicken has not returned & we haven't found any evidence of a massacre so I guess she just decided to look for greener pastures, I don't know.

Pauly, I just posted this link in the Nest but I'll post it here as well. The DailyOM newsletter today had a great article 'Editing Your Life'. I think it may help you too :hug:
                      DailyOM - Creative Cuts

PQ, still hot & humid here, yuck. I hope we get the T storms predicted tomorrow. The gardens are seriously parched looking & could use a good soaking.
                      I hope you have another organized morning tomorrow

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon all ..how is we ..? well firstly Det ..brill to see you mate so glad you are doing well keep it up now tht youve posted once ..no excuse now fella !!I seem to be running out of time daily doing thingz!!this morning I was up at sparrows fart ,let the rabbits out ,gave Panda her meds cleaned and reshaped the furnishings in the conservatory ,,repotted 2 hibiscus ,and 4 prayer plants ,redid the hanging baskets made madams breakfast tidied out the loft put insulation on the walls..its 1330 and I aint stopped ..have now..
                        Sad news about Panda....took her to the vet ,my little baby has got a twisted spine...it will never right ,I feel gutted ,She isnt in pain ,however ,but she is on permanent meds to reduce the inflammation ...its like when you get arthritis or something ,the weather position everything affects it ..she is on medstwice a day...in herself apart form walking she seems ok ,I promised her a good life and thats what she will have,no matter what. how did your dog get on Lav..?everything ok?
                        hiya everyone else ,hope you are well ,I will be on later to be totally truthful ,I am in meh land!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...well at least now you know what it is and that she's not in pain. Meds twice a day will become routine as you say you promised her a good life. You have been one busy boy so understandable you're in meh land. Go play with your trains for awhile.

I on the other hand am just starting my day. Spent some time last night sorting out an online booking issue. With my support time in New Zealand I have to work on their time. Day 2 of our heatwave with rain/thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow. Have a good one all, will see you after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,aww Mick poor little Panda I'm just happy she's not in any pain,does she act normal and happy despite the spine? That's all that matters,much love to all and wishes for a terrific Tuesday (too tired to think of anything PQ haha)!

Comment

morning all,
                              had a rush job so been moving and grooving on that. Plat work today, in AC!

Det, so glad things are going well for you. You sound great.

Mick, that sounds very painful, hope the meds help.

Lav, thanks for posting that link, I plan on looking at it soon.

PQ, we're still in the heat / humid... finally we got a storm last night. gardens were needing a drink.

Pauly, hope your day is doing well.

PI, SK, SF, TT waves to you. Cinders, good reunion?

later
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X