August 30!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 30!!

Haven’t started a new weekly thread in ages so here we go!! One more day to go & we see September!

Beautiful Canadian-like weather here today, currently 75, sunny & no humidity, yay!
    I spent the day cooking so I have lots of leftovers to pick at over the week. Now I feel like I missed a whole day, haha!!

Mick, I hope you got out detecting as planned!

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Det, Pie, Sam & Cyn.

Wishing everyone a good night & great week ahead

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: August 30!!

And good afternoon everyone how are we all today then? Hope everyone is good I was out detecting yesterday day the fields were really roughly ploughed and in the end I only managed to walk across them for about 6 hours, however didn't find too many treasures what I did find or was part of a spear part of a knife at a still got the edge on it it part of the wheel fastening for a bronze age chariot and lots of little bits of melted bronze doesn't sound a lot but the history does it for me me the piece of knife if has still got a sharpened Edge and is about 4750 years old I am now in the process of looking for another car so far I've seen to to which I'm looking at this week. The drive get started tomorrow should be finished by Thursday hopefully have the other car by Friday then the dentist the following week to get my face drilled just been out for a little walk to wear off the stiffness from yesterday clambering across the fields well done lav on the thread start when was the last time you did it? When shue was here .ha ha..big hello to all you peeps
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Where is everyone?????????

Glad to see you Mick! Are the rest avoiding us for some reason? Haha Lol
      Dark & damp here all day, wasn’t expecting that but at least it’s not hot. Got my hair cut so I’m happy. Congrats on your awesome find yesterday, should make a nice contribution to your personal museum
      Hopefully the weather will stay dry for your driveway work. Speaking of shue I still she her on FB from time to time!
      The
      Hello to the rest of the slackers (just kidding) - PQ, Pauly, Det, Pie, Sam & Cyn. I hope everyone is doing well!

Have a nice night y’all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA but I've been extremely busy the past few days. Just like I predicted everything hit at once, last minute. Boss actually came in at 2:30 wanting me to write up a COVID staff procedure complete with mandatory health questionnaire and he needs it right away so he can send it out as everyone is supposed to start back to work tomorrow. Geeze, I was just planning on heading out for lunch. LOL

Lav...thanks for kicking off this weeks thread. The last couple of days I don't know if I'm coming or going, getting things thrown at me from every direction, and when I do get home I'm exhausted. Hopefully things will settle down after tomorrow.

Mick...it's been ages since you've been able to get out detecting. "only managed to walk across them for about 6 hours" and you say "only"! I'm sure it's the history that keeps you detecting, it certainly isn't the money. Forgot about your driveway...hope the weather holds out for you. Boy, you upgrade one vehicle and now you want to upgrade them all.

Shout out to the rest of the crew....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mornin all 6.20am how re we ? just havin a quick brew before the madness of the day starts..at least its dry out there.Certainly autumnal.My friend has just come back from the Isle of Skye in his camper van ...loved it .
          hiya ppqp ...well did you get your covid strategy written up?your boss is methinks a bit of a Richard cranium...fancy leaving it like that before sending out an important document ..I know at her work ,Julie wrote out 9 versions of their emergency regime planning...how many were used?Nish..by the time they were ratified ,it had moved on .hope it all settles for you.

hiya Lav ...hows you with the noo happy haircut? all good?it was hard going ..heres the state the field was in !!I took a vid and screenshotted it

Screenshot_20200901-062928_Gallery.jpg

enjoyed it tho ..hopefully a lot more when the ground settles ..

hiya everyone else ..hope you are ok

There’s one place that I just can’t stand.

My local ice rink.

“I usually meet my girlfriend at 12:59 because I like that one-to-one time.”

A guy walked into a bar. As he was ordering his first drink, he looked around and saw a guy down the end of the bar falling off his stool. He said to himself, "Aw, man, this is disgusting, somebody oughta do something."

He walked over and said, "Hey buddy, let me give you a ride home." He picked the drunk up and dragged him to the door of the bar. He had to prop the guy up against the wall to open the door, but the guy fell down!

When he got the guy out to his car, he propped him up against the car to get out his keys, and the guy fell down again!

Soon they were on their way. He asked the drunk where he lived, and the drunk pointed to a house. He parked and helped the drunk out of the car.

He dragged him up the steps, and propped him up against the railing so he could ring the bell. Again, the guy fell down!

