June 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 14

MAE ALL....kicking off this weeks thread.

Morning all...wicked storm rolled through Calgary last night. The rain/hail thunder/lightening went on most of the night, I loved it. The east side of the city had the most damage but I haven't gone over to check out the garden yet. Off to put the coffee on...will be back later.

Mick...thinking of you this morning and hope all is ok. :hug:
    Last edited by porqoui; June 14, 2020, 10:36 AM.

Re: June 14

Good evening all!

Thanks for the startup PQ
    I hope you found the garden in good shape after the storm!

We took an afternoon ride to go check out the Susquehanna river, see if it was still there, haha!
    Spent a good deal of time up there in our youth, nothing much has changed.Put a few pics on FB of the islands we used to row out to in the old days.
    Nothing else going on here, did a bit of yard work since it wasn’t overly hot out.

Hello to Mick, Pauly, Pie, Sam & Cyn! Hope everyone is doing fine.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Monday All!

My big plans include picking up week’s meals from caterer, and Game of Thrones DVD’s from library. Sober life is good!!!

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie sounds like a great day Lav, love the FB pics looks beautiful out there! PQ thanks for the kick off, Monday feels like a Monday so I'll just wish everyone a great BF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi everyone...just a quick jump in ...doing ok ish .. we are in the middleof a massive thunderstorm here ..hope everyone is ok ..

82937990_3281916532034475_1056915431317404073_n.jpg

tonights floods this is milnrow ...the village just over a mile away

EakEI2KWAAAd4dT.jpg

EakEIzkXkAM_z4a.jpg

EakEIyfXgAI-6W0 (1).jpg
          Last edited by Mick; June 15, 2020, 01:10 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oy! Stay dry Mick!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day here again but I think we are running out of luck. The weather forecast is talking heat wave on the way, ugh.

Mick, goodness I hope you have a rowboat handy. That’s a lot of water!!!
              Stay safe, please!

Pie, your meal plan & DVD plan sound wonderful, enjoy!

Pauly, Mondays have always been Mondays, haha!
              I like to ride up to see the river a time or two each year. I also like driving down & over a bit to see the Chesapeake Bay. There’s something about being around large bodies of water that’s calming. Not like the water Mick is seeing of course. Hope your day was good.

Hello to Det, Sam & Cyn!

PQ, how did your day go?

Not much else going on here so I’ll wish everyone a nice night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

dang Mick, that's ma lot of water, how much rain are you getting?
                Lav, got some new baby chicks and a resident blacksnake that's eating eggs.
                Pi, glad you're enjoying your new lease on life, no hangovers makes the world a better place for certain
                Pauly, how's the hair cuttery business doing, back into it? how's that work, wearing masks? I wore mine to do deed research and it is a little worrisome and hot but I do it anyway.

later all.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick that water! Flooding scares me, Sam, yup hafta wear a mask at work and like you said it gets hot, also getting pimples on my chin from it but oh well, Lav, I agree being around water is good for the soul had a dream I had no top teeth! It was creepy and I was sooooo happy when I woke up and felt my teeth haha, much love and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Lav...you may be headed for a heatwave, we're headed for more rain this week. Garden fared ok, no real damage from the storm on Saturday. Just lucky we're not in NE Calgary. I'm with you, I love being by the water.

Mick...hope the flooding didn't get as far as your place. Would hate to see your garden under water with all the work you put into it. Keep yourself and the peskies safe.
                    This was a major freeway in Calgary on Sunday
                    flood.jpg

Pauly...I've been wearing my mask while grocery shopping and can hardly wait to take it off when I get back in the car. I see they've designed some masks with clear coverings over the mouth so hearing impaired people can read lips. It's amazing how inventive people can be. If we're required to wear a mask when work starts again I'm going with a clear face shield instead.

Sam...good to see you popping in and it sounds like all is good. Except for the new resident in the chicken coop.

