3 month update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 month update

Three Month Sober and now that things are opening up I am tempted to drink but I know that I will not drink. Instead of drinking, I will go here. Instead of going to a bar I will go here. I miss karaoke but I want to wait a few more weeks and get strong enough to do so. So far this quit has been easy course with the bars closed. But now that they are opening up the urges are there but I know that I will not drink.

I forgot that the 8th marked my 3 month AF journey.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: 3 month update

Congrat's on 3 months Drifty!

I'm a musician and work in bars. They'll be open again for live bands soon i suppose. Fortunately, people boozing around me doesn't bother me. If someone puts a glass of red on my table right near me within a metre, the smell unsettles me a bit, but that is rare. But i make sure i always have an exit plan so i am never stuck/trapped amongst drunks! lol. I always drive and leave when it get's boring or late. And arrive late as possible, although if there's a band before us i'm ok hanging out for a short time then too. Exit plan and control over when i come and go is the key for me.

Great work mi amiga.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congratulations Drifty!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Well done Drifty!!! Well worth avoiding risks like karaoke for a while - I dropped any potentially 'dangerous' situations for a long time - in fact after a long time a lot of them didn't even seem attractive any more!! So good to have your 3 months -- lovely xx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
          X