21st of october...2 months 4 days till ho ho ho day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st of october...2 months 4 days till ho ho ho day

mae all ..0455 am so this is short n sweet..not raining its pitch black ...we cahnge the clocks next week ..busy day yustaday...changed the fence around the veg plot...Jeeves and Bonnie sat together on Jeeves stone ..all heart that guy !spoke to brother...he is in pain ,but tho be expected..He couldnt have a general anasthetic so it was all done under a local...jeez ..
    Trains are coming along ..redid the top left side again ..heres a pic of a barn I did ..and a stable..

snuggling up

20181020_181120.jpg

20181020_152910.jpg

20181019_110421.jpg

20181020_173925.jpg

20181020_174024.jpg

hope everyone is ok

My dog licked me to death. I had a Roverdose.

When the doctor told me that he'd messed up my operation, my heart was in my mouth.

Im not happy. I put the chicken in the freezer last weekend,went to take it out this morning,and the stupid thing is dead.

I saw a rather annoying McFly tribute band last night called O'Hornet.

My mate started his own war on drugs.
    Last night he was so off his face, he singlehandedly tried to invade France.

I love that awkward silence that ensues when you're out with dog walkers, standing chatting in a circle, all holding various bags of warm sh.t and eventually, they realise you don't own a dog

Never trust a plumber who turns up at your house wearing wellies.

I hate people who use the same word twice in the same sentence.

Enough is enough.

My old Uncle Jim died a few months ago. He made millions selling coconuts. vandals broke into the cemetery and desiccated his grave.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 21st of october...2 months 4 days till ho ho ho day

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck detecting today. Love the pics. Hope your brother heals quickly. Heading out to brunch with family, which reminds me of Pi...hoping all is well with you.

Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

Small crowd here today -
      I hope everyone is OK & just busy enjoying life

Sunny & cool here today, just the way it should be this time of year.
      I baked up a small batch of almond flour shortbread cookies - dairy free of course. After a few weeks of such restrictive eating I was ready for a tasty treat.

Mick, 'had a Roverdose' LOL
      I hope you had a great day detecting. Your pics look great. You need to start charging admission to your train layout - looks awesome

PQ, hope you had a nice brunch!

Hello to SK, Cyn, Pauly, Det & anyone else stopping by tonight.

Wishing everyone a nice night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all,
        another ending to a good long day, veying and came home to the Mrs digging sweet potatoes as we are due to freeze tonight. Looks like we got about 6 bushels, and she dug them all!

I have had on and off internet for awhile. finally got another connection. It has been interesting not being quite as connected. Computers, phones, etc are another form of addiction??!!

hope everyone is doing well!
        later
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,sites kinda slow for me so I'll just wish everyone a happy BF Monday,hi Sam!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all....how are we then?good I hope ...well yesterday was a bit of a drama ..!!I caught my exhauaston the van it ripped 2 brackets off,put a hole in the pipe and dropped the exhaust to the floor..because of the mod of the dropped floor it is a customised exhaust..,to replace the individual parts my guess £500..one garage this morning ,wouldnt touch it ..so I got the name of a firm that customises exhausts..told him the score..as it happens I know him from previous ,he made and welded on 2 new brackets,made and brazed a plate over the hole ,and made and fitted a new tailpipe..total cost? £20...

well both rabbits are in the same hitch today for the first time ,cleaned it out immaculate and sprayed it all ..so its like start again in a new hutch for them..fingers crossed ...
            phoned brother going to see him tomorrow ..

hey Sam nice to see you ..how are you doing?did you get the frost ..? yes it is interesting ...we had that question before ..swopping one addiction for another..my first question would be ...define the meaning of addiction .its lovely and sunny here today ,although it startedcold ..take care mate

hiya Lav ,how are you then?did you enjoy your treat then?Yes the trains are starting to come on a bit ,the bottom bit where that hill is ..can lift off leaving a flat surface to work off when its time to change it over ///how many cookies are left???

hiya ppqp...well did you enjoy the brunch?yep yesterday wasnt one of my bestest days!!I never even found the exhaust tailpipe that fell orf!

hiya trregirl ,pauly sk pie et al hope you are doing ok ...

I recently sat next to a Man on a Ryanair flight who was shouting Racist abuse and using foul language.

Sometimes, It's hard being a co - pilot.

My deaf girlfriend was talking in her sleep last night
            She nearly took my eye out

The new landlord at my local is a bit of a git. I went in this afternoon at 4.30pm and ordered the all day breakfast for £7.99. You can imagine my displeasure at being served a bowl of fckin Corn Flakes, a slice of toast and a glass of bleedin orange juice.

Theresa May attended church on Sunday with 3 bodyguards:

Wow!

