13th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th September

Hell all ...how are we today?hope everyone is well.Weather over here is lovely ,both rabbits outside ..Im growing kale in large containers for the rabbits behind the greenhouse ...how they did it I dont know but last night I found them amongst it all having a little party to themselves .no wonder they end up with sore stomachs

hello ppqp,how are you keeping?hope you are ok .Im doing fine ,bit down but ok ..thank you for your offer .Hows work doing?with the pseudo boss?were you at cards this week?

Hello Lav..aka Dr Dolittle...(Walked down to say hello to the horses after dinner) how are you then? thank you for your thoughts too. hows your neighbours in pencilvanya...ha ha .one of the 41 states ..Im of the same ilk as you ..there was some stuff of Amys in the loft ....a gentle reminder required ....and taken...

hiya pauly how are you then? hope all is well with you ..again thanks for your thoughts..Im sure its rum they drink in Honduras ,but they have one called pinol which they drink like water .how is your weekend going? hope its ok ..

hiya det ..you ok mate..sounds like you are back on the hoss ......

That kid of mine tore the shop down in a spiteful tantrum and made me look a right muppet just because I couldn't find a Coke bottle with his name on it.

Anyway, he settled down a bit when I promised him his face would be on every milk carton in the county soon.

I used to teach history, but thats all in the past.

I started teaching biology but my heart wasn't in it.

I tried teaching chemistry, but there were elements i didnt understand.

I was offered a job teaching maths, but something didn't add up.

I was sent to Germany to do food science, that was the wurst.

I've started teaching physics, its got potential.

Deliverance County currently has a zero rating on Tripadvisor.

Way down in the heat of Texas there was a teacher helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots?

He asked for help and she could see why...

Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.' She looked, and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet...

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why didn't you say so?' like she wanted to. Once again, she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet. No sooner had they gotten the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots. My mom made me wear 'em.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But, she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'

He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years!

Liverpool airport has been shut for the past 8 hours due to a "suspicious car".

Apparently it had tax, insurance and the radio was still in it.

Police attending an incident in Liverpool returned to their car to find it up on bricks.
    Officers are working tyrelessly to find the culprit.

Labour have pledged to invest in Merseyside and create 100,000 jobs if they win the election.

The Conservatives now regard Liverpool as a safe seat.

A Scouser went on Dragons Den, the Dragons asked him what his idea was to make money.
    At this point the Scouser pulls out a satchel and a sawn off shotgun.
    He says to the Dragons, "It's a simple concept, fill the satchel with all your valuables and money or I'll fcking shoot you"

I went to see my uncle the other day.
    He said "I'm fcking sick of being here, I've got scousers to the left, scousers to the right, scousers above and fcking scousers below.

I said "I understand that uncle, but you've got to remember one thing,
    you are in prison after all.

A Scouser takes his telescopic fishing rod back to the tackle shop to ask for a refund.
    "What's wrong sir, wrong casting weight?"
    "No mate, the eyes are catching on the letterbox"

99% of Liverpool actually voted to stay in Europe...

"It's feckin great like," said one scouser, "all dese foreigners having our jobs."

On the trains: "See it, say it, sort it". except in Liverpool of course where it's, See it, steal it, sell it.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 13th September

Greetings all!

Lots of clouds today but not hot so that’s OK with me.
    Found myself mopping floors & washing windows. I didn’t plan to do it, it just happened haha!! I guess I should have more days like that, geez.

Mick, you seem to be feeling better today, hope you are.
    I was so reluctant with the last dental work I had done I was ready to refuse &just say screw it. But, now I’m glad I had it done & everything is working OK.
    I don’t want to make any generalizations but the typical (older) farmer around here is pretty wanker-ish & not overly educated. When I read postings like the one I saw the other day I just have to join in the laughter. The problem is these people are voting too & that depresses me. I know they’re all voting Republican because their parents & grandparents did. They do not take a damn minute to read current events & even know WHO they are voting for, ugh
    I very much want to put a Biden/Harris sign on my front yard but I’m afraid they would shoot at it, Lol

Det, hope your day was good, Pauly you too!

Pie, check in, it’s been a while

Hello to Sam & Cyn! I think Cyn may be making her way back home soon & will be posting soon.

Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Busy weekend for me. Landlord is going to replace all my appliances and he was at the store texting me for measurements and pictures of the fridge, stove, washer & dryer. He's also going to replace the flooring in the kitchen/utility room so more pictures and measurements. Moved all the furniture around so the delivery guys could get the appliances in. Then discovered a 48hr notice in the mailbox about redoing the deck so that's supposed to happen today. Had to make more room to move all the stuff off the deck. We've decided it's a good time to get rid of all the junk that has accumulated so the boys will be busy today. Good day to go to work me thinks. LOL They're starting work on my office today so hopefully by the end of the week I can get moved back in and settled. I refuse to unpack my temporary workstation just to repack it so I've been working out of boxes.

Mick...good to see you're feeling a bit better. I hope you don't end up having to doctor the peskies after their free for all. Were you able to get a hold of the medicine you need yet? At least your weather is behaving for you.

Lav...you're probably right about the lawn sign becoming target practice. LOL It was more smoky than cloudy here yesterday. I'm going to have to be extra careful when outside. Good to hear TG is heading home, I've missed her posts. Keep checking the tracking site but there's been no change on my end. I'm not worried though, last package you sent arrived at the door a day before the tracking was updated.

Thinking of the rest of the gang and hoping all is good with everyone. Have a great BF Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick waking up to scouser jokes, what could be better hah! Yep put some greens out and the animals are sure to find it and get a teeny ladder or something to get to it so it seems, those tortoises in my backyard can reach ANYTHING that's not up on the table out there! Lav, they were out in full force here yesterday cuz DT was in town, PQ, how's things going? Sam Pie? Det, are you glad it's been a bit cooler? There was lots of good delivery orders yesterday but I only took one in the morning cuz I had the boys, Romeo has had an allergic reaction to something in my house for the past two Sundays and I can't figure out what it could be, I'm suspecting the guinea pigs? I've always had them but he might have developed an allergy to them or their waste, I felt SO bad for him I called Kell to come get them earlier than she usually does, his eye was swelling up like he'd been in the ring with Tyson poor kid, any ideas Lav as to what it could be? All of a sudden allergies? Anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hello all...how are we today then? hope all is well today with everyone..guess what ..it is 34 degrees here today...and the sun is cracking the flags ....feeling better today ..Pauly you are right these little gits can get anywhere ..theres a plan he does the job and she keeps lookout ...when he has sorted it she then joins in .hope you have a good day .

hiya ppqp ..hows you then ? wow thats a turn up landlord going to replace all the electrical items?wow and the rest of it too...think you are right best be at work when it all happens .take care

hiya Lav hows you then? hope all is well with you ..so some of the folk there havent got all the sandwiches in their picnic?wow ...hows your weather today?we have the same tomorrow....

hiya everyone else

Your Annual Dementia Test

It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles.

As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it!

Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not.

The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast,' give up now and do something else.
          Try not to hurt yourself.

If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say ' silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question.

Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat.

Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World.

However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks,

what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,' why are you still reading these???If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany

(If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .)

Anyway, during the flight, two engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine

is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do

so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of 'no man's land' between East Germany

and West Germany .

Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany , West Germany , or no man's land'?

Answer: You don't bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and you must stop.

If you said, 'You don't bury survivors', proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator!

You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales .

In London , 17 people get on the bus.

In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on.

In Swindon , two people get off and four g et on.

In Cardiff , 1 1 people get off and 16 people get on.

In Swansea , three people get off and five people get on .

In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven.

What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
          Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Never mind, it part of getting old.....
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Unhung Monday ABeroooodles!

ah, nice relaxing weekend for us peeps and Pauly, yes this cooler weather is a blessing for sure.
            made it to a new (to us) Persian restaurant on Sat and it was really good. They also had a deli section
            for specialty Middle Eastern foods so I stocked up on a few weird things.

Mick, bunnies made their own salad then? hope they didn't overeat too much. We had kale last night come to think
            of it along with some killer ribs I did over mesquite. yummo!

which insane out of touch old white guy will I be voting for? aaaaagh! please tell me this is just a bad dream.

not sure if I mentioned before but all 3 of our new passports have arrived. yeah! wooo! I feel better now just knowing I can
            travel even though many places are still closed such as Italy. boo! hopefully soon.....

PPQ, a full home makeover? that's pretty darn exciting.

Lav, cleaning floors can be a real workout. thanks for the note on Cyn.

Pie? helloo....hope all is well

Sam? all good?

well, 3 shoots today including a twilight so it will be a late one and no gym...oh well. I certainly need the work
            so no complaints here.

ok, off to see the wizard... be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It’s currently 68 degrees, no humidity, I am happy
              Could this actually be fall arriving or will we get hit with another heat wave or two?? Who knows?
              I heard #45 told CA today that it will ‘get colder’. WTF?
              Nearly 30 dead, 22 missing in the wildfires, how sad.

PQ, you’re going to have a brand new place, that’s awesome!!
              I hope they get your office done quickly as well. I have more masks to mail out tomorrow so I’ll check on the status of yours as well. I still don’t know why mail goes east from here to NJ before turning northwest to get to you, haha!!

Pauly, kids & allergies, ugh! When they are real small like Romeo they constantly have their hands in their eyes & mouth. He could be reacting to something you used to clean with, that’s not unusual. I keep a small bottle of Benadryl liquid to dose the kids quickly. Until they’re big enough to wash their own hands, especially after touching pets, you really need to keep wiping their hands for them. Hope he feels better soon.

Mick, I think I passed the dementia test, LOL
              Glad yo are on the mend today & enjoying a nice day! Washed a few more windows today, no floor mopping.

Det, you sound better too, I’m glad!
              So you think Italy will be your #1 trip some day? That would be nice.
              Btw - I don’t think Biden is out of touch & we should feel safe voting for him. He truly does care about people & the planet unlike that big orange turd in the WH.

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all. I just read this and wondered if it was Mick?
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, we were cross posting yesterday, glad to hear of the new kitchen and deck Lav, yeah I let him handle the guinea pig not even giving it a thought, that was dumb, Sam maybe it is Mick haha, Det, don't get me started on the two up for election, I can't even get excited about either but I'd rather not talk politics cuz that's not what we're here for and it is very stressful and I'm tired of feeling stressed, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all a cracking day here yet again ...really hot .no it wasnt me on the underground Sam ,though there are a good few need to take heed of common sense and not your nutty leader...
                    hiya pauly hows you then ?apart from not liking parrots with watches ....hope all is well with you

hiya Lav ...garden untouched but def got plans in my skull .My friends funeral is on Friday....I still cant get my head round it all .but I will.hows things in pensilvanya..with spelling like that can I join the protest? you take care

hiya ppqp ..you ok ? how goes it with the refurb?hope all is well

hiya Det ...I love Italy been the length of Italy twice ,been to Venice 3 times..my fave was the top to toe tour ..started in Venice ....ended up in Sicily..I needed a holiday on return!!if you go mate give me a shout .maybe I can help you with tips /ideas

hiya teegee how are you doing? hope things are on the up for you xx

right folks take care x stay safe.

I know four brothers who live in squalour who are always eating pizza and getting into fights.

Cowabunga!

How many council workers does it take to change a lightbulb?
                    Definitely more than the six that are allowed to be in one place at a time.

I was at the bar and I ordered a pint of lager and a Pepsi for the Wife and went to sit down.
                    She said "where's the straw?"
                    Went back over to the bar and said "have you got a straw for the coke"
                    Landlord replied "just use a rolled up fiver like everybody else"

How do you know a scouser is literate?

They have a shopping list at the rubbish tip.

BBC news: Life may have been found on Venus...
                    Venus news: More idiotic rules starting today on Earth

I'm sorry to have to leak a secret memo, but there's an asteroid the size of the Isle of Wight heading straight for Earth and due to hit on/around the 2nd of November.

Donald Trump doesn't want to panic people and will therefore let Americans know about it in December.

Priti Patel vows to snitch on her OWN neighbours if they break the Covid 'Rule of Six'.

Bit harsh, since she lives next door to her Mother.

Comment

Ahoy ABerooos!

one shoot down, two to go, just popped home for a quick bite.

Lav, yes Italy strikes my fancy for some reason and always have so I need to at least visit and get a feel for the place...someday! ack.
                      so glad you've got the cool weather. Cranking back up to 100 here.

Mick, thanks much and I'll gladly take you up on some tourist advice.

Pauly, it's sad that our politics is just as messed up as everything else is this year and it's hard to keep my chin up at times that's for sure.
                      I'm now just trying to look upon it with some kind of twisted humor. surely from a nation of 330 million we can do a whole lot better than this
                      but I digress. This is going to be one hell of a New Year's Eve party I'm guessing and I'll be staying away from downtown as usual.

Sam, maybe a guy wearing a bunny as a mask would be our Mick.. hmmm.

Just read the new bombshell report from defected Chinese scientist Li-Meng Yan and wow... be interesting to see what precipitates now.

won't be home til about 4:30, then gym and something for dinner... dunno what yet but it needs to be simple and fast. Any ideas?
                      I'll be doing a Persian shirazi salad for sure as that's become a family fav.

otay, back off to the races

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Completely dark at 7:30 pm, no evening walks for me anymore. I’ll have to get myself & the dog out in the mornings!! Chilly here but I love that

Sam, I think that probably wasn’t Mick. He’s more likely to wear a rabbit mask, haha!!!
                        Any more coyote sounds?

Pauly, speaking of animal allergies, I got a rabbit when I was in high school & came home from school one day to find my dad had gotten rid of him. I never forgave or forgot that so years later I got one for my kids. That’s when I found out I developed an allergy to rabbits, uh oh. It happens!
                        #45 is in Philly tonight & there’s a huge protest planned, haha.

Mick, keep those plans for the garden in your head until next spring. Too late now for this year I think.
                        We drove to the place that makes our chicken feed today & came home with 250 pounds!!! They should be good for a while, Lol

Hello to Det, PQ, Pie & Cyn.

Have a nice night all. I still haven’t closed up the chicken house yet, better get moving.
                        Have a good night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                          dang, it's almost chilly out, 46º (F).
                          Lav, still have coyotes sounding off, but not as bad.
                          Mick, I'm all for our "leader" to quit/lose his job ASAP! I'm not sure I can endure another 4 years of all this winning.

spoke with my brother who lives out near Seattle, he did a video chat with his phone and walked outside, the smoke was pretty bad. What a disaster for so many people.

waves to you Det, Pauly, PQ, PI, TG!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam, my daughter is by Portland and their skies are smokey too very scary. Mick, at least you get to be at the funeral to pay your respects, a few months ago it wouldn't have been able to happen, Lav, yep I think we develop allergies as we go along, look how when we were kids and could eat cheese and drink milk without a second thought, now no, not that it's a food allergy but I think a sensitivity toward it is pretty close to an allergy, Det, you sound busy and that's good slept so odd last night, like that weird sleep where you can't tell if you're asleep cuz you're still aware of everything, meh sick of sleep issues, it's not every night but still it blows! PQ, hope things are going smoothly, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Hiya all..how are we today then? good I hope.blowing a bit of a gale today..no boiling weather .definitely autumnal..last night the internet went down again ..I was cursing and swearing ..giving Virgin media down the banks ..rubbish service we will change the internet provider ...Julie tried to re do the router everything..nope nish.and then Julie looked behind the television.And guess what ...

IMG-20200915-WA0000.jpg

yep ..Bonnie at work ..and like any good scrounger ..in my bag of come in handys I had a piece of cabling that I could make another cable with .she is currently in rabbit prison.awaiting sentence

hiya Pauly ,how you then?ok I hope..No I can go to the funeral ,the covid regs in Scotland only allow 20 people to attend ..plus Im in a lockdown area too.His family are doing a live lin kof the service .I m going for a walk with my friend who also knew him,over the moors .Keep your chin up .

hiya Sam ...hope all is well with you mate .hows things on the family side ..hope its sorted out

hiya Lav ...you sound like Julie ...it can wait till next year..Im thinking more of when the flowers die back..9 days and I pick the van up..looking forward to it Never mind rabbit mask ..I ll be wearing a bloody rabbit hat!!!

hiya ppqp ..hope all is well with you .

I asked my Scottish girlfriend to rate my listening skills.. She said you’re an 8 on a scale of 10…why she wanted me to urinate on a skeleton I'll never know!

It's kind of understandable how Donald Trump can stand there and tell us that global warming is a myth.

After all, he doesn't live on the same planet as the rest of us.

The earth is moving at 1,000 miles per hour!
                              I don't know about you, but I think we need more police in space.

I jumped in the shower this morning.

After working up a sweat, I turned the water on.

"Sir, why are you drinking on the floor?" asked the cafe waiter.
                              "This is ground coffee," I replied.

I can't believe how upset my wife got when I told her I am considering starting to keep a bear as a pet.

She said she wasn't worried about her safety, just "competition" at the fridge.

KETTLE Lives Matter!
                              After generations of abuse, kettles finally speak out over vile and racist treatment by pots.

Ever heard of a Shakespearean omelette?
                              You only add ham,

It's called a Hamlet

On the news, I saw a 59-year-old woman living in a van because she can not get a house. She needs to get on a ferry to France, burn her passport, and come back in a dingy.

Matt Hancock was visiting an old people’s home as a publicity stunt to show how sympathetic he was to the covid problem in the elderly.

He went up to an old lady in a wheelchair and said “ Do you know who I am?”

“No” she said “ but if you ask the nurse on the front desk she will tell you “

A journalist is interviewing David Beckham about Inter Miami.

"David - there are some ridiculous transfer rumours flying around, how do you respond to them?"

Beckham sighs and says, "They're not ridiculous transfers, they're real tattoos."

Comment

Working...
                              X