Finally the drunk's wife came to the door. "Look, lady, I brought your husband home for you."

She says, "Well, that's very nice of you, young man, but where's his wheelchair?"

A salesman, tired of his job, gave it up to become a policeman. Several months later, a friend asked him how he liked his new role.

"Well," he replied, "the pay is good and the hours aren't bad, but what I like best is that the customer is always wrong."

A little girl was playing in the garden when she spotted two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked.

"They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?"

"That's a daddy longlegs," her father answered.

"So, the other one is a mommy longlegs?" the girl asked.

"No," her father replied. "Both of them are daddy longlegs."

The little girl thought about it for a moment then took her foot and stamped them flat. "Well, we're not having any of THAT in OUR garden."

There was a little boy who had just learned to count on his fingers. One day his uncle came to visit and the boy was anxious to show off his newly acquired skill. He told the uncle to ask him and addition question.

So they uncle asked, "What is three plus four?" The little boy counts it out on his fingers and said, "Seven." The uncle said, "Listen kid, you cant count it out on your hands because someday when you are in school, a teacher will get mad at you for it.

Now put your hands in your pockets." So the little boy put his hands in his pockets and his uncle asked, "What is five plus five?"

The uncle saw movement in the boys pockets, then the boy said, "Eleven."

A father is asked by his friend, "Has your son decided what he wants to be when he grows up?"

"Yes, he wants to be a garbage collector," replied the boy's father.

His friend thought for a moment and responded, "That's a strange ambition to have for a career."

"Well," said the boy's father, "he thinks that garbage collectors only work on Tuesdays!"
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Morning Mick...I wonder if I said to my boss "You're such a Richard Cranium" if he'd get it. I wouldn't till I googled it. LOL That's exactly how I felt when he asked me to do it though. Yup, got the Staff COVID procedures done and he sent it out last night. Still need to set up for contractors though. Speaking of contractors, good luck with the driveway today. I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't want to be walking around that field for 6 hours, can just feel my calves burning!! Hope you have a good, productive day.

Morning to the rest of the gang.....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; September 1, 2020, 07:07 AM.

Comment

ppqp......No more tanks, no more Suffield? - Medicine Hat NewsMedicine Hat News

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had another damp & dark day but it was cool so I won’t complain, much
                Rode all over southern Lancaster County today so YB could find an Amish hydraulics shop. They make large propane burners to be used outside & he needs to replace the old one. Always an intersting trip to these shops. YB does all his messy tomato juice coooking & canning out in his garage. I refuse to let him use the kitchen cause he can’t clean up after himself haha!

PQ, I’ll have to come up with a special design for a mask for your boss ~ let me think about that, LOL
                Sorry they have you working so hard but it does make the week go by quickly.

Mick, I was imagining turned ankles walking thru that field, geez! I’m not all that steady on my feet on a flat surface if you know what I mean.
                Yep, I am happy with my haircut, it’s short & not frizzy in all this damp weather!!
                I hope th edriveway project goes well.

Hello to Det, Pie, Pauly, Sam & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; September 1, 2020, 06:16 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick...wow, hadn't heard about that. That would be a big blow to more than just Medicine Hat. Hope it doesn't happen.

Lav...I remember a joke Mick once posted about the asshole being the boss of the body. Something like that. Do you remember Mick? I'm sure I could find it again. Maybe something in that joke would work. LOL Accomplished all that had to be done so am ready for contractors coming into the building. Maybe we'll finally get the building restoration finished. I think the boss is procrastinating because then he'd actually have to come up with a plan for rentals and programs. Every other community association in the city has launched their fall programs! So did YB find the hydraulics shop? Don't give in, don't let him in the kitchen.

Thinking of the rest of the gang not posting at this time. I feel it's because we're all busy, enduring coviditis and just putting one foot in front of the other. If it's because you're struggling, have "slipped" or don't know which way is up, please post. You're chairs are getting cold but we've sanitized them for you.