That shows great faith.

When i was a kid my mum and dad made me walk the plank every day.

We couldn't afford a dog.

The pregnant Duchess skipped her royal engagements and spent the day relaxing. Poor thing must be exhausted.

Those car doors don't shut themselves.

My therapist has assured me I am cured of my kleptomania.

Oh yeah? Just wait till he goes to use his wallet.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...at least I didn't hear anything about hurting yourself. Wow...good job on getting the exhaust fixed for £20 you must have been chuffed with that. Got my fingers crossed for the peskies too, I'm sure there'll be a pic soon. Hope your visit with your brother is a good one.

Sam...good to see you and glad things are going ok.

Pauly...hope you're having a happy BF Friday. I know I am. It was nice to sleep in this morning and even nicer when the boys went to work. Got the house to myself today.

Ended up finishing a book I was reading this morning, haven't done that in a long time. Time to figure out what to have for lunch. Hope everyone is having a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Yep, we're definitely getting overnight frosts but it warms up to 50-60 degrees when the sun arrives

Mick, glad you were able to get your van fixed so quickly. I have a backup camera in my vehicle now so I'm hoping to avoid running into things & damaging the tailpipe, ha ha!
                The last I check there were 4 or 5 cookies left (I should hide them somewhere).

Sam, good to see you & congrats on the bumper crop of sweet potatoes, nice! YB grew some red & white potatoes in big buckets this year, made for an easy harvest for sure.
                Being connected is such a part of my routine anymore. It doesn't bother me but I am kind of glad we didn't have all this when the kids were young. There were plenty of other distractions for them, ha ha!

Hi Pauly, hope your day was good!

PQ, having the house to yourself is a gift, ha ha! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Hello to Cyn & SK. Hope you are both doing well.

Hello to Det too!

Apparently the moon is disrupting my sleep again, rats. I really was sleeping better for a few weeks so I guess I just have to wait for this full moon to get here & gone. Sounds ridiculous, I know.
                Chickens are putting themselves to bed before 6:15, I'm only getting 4 or 5 eggs/day from 12 of them - guess winter is on the way.

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ...aquick jump in ...off to brothers in a minute ...rabbits in hutch together last night ...yeeeeeess!no probs ...will be on later .

20181022_193427.jpg

20181022_193436.jpg

The Police just kicked my front door in and arrested me for vandalism.

Hypocrites!

"Officers arrest man on suspicion of arson at bank"
                  I'm surprised they caught him. It's rare nowadays to meet anyone who has money to burn.

B.B.C News: In a new study "Humans eat more bananas than monkeys".

I can't remember the last time I ate a fcking monkey.

I was trying to get home in time for the football, but I was being held up by a learner driver. She was driving very slowly and kept stalling.
                  "Come on, you stupid git!" I shouted. "Get a fcking move on!"
                  She started crying and said it would be her last lesson with me.

Pretend to be funny by calling yourself KimJongTrump and voting your own crap jokes up using multiple IP addresses.

"Primary school erects 10ft fence to stop crime wave"
                  It may stop it during school hours, but once they let the little sods out at four o'clock, the vandalism, shoplifting and mugging start all over again.

Comment

..2 months 4 days till ho ho ho day
                    Feck off Mick :rant:

Don't you dare drop the 'C' word........ :cuss:
                    Last edited by satz123; October 23, 2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

morning all,
                      Nice to be back! Mick, we did get a frost, very heavy this time.

Lav, how's that work growing taters in a bucket? We grew a small batch of regular taters but they didn't do near as well. It was a strange year for growing, so wet here. I spent a good deal of my free time this summer rebuilding fence and cleaning up flood debris. Still got a bit more to go but count myself fortunate when I see all who have lost everything lately.

PQ, you sound as if you're on vacation!? hope you are and enjoying.

Satz, I'm all for having seamas in July.

Pauly , how have you been? any Hair razing adventures?

Det, I'll need to look back and see what photos you've posted. how's vegas doing for you?

burning that midnight oil computing, got a deadline to meet and it's going to be close. Got most of the field work done. Back out to finishing highway portion of boundary.

have a good one all
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello Abbers-

Mick, great news about the bunnies, and what sweet photos! Wow, they are on their way. Hope,your visit to your brother goes well... hope his pain is manageable. Good job on the muffler!

PQ, what a nice day you described... I hope today keeps some serenity for you.

Pauly, oh no, mice for you too! My dog sitter says she had an invasion at her house and now uses dryer sheets to keep them away. Apparently it really works - she had a nest in her car (!) and they never returned. I'm going to try it, along with spraying peppermint oil... they hate that. I use traps, not poison... too scary with a dog here, and one poisoned mouse can disrupt a whole food chain... I just read about a great horned owl that expired on someone's doorstep, and the tests showed it had died of eating a poisoned mouse... kinda sad if it works it's way up the food chain. I hope your poor kiddie gets better soon...

