Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16t of August..its getting closer...we wish you a......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16t of August..its getting closer...we wish you a......

hi all how are we then was raining this morning,but its fired off and just blowing now,got another quote last night for the drive ..trouble is with the covid ,everyone has been getting home jobs done .so there is a bit of a wait.Ive seen the type of van we want Elddis Accordio 125...plus they hold their value we have seen 3 so far
    This mornin I wa cleaning up ,and I dropped and broke an ornament Whyte and McKay osprey whisky decanter..Ive got the whole set ..less 1 now!!
    Just had a look at tomatoes ...doing well..

3 different kinds ..

20200816_135447.jpg

20200816_135323.jpg

20200816_135306.jpg

hope everyone is doing well..covid round here is still on the rise so its stay safe time

I can’t help but think we’d be speaking German if the Nazis used rubber dinghies.

Britain is utterly defenceless against them .

I looked up from my crossword and asked "what does 'campanology' mean?"

"Doesn't ring any bells," frowned my girlfriend.

Question: at what point in a relationship is it acceptable to openly break wind?
    I'm in a cab with my blind date and she's not looking too impressed.

I used to go out with an independent MP. That was no party.
    So I went out with a mountain climber. That soon peaked and was all downhill from there.
    So I went out with an horologist but I had to watch myself all the time.
    Then I went out with a fortune teller, but I couldn't see any future in it.
    So I went out with a siamese twin, but she acted like we were joined at the hip.
    Then I went out with a police cadet. She had arresting good looks but was really jailbait.
    Anyway, I ended up with an accountant. Figures.

I see Meghan's new home has a guest house for her mother.

Meanwhile, her father is still in the doghouse.

If you drive for an hour in the UK not only do the accent's change so do the customs and cultures. You could even cross into another country.

If you drive for an hour in the United States...

You are still behind a fat git on a mobility scooter inside Walmart.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 16t of August..its getting closer...we wish you a......

Mae everybody, I tried to post yesterday but when I hit it, it said did you want to leave this page? So I dunno what happened, Lav, yep definitely covidiots! Alot of people just don't want to follow the guidelines, hubs is pissing me off with his not wanting to wear a mask, the way he smokes cigarettes you'd figure he'd be scared of the virus, Det, hope you found something fun to do, I haven't gone bowling in ages, we used to go to Sam's town but seem like I always got sick there for some reason, a cold or something I think their ventilation is bad, haven't been doing hardly any grocery deliveries cuz my car has no air, the Honda Brady wrecked did but that's gone, PQ, we'll see what happens with your boss haha, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all,
      Pauly, blame your inability to post on the post office, pretty tomatoes, Mick. I've canning salsa using up ours.

not much happening, be glad when Nov. rolls around. It's going to be an ugly one.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking the week off for us. Checked out the Elddis Accordio 125 online, I like the looks of it. Any luck with the guy who came by to see your van yesterday? Our lumber industry is booming over here, stores can't keep up as everyone has become DIY experts. Was at the garden this morning, my tomatoes are nowhere near where yours are. But at least I have some.

Pauly...your hubs and my son. His standard rant is it's a free country and I don't have to wear a mask. He has asked me for a mask if he's going to a friends place who have children or perhaps they've told him not to come without one. Of course it would be the car with A/C that got totaled. Don't blame you for easing off on the grocery deliveries.

Sam...I'll be glad when Nov rolls around too. With my luck this will be the year we actually get an Indian Summer. Oh...am I allowed to say that anymore?

Lav...hope you have a/c in the car and that the day goes ok for you. Did manage to dig up some potatoes but it appears the wasps/hornets (not sure which) are back. I think this is the year we'll have to dig up that plot and get rid of the hive for good. It's the wicking bed plot that had a rubber reservoir for water in it. I think it was the wasps/hornets that destroyed it.

Det...hope the shoot went good for you and that you didn't have to be out in the heat for long. Did you end up going bowling? I always enjoyed that sport.