Pi...jealous you've got your meals figured out for the week, I really have to get organized. Was talking with the boss the other day when I popped into work. What stood out for me was I miss my Fridays. You know, that TGIF feeling.

Shout out to Det and TG.

Have some work to tackle today but have my bridge game booked for this afternoon too. Priorities man. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...hope we are good today ..more storms here today...more overnight too.the benefits of living on a hill!as we speak there is a massive thunderstorm starting.the temp tonight is 24 degrees ..so its hot water!last night we had a months rain in a night ...tonight they reckon we are going to get 50/60mm in 3 hours .Yep ,when I go out ,and into the shops I wear a mask ..def not convinced our govt has got it right!

take care everyone .

So Starbucks have announced that the lockdown has cost their business about £1.3bn.

Or in other words, that's equivalent to four hot chocolates, an Americana and two sandwiches.

Can we start a rumour that Piers Morgan is a slave trader?

"Dad?"

"Hello son, how's your holiday?"

"I'm in a cell for something I didn't do. I need you to send ten grand, or they'll bang me up for two years."

"See you in 2022, then."

I watched a tramp pull fish after fish out of a canal and with a twig and a bit of string with a bent nail on the end,

"Wow, that's amazing, " I said, "why don't you keep some for food instead of keep throwing them back?"

"I can get fish any time, " he replied, "it's that fcking mattress I'm after. "

For sale: Model of the Titanic.

Comes complete with invisible iceberg.

I read that you should never use slug pellets in your garden as they are poisonous to hedgehogs.

So I put a baccy tin full of beer down instead.

Now I can't sleep, as the garden's full of pissed-up slugs and hedgehogs singing and fighting all night.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Starbucks lies if they say that for realz, when Kell and I were doing grocery delivery we'd drive by and it was slammed everytime at the drive thru so we were able to try local places instead, PQ, I bought a shield off my coworker cuz she looked good in hers I looked like Jeffrey Dahmer in mine so never wear it haha!

Comment

IMG_20200616_134648245.jpg

Comment

Greetings folks!

Still nice here, lucky for us!
                            Made a quick stop & dropped off freshly baked sourdough for my son & his family. Just handed it over the fence & talked for a few minutes.

Sam, I stopped in the grocery store while I was out today & was pleased to see every single shopper & employee with a mask on. You do get used to them after a while.
                            I don’t know how many black snakes we have here but i’ve run into 2 so far. If they would be happy just eating field mice I wouldn’t mind so much. Good luck with your new chicks!

Mick, I doubt that any government has it right on the virus with the exception of NZ. They were smart & listened to the experts. FL opened up beaches, bars & restaurants 2 weeks ago & now they are having 1000+ new cases each day, duh!
                            The year is almost half over & I think we should just accept that 2020 was a total disaster.

Pauly, the face shields are helpful but too be really safe you should have a mask on underneath for full protection. Think about what the nurses are going thru with all that. It doesn’t make you look like Jeffery Dahmer, haha!! Make sure you disinfect that shield frequently.

PQ, I am FB friends with Narilly & she posted pictures of all that hail, goodness!!! Lots of cracked windshields too.
                            Missing your TGIF? Hmm, maybe you should be planning a special meal for Fridays or something to celebrate

Det, Pie hello to you!
                            Cyn, if you’re checking in I wish you a safe trip west :heart:

Have a good night everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav that thing is ugly and I feel embarrassed with it on! A mask is annoying but tbh I forget I'm wearing it sometimes so there's that, my mom and brother stopped in for a bit yesterday cuz they had to take his stepson to the orthodontist, it was good to see them but we were all masked up and I think my mom was paranoid of catching the virus, there's not been any cases in her rural county, I told them just be careful if they stop at any stores, I'd hate it if they caught it down here cuz our rates are in the up and up too, PQ, crazy hail sheesh! We get that here would you believe in the middle of summer sometimes, waves to Mick, Pie, Sam and Det hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X