X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drink? book by David Nutt

Drink?

There is a new book by David Nutt about alcohol with the title “DRINK?”

Very interesting read as the book is divided into sections and provides all the scientific information about Alcohol. There is a good chapter explaining the effects on the body and different systems/organs within the body. There is also some helpful advice about cutting down and quitting. He states that he simply wants to give drinkers all the facts about alcohol and has some pointers to self diagnose what category of drinker you might be (ie high risk, binge or normal/low risk)

Would recommend it if you want to learn about this legal attractively packaged poison that is in our society today.

Re: Drink? book by David Nutt

just reread this book after quitting and it's still a cracking read. The bit about the damage it does to your Brian, Liver and surprisingly your Heart. I do like reading about stuff like that when it doesn't apply to me anymore.

I recommend this book.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Comment

I feel like alcohol effects every single cell in the body, I remember feeling like it sucked all the fluid out of my joints or something cuz I just remember terrible joint pain while drinking, also the stomach felt like it burnt my stomach lining away, thanks for the book suggestion
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
          I feel like alcohol effects every single cell in the body, I remember feeling like it sucked all the fluid out of my joints or something cuz I just remember terrible joint pain while drinking, also the stomach felt like it burnt my stomach lining away, thanks for the book suggestion
          This could be Gout. I have a friend who suffers from terrible gout in his late 30s, (now 40). Drinking brings on attacks of it, though they are delayed attacks that happen a few days after a big session of drinkin. He still won't quit or cut down.

It's possible that Gout has nothing to do with drinking as opinion is still divided on the subject. It may depend on the individual.

Comment

Working...
          X