Pi...how are thing going with you? How's the dog doing?

Today's the day to clean out the fridge so must get at it. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We got back home around 6:15 this evening. 2 1/2 hrs each way in the rain, yuck. The service & lunch after went well but I think they exceeded the 25 person limit that gatherings in NJ require. What can yuo do in these instances?

Mick, this just may be a very good time for tradesmen. People stuck & home & suddenly wanting to make improvements!
          Your tomatoes look very nice, good job!

Pauly, buy your husband some nicotine replacements (lozenges or gum or patch) & get him to get rid of the smokes! We all need the best lung function we can get to help us survive the virus should we get infected.

Sam, I am waiting for November too & not extremely patient either, haha!

PQ, sounds like your garden has had more than kit’s fair share of troubles, sorry!
          Glad today is over with & my grandsons & DIL managed very well considering everything.

Det, saw you post on last week’s thread.
          Don’t focus on the 14 yr old, they’re all a pain in the ass but they do outgrow it, believe it or not.
          Stay calm, focus on your biz, everything will be OK!

Hello to pie & Cyn.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ I think they can't wait for Nov for the election, that's gonna be a shitshow cuz either way DT will act like an ass, I laughed about Indian summer Det, listen to Lav, they're all like that I was one and raised 3 and that age is just bitch city! Waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Monday (feels like a Monday)

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and how are we this afternoon then? Hope all is well well very hot over here again today day cloudy humid think there's another storm on the way not a lot happening over here today, the virustotal of positive still increases over here so they are looking at putting in more lockdown measures that is until suddenly somebody realised the latest positives are two weeks old!
              Hiya pauly how are you today then hope all is well with you. Yes the elections will be interesting over there I wonder what effect it will have on us over here Boris being Donald's whipping boy. All I can say about smoking is I'm really glad I gave it up each To Their Own. Take care
              Hiya lav and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you too I'm still waiting for the qt from the guy that came the other day so it's now to quartz I'm waiting for the certainly don't rush tradespeople do they. for me getting the drive done is the priority move before we can do anything and we have already seen a van so we'll see what happens. I've had to dig up and replant my ornamental cabbages as they were absolutely covered in Little green fly between that and the caterpillars from the cabbage white butterflies on the kale still not exactly third world country problems are they. You take care

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you. What is the latest with your boss did he put an appearance in today? Does the fire doors Saga still go on when do you get your result now ? How were the Gardens doing ?

Hiya det how are you mate? Hope all is well well don't get too vexed about the antics of a 14-year old teenager I know it's difficult believe me I've been there Amy holds possibly the most famous or infamous bearing in mind which way you want to look at it the only person who has ever gone nose to nose with me me so close and not been head-butted we never really got onto well but we are very very close now so never give up or think it's it's not worth it

Big shout out to everyone else take care look after yourself
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hiya Mick and the gang.

Sending warmest greetings. All ok here. Beautiful tomatoes mate. or is that - Tomayyytoes? Take care over there.
                Last edited by Guitarista; August 17, 2020, 03:44 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Not real hot today & we just had a big downpour, currently 66 degrees, not bad!
                  Got the baby chicks moved into their newly refurbished quarters in the chicken house a few hours ago. YB made it snake & mouse proof, nice haha!! I live with too much ‘nature’ around here LOL
                  Daughter & granddaughter coming for a visit tomorrow, looking forward to that

Pauly, looking back on raising both of my kids I can honestly say I didn’t know if I was going to get thru it alive. They are genetically programmed to work your last nerve. BUT, now that it’s long over & done with i can honestly say I’m glad I didn’t kill them when they were really asking for it, haha! They have both turned into decent adults so I did OK.

Det, see above LOL
                  Hope things are better today!!!!

Mick, we got the rain without the excess heat for a change. I guess it all went to the west coast.
                  I guess getting your name on the tradespeople’s list is about as fast as you can go right now. Learning to be patient during this pandemic has been a big deal! I hope you can get what you want sooner rather than later.

