Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 days sober. Quitