NoSugar Celebrates 6 Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoSugar Celebrates 6 Years!

We have another birthday to celebrate, our thread-hopping lady [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] is celebrating 7 years of sobriety today!!

Congratulations and a big thank you for all you contribute across the boards!!
    Last edited by abcowboy; January 24, 2020, 08:45 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: NoSugar Celebrates 6 Years!

January must have been a good month to quit! Lots of soberversery peeps this month! Congratulations NS, all of your support throughout the years has been priceless, not just on the drinking but the eating habits as well thank you so much love and have a fabulous day:welldone:
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, NoSugar!!! But I am SURE it is 7 years...

I am so grateful to be here with you - before I committed myself I lurked and followed your posts. I was so happy to see the analytic part of this - the science really helps me. Thanks for sticking around and supporting us all. I hope you're going out and celebrating!

xo
      Pav

Comment

NoSugar, I remember the day you came in....I wondered if you were on the right support group forum (with your name No Sugar). I remember getting a PM from Kuya saying that she had spotted you as a winner. The more you learned, the stronger your resolve became. You have been an unwavering force on MWO, a voice of constant support, information and incredible dedication to helping others find a way out of the pit of addiction. THANK YOU for all you do and congratulations on this huge milepost. :welldone: 7 years, just incredible! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS NoSugar!!!! Wow!! What a milestone and what a great inspiration you are to me...!

I hope you have a wondeful day!
          AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Nice one NS ...like others there was never a doubt in my mind where you were headed! Xx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for all you do :welldone:

Comment

Thank you so much, @abcowboy for remembering and starting a re-birthday thread for me! I used to have my sobriety date in my signature but lost it when MWO underwent one of its transitions and haven't been able to figure out how to get it back in.

It was 2013 when I quit but I love being to the place where a year more or less really doesn't matter because I simply don't drink :smile:. I so clearly remember at the beginning when I longed for the time when each day wouldn't seem like such a *&#!!@ big deal (much less one hour!!). I was relieved to start thinking in weeks, months, and finally, in years. Like a child who is growing up and just has to stipulate that he is 3 and one half years old, for a long time it seemed to be important to be exact. One time a friend (who I was not 'out' to) asked me how long it had been since I quit drinking. After I quickly responded "13 months", it struck me what a tell that was :egad:!! Oh, well.

Thanks to all of you for all your support and for being my community. I had given up on myself but once some of you so freely and lovingly gave of your time and experience, I started not wanting to let you down (for once using my need to people-please in a good way). Later, when I realized some of you were actually paying attention to what I said (even when it made you mad @available and @narilly :haha, I was even more committed because I was so determined to leave behind the deceitful hypocrite I had become. I had committed myself to 100% honesty here and many times, knowing that I would have to come here and report to all of you who had helped and listened to me was enough to immediately change my thinking. So thank you for being here for me to do this for before I was ready to do it for myself.

Yeah, @paulywogg, a random Thursday in late January turned out to be an awesome time to quit :yay:. I had blown past so many Mondays, Firsts of the Months, Birthdays, and any number of symbolic 'beginning' days, I had pretty much given up on that approach. 7 years ago yesterday wasn't any worse, or better, than many, many days before. But I guess I had finally gotten so sick of myself and my life that I wanted to quit more than I wanted to drink - because I didn't want to die or live what felt like such a pathetic meaningless life. I'm grateful I didn't wait for an even more devastating rock bottom to get me onto the right path -- with the people of MWO.

So, to any of you at the beginning like @julia1970 or wondering if it is worth the effort, the 'being different', the being more uptight, the being bored, the frustrated longing to escape --- It most definitely is!! And after you get some weeks, months, or years behind you, you'll find new ways to relax, time and energy to have way too much to do to ever be bored, and to be absolutely grateful to be different to the people focused on their next fix, equating alcohol with happiness.

Again, thank you for being here. Much love, NS
                Last edited by NoSugar; January 24, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Happy 7th birthday NS. Who me MAD, god i was made as hell that someone was making me accountable for my actions but i had immense gratitude that you stuck with me, pushing me along the path of sobriety and making me realise that I was worth it. Pushing me to have a quite date instead of me trying to do the moderation path constantly.

I thank you so much for starting me and supporting me on this journey and now i am proud to be walking along behind you. Still listening to you and always knowing you have my back.

Have a happy day and much love. xxxx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations to our very own Sugarbabe
                    Had to smile at the child-like knowing how long its been. These days I try a nonchalant wave of the hand and say donkey's years but I know inside the exact time.

Its wonderful to have you here. ......................so some lovely sugar-free flowers for your fabulous achievement sent with much love and kindness. :hug:

J xxxx
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congratulations on your many years of sobriety, NS! Thank you so much for all of your support. It has been invaluable to me. And I like the way you think!
                      Last edited by Slo; January 24, 2020, 06:41 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

CONGRATS ON 7 YEARS AF NS :yay: :welldone:
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My apologies [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]! I had you as 2014 in my Sobriety Calendar, but I’ve already fixed that mistake ready for the right number next year!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi All

Congrats NS. 7 YEARS. Another member reaching an anniversary that I am sure you thought wasn’t possible when you started your day 1
                            Congrats on doing the work it took to get here

Caysea
                            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                            AF 5-16-08

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                              NoSugar, I remember the day you came in....I wondered if you were on the right support group forum (with your name No Sugar). I remember getting a PM from Kuya saying that she had spotted you as a winner. The more you learned, the stronger your resolve became. You have been an unwavering force on MWO, a voice of constant support, information and incredible dedication to helping others find a way out of the pit of addiction. THANK YOU for all you do and congratulations on this huge milepost. :welldone: 7 years, just incredible! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                              I'm late as usual to the party & lazy as feck so ...... [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] what Byrdy says 'with knobs on'. I couldn't say it any better so I won't try.
                              CONGRATULATIONS LOVELY LADY !!! inkele:
                              Last edited by satz123; January 25, 2020, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X