Hey G, good to see yuohere!

Hello to PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Hello to PIe, Sam & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  Last edited by Lavande; August 17, 2020, 06:12 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ABerooooodles near and far!

no bowling. kiddo drama which almost ended up with me called youth parole but thankfully de-escalated just barely short of that. arg! this stresses me the hell out,
                    she's such a little dumbass and her mum is so sweet. ommmm ommmm. Darlene and I ended up spending a romantic hour or so at... Walmart. oh well. things are a bit
                    calmer now at least.

Mick, I guess they don't have those vans over here, or at least not by the name. sounds very cool and useful. And what cracking tomatoes you've grown!

Felt a bit weird asking at the store to buy just one of the little airline sized bottles of cabernet (not the 4 pack) but by jove I want tonight's marinara sauce to be killer, and
                    by the smell it's going to be. Will have that with red lentil gluten-free penne rigate. and other stuff.... hmmm. salad I think .

Lav, at least you made it safely all that way in the rain. Hopefully we'll go a good while before more funeral services.

Sam, yes November is going to be a clown-storm combined with a sh*t-show for sure. I'm glad we're in a lower populated part of the city... I fear things
                    are going to get rather ugly indeed.

PPQ you norty person... prolly no Indian references are ok from what I can tell. I'm almost afraid to hold the door for people anymore... I'm lost in my own land. sigh.

Yay! Nevada broke a heat record (why did I say yay?) Death valley yesterday recorded 130F which is the hottest measurement on the planet since 1913.
                    And it's supposed to be 113+ here tomorrow. egad.

Guitarista! howzit mate? tomayyto tomawwto... we'll figure it out.

Pauly, sorry to hear about the lost post. and the AC! mine isn't working right so when I can save up enough I really need to have it looked at.

anyone see the meteor showers recently? they were too late for me to enjoy.

off to stir my sauce and get ready for trip to the gym, then home for oink-out.

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...it all makes sense now!! :harhar: Thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering. I'll be glad for Nov anyways as what happens in the states greatly effects us. Gotta say I was glad to raise two boys, didn't need the drama of girls.

Mick...very hot over here today 93! It was overcast this morning and it felt like I'd walked into a Twilight Zone show this morning. Yup, boss was in today and complained that his computer was slow. I felt like saying "Should have run that windows update while you were on holidays" and had to bite my tongue not to respond with boo hoo. Won't have any results until after the MRI which hasn't been scheduled but I will keep you posted. I'll take your green flies and caterpillars over my wasps/hornets any day. All in all though we've had a successful growing season. Hope you get your quote and drive done sooner than later.

Gman...good to see you stopping in. Glad all is ok in your world.

Lav...glad the chicks got moved into their "new and improved" abode. I actually had a really good day today. Took my RA injection on Saturday and it's finally kicked in. More energy and less inflammation. Boss actually spent some time talking with me about what's happening with things, I think he's feeling a little sheepish. Won't change my opinion if the board asks. Enjoy your visit tomorrow.

Det...kiddo drama is bad enough and I'm sure it's been exasperated with this pandemic. Sorry, but it'll probably get worse before it gets better. Remember you can only control your reaction, even if it means walking out and around the block. You'll all get through this. "I'm almost afraid to hold the door for people anymore" LOL Dinner sounds divine, me, ribs and rice.

Pi...:eyes: looking for you.

Have a bridge game scheduled in an hour and am looking forward to it. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, hi Mr. G glad things are going well for you, feel free to stop by anytime Det, I'm sorry for the drama with the daughter again, I'm sure she's got alot of stress with everything too, I think alot of us just aren't ourselves lately, I know I've felt snappier than my usual self, Mick, same here, me and my dad got along terribly when I was a teen! I was mean, he was mean but after I moved out and he divorced my mom we started getting really close, I think my mom made him an asshole tbh, she has that ability haha! PQ, good for you on holding your tongue with your boss haha, yep boys seem to be easier, (except 2 year olds like Rome,he's a grizzly bear!)the only problem is when they go off to get married they're closer to their wives where girls tend to stay close to mom forever,(I should say sometimes) much love to all and wishes for a great BF T-day!
                        Last edited by paulywogg; August 18, 2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then? hope all is well ...firstly Det well done on buying the little bottle and not snaffling a big un ,..good for you matey..you have done well..Yes its only a small van compared to some of the monsters over there,take care buddy ..