All in all, first day of school went better than expected. They're doing staggered entry so only had about 1/3 of the kids we'd normally have. That worked out well as we were able to work out any kinks in the plans. Couple of issues with the online contactless drop off but it was more user error than program error. Had a call from my Dr who said she couldn't get me in for an MRI until February and said that was just not good enough. She is going to book me in for a CT scan instead. Although I had about 8 of them while I was in the hospital she said this is a different type of one. So she put the request in and now I just have to wait to see when that gets scheduled. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

evening all
                    I have a real bad falling out with one my children (both in their 30's). I'm not in a good place but remain sober. After reading PQ's post I know I need to check in more often
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam....:hug:

Sometimes when I don't post it's because I'm not in a good place either and some how feel I should always post positive thoughts. Well, that's just bullshit. Sometimes I go into a lot of detail about things in my life but that's because I have to get it out there and get it gone. I know that feeling well...when you say you're not in a good place ....your self worth shone through when you said but I remain sober. Details aren't important, but feelings are. So glad you shared. (When you left I sanitized your chair) :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
                        Sam....:hug:

Sometimes when I don't post it's because I'm not in a good place either and some how feel I should always post positive thoughts. Well, that's just bullshit. Sometimes I go into a lot of detail about things in my life but that's because I have to get it out there and get it gone. I know that feeling well...when you say you're not in a good place ....your self worth shone through when you said but I remain sober. Details aren't important, but feelings are. So glad you shared. (When you left I sanitized your chair) :heartbeat:
                        This is me right now,no not drinking but I honestly don't have much positive things to say so I'm keeping quiet,love you all tho but it's a brain drain to try to come up with something to say,hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon everybody how are we? Absolutely pouring with rain over here even work on the driveway is finished they are back tomorrow to finish it off off but it's almost complete. It looks huge at the moment that's because it is empty, however once there is a motorhome and two cars on it it won't look so empty it wasn't raining earlier and one of the neighbours down the road started complaining because they were cutting paving slabs he said that the dust was getting on his car are you can't believe some people and now it is absolutely hammering down with rain the human race baffles me I realise that those of Us here sometimes need an outlet for when things aren't quite right if you recall in days gone by why when it went pear-shaped all we do is get a bottle and carry on till it was empty those days are gone so when we get cheesed off we really haven't got an outlet apart from here so pauly when you have nothing to say it's not a big deal all you need to know is the forum is here for you nobody expects you to jump up right there everyday full of Beans and life simply saying hi let everyone know that you are ok and I'm as guilty as anyone on disappearing when things aren't quite going right for me but it's always worth remembering but we are here for each other and that applies to you as well Sam have to listen anytime my friend I'm what we say stays here with us and that should apply to every single one of us
                          Anyway does anyone want any rain with plenty going spare here ideal for washing cars let's see if I can get a picture of where the drive15990597117938602076632124894980.jpg is up to at the moment
                          As you can guess I'm doing this on my phone15990597982467235301217751507039.jpg

Comment

Good evening all,

More crappy wetaher on the way so I’m just staying inside & ignorng it as much as possible. I have plenty to keep my mind & hands occupied, no problem.

Sam, I’m sorry you’re having a tough time with your kid
                            Sometimes we do or say something that seems just fine to us but it’s taken completely wrong by our kids. It’s not as easy to fix when they’re grownups as it was when they were young. Usuallytime helps heal a lot & everyone has a chance to cool off & reconsider their positions. I know it hurts now but don’t give up. :hug:

PQ, I think I vaguely remember that joke too
                            Glad things are working out semi-well at work. It will likely get smoother in time.
                            You’ll have to explain the wait times for testing to me. Here when we are told to get a test it gets done asap. MRIs do need pre-authorization from the insurance companies but that’s just a phone call. Is there a lack of tetsing sites for a city your size? Anyway, maybe the CT scan will be helpful enough.

Mick, hope everything is on track for your new driveway installation!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Pie & Cyn.

Have a good night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

What a day! It was non-stop and when I thought I'm hungry, I should get something to eat, it was already 2pm!

Pauly...following the tried and trusted rule of "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." LOL I think we're all exhausted dealing with this pandemic.

Mick...I'll take some rain please. OMG, dust was getting on his car, really! Too bad you can't put that black cloud just over his car. That didn't take long for them doing the driveway, I'm impressed. Yes, I agree, what's said here, stays here.

Lav...all health care (except dental) is free here in Alberta so sometimes the wait can get long. Priority is given to urgent matters. This is the first time I've had to wait for a test. I could pay for an MRI and get one done at a private clinic but that's not going to happen. LOL The way the doctor put it was this is a more involved ct scan compared to the ones I had when I was in the hospital. We shall see.

Off to make dinner then get ready for my bridge game tonight. Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X