SK, what beautiful words to hear -- that the walk to the car was OK. Wonderful news! I hope that it keeps moving in that direction.

Sam, hello, I'm kind of new to the thread, nice to meet you. 6 bushels of sweet potatoes. That would do me for a week or two!!

Det, how's it going, cooking anything interesting?

Lav, glad that you had a treat. I have a great, super-simple almond cookie recipe - I haven't made them forever, I will find the recipe. Do you know the website Against All Grain...? Great recipes, most of the stuff has some ingredient that I can't have, but I like to peruse. No, NO BLEACH people! Lav, I know you know this -- bleach is terrible for humans. And it is ineffective against mold. Some sites say that it actually feeds the mold. There is a great green product out there called concrobium which actually kills the mold, but then the dead spores can be a health risk. That's why I'm washing the walls down. Most mold experts say that plain warm water with a little dish soap will remove the remains of the mold ... I added vinegar (very effective against mold) just for good measure. Going to hit is again with hydrogen peroxide to lighten the stains, then eventually cover it wth mold-killing-preventing paint.

Sorry - more than anyone wants to know about mold! But there it is, just in case you ever have to deal...!

Started the day yesterday with a business breakfast at a fancy restaurant in NYC then drove the 2.5 hours home, stopping to get supplies for my clients and myself, then ended the day up to my elbows cleaning mold. Pretty funny...

Wishing all a safe, centered day --

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics! Glad they survived the night, they look quite content together. Hope your visit with your brother was a good one.

Satz...I concur!

Sam...it was a strange growing season here too. Wet June then scorching July then the BC wildfire smoke moved in and stayed. Just took Monday off as a vacation day, owed another 4 days from last year so will work those in before the snow hits again. Is the highway portion the last boundary that you have to do?

Tgirl...no serenity today! LOL Guess all hell broke loose yesterday, so good day to take off. Had some ruffled feathers to smooth out and then spent the majority of the day helping Childcare with some non-compliant licensing issues. Gotta say I'm lucky to be in a position to pick and choose what work I do. I knew not to use bleach with mold and I add vinegar to all my cleaning solutions. Hope you can soon put things behind you.

Lav...posted quickly to see if you had posted, but alas not. Forgot about you and your moon. Only 4-5 eggs from 12 hens! That's not nearly enough. Does production slow down during the winter?

It's good old mac & cheese tonight, not even bothering with a salad. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP
                          Last edited by porqoui; October 23, 2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

The bunnies sure look comfy Mick - good job

Sam, we had exactly 8" of rain in just September here, yuck. Most things rotted in the garden. The potatoes did well in those big round plastic tubs like this:
                            Buy 1-Gallon Rope Handle Tub, Blue at S&S Worldwide
                            We bought them cheap from an Amish store nearby & filled them with some really nice compost - did the trick
                            We lost a couple of trees & had damage to a bunch of my perennials with all the wind driven rain in late July. You sound like you're keeping busy!

Cyn, you are always busy, no doubt about that!
                            I didn't think you were actually using bleach to clean up the mold - I know you better than that, ha ha!
                            Glad you are getting a handle on the situation & I remember using that paint on a problem area in a previous house, worked great.
                            Good luck with your client work.

Hey PQ, it's always crazy going back to work after a few days off, right?
                            I hope the next snow is not for many, many weeks!!!!

Hi Pauly, Det & SK, hope you are all well.

We are being warned of a nor'easter this weekend, rain & wind starting Friday evening. I don't think we need this but what can you do?
                            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Sam, great to have you back. Those sweet potatoes were a good haul. Do you mostly bake them or use them in baked dishes, etc?

Rabbits hanging out, that's great makes me feel warm. Kittens, (I'm talking to you Misty!) are fun to watch, but can make a mess. Whenever I sit down or goto bed Hermi is right on my lap cuddling.

Had my ears re-pierced and bought cat ears for Viv. She's had a 5 day virus with high fever and now DD and SIL have it, I hope I got out of there w/o being exposed. Got my nails done, pedicure and eyebrows. Then I went to Whole Foods got shephherd's pie with roasted brussels, beet salad and sausage gumbo.

Det, speaking of your minature greens, have you had morenga (sp) sound like it's the super food of all super foods.

Cyn, you are very thorough in everything you do and is this case gained more knowledge, good job.

Hiya Pauly.

Lav, I remember when Tawny frog got chickens, she was overloaded with eggs and then they didn't lay, or sure what the cause was.

PS I was showing off my walking to Viv. andshetold mw she knew I could do it.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X