Mr G ...how are we ? sheer poetry man ..no in englandsville we have tomaaaaaaaah toes and potaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy toes..but in Jockland we have tamaaaaytaze... hope all is well with you .

Hiya Lav...how are we doing?ok Ihope ..well got a quote last night..fits in with what I want ..cant be done for a fortnight ..and thats with both of them ..everyone has gone mad with home jobs .

Ihad a piece of wood and I thought what could I do with it ..so I drilled it ad put stakes thru it into the ground ..da da...

20200818_112117.jpg

and then I had an old carriage ..so I weathered it to make it look like a scrapper ....first time Ive done it

20200818_093357.jpg

20200818_093431.jpg

and then ...I planted up ornamental cabbages ..

20200817_173013.jpg

you have a good day ..the weather should be good ..ours is rubbish

hiya pauly hows you then today? hope all is well with you..yep this lockdown stuff has had even the sanest ov us howlin at the moon!!!ours gets reviewed in 2 days ..I doubt there will be a change..

hey ppqp ..how did the bridge go?did you win?hope so ..weve got wasps too...so the boss wasnt a happy bunny? unlucky him ..

has anyone seen this its the motto for this year.......

117714786_3348135458745915_8666731092612083911_n.jpg

Comment

Top O the tuesday ABeroooos!

ommm, trying to keep positive in spite of craziness than abounds like encircling madness. Calm on the home-front at the moment.

Mick, great carpentry and hobby work mate! yeah, part of me wishes I hung onto my travel trailer. the way things are going it could
                            have come in handy but alas, she's gone and the RV/trailer market has boomed like never before. People en masse are being evicted and moving
                            their lives into them out of desperation.

I never imagined I'd see our nation with scenes that look like news reports of 3rd world carnage. That poor fellow in Portland that stopped to render aid to a robbery
                            victim was rewarded by the thug-activists chasing and beating him. A trans woman tried to step in and they beat her and robbed her, then turned back to the man and
                            chased him to his car, beat his female passenger, drug him out and beat him unconscious. Not one damn cop in the area to help. WTF? isn't there a single adult that works
                            for the city of Portland to step up? I'm about fully fed-up with what we have become.

in brighter news I received my Aussie naturalization forms from my dad so I can apply for my Aussie passport and return to being a dual citizen. yay! that's a rare thing to have.
                            now I need to sched a trip to the consulate in LA. groan.... not fun but worth it.

last nights marinara was a hit as well as homemade ceasar salad with super yummy dressing.

it's time for a meditation. I don't like being upset and must take take of myself, this I know.

PPQ enjoy the unusual weather! Pauly good luck putting up with that little grizzly bear Lav, hope something fun is happening there.

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I'm quite happy to have them closer to their wives than me, my job is done, time to move on.

Mick...I think you're lucky it's only going to be a fortnight. Love what you did with the piece of wood, so creative. Nice job on the carriage and your ornamental cabbage looks great. Actually I did win at bridge last night but I called it quits early as I was exhausted and couldn't quit yawning. Boss left at noon today, silly me assumed he was going for lunch, he never came back.

Det...well done on returning to dual citizenship, sorry you have to go to LA to complete it.

Lav...did you ever post your German Potato Salad recipe? I've been craving it for a couple of days now!

This heat really gets to me, it just zaps all my energy. Don't know how you guys do it. We installed a google nest doorbell for childcare and I updated all their tablets. Figured that was enough work for today especially since the boss never came back after lunch. Hope you all have a cool evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X