Caffeine. cup of tea or coffee making you want to drink alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caffeine. cup of tea or coffee making you want to drink alcohol

Does anyone feel like reaching for the bottle after taking caffeine? recently noticed a craving for a beer (but nothing stronger than that) after a nice cup of tea or a good brew of coffee. The small rush you get from the caffeine and feeling good makes my brain feel like going down the pub for a few drinks, but not wanting to get off my face blind drunk or anything.

Re: Caffeine. cup of tea or coffee making you want to drink alcohol

No
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      No
      honest answer

Comment

Coffee just makes me want more coffee!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
          Does anyone feel like reaching for the bottle after taking caffeine? recently noticed a craving for a beer (but nothing stronger than that) after a nice cup of tea or a good brew of coffee. The small rush you get from the caffeine and feeling good makes my brain feel like going down the pub for a few drinks, but not wanting to get off my face blind drunk or anything.
          I can kinda see some logic Scotty. Strong coffee is a stimulant - so possibly coming down from it makes you think what's the next legal 'high' I can get?
          Last edited by satz123; August 13, 2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            I can kinda see some logic Scotty. Strong coffee is a stimulant - so possibly coming down from it makes you think what's the next legal 'high' I can get?
            it's only while the high lasts I feel like that, or when the high first starts.

Comment

it's only while the high lasts I feel like that, or when the high first starts.
              Yes I get that - then it's you thinking ahead of ways to keep the 'high' going.
              Example :
              As you may know - I do not drink but ....
              I had 2 bars of chocolate in the fridge tonight.
              I decided to have one with a cuppa tea - two bites in while I was STILL eating the first one - I was thinking I'll have the other one too when I'm finished this.
              I waited, made a phone call & the craving passed.

Comment

When i drink a cup i text a friend and say. lets go to the pub tonight

Comment

When i drink a cup i text a friend and say. lets go to the pub tonight
                  So you've recognised it as a trigger.
                  Remove or train yourself to diffuse all triggers if you are serious about not drinking.

One way - have a biscuit (cookie) with the coffee/tea.?

Comment

No. was planning a quit for september so i'll see

Comment

No connection to drinking my daily coffee and getting the craving to drink. No atal atal lol. :shakingno:

Comment

For real lol:hahaha:

Comment

Working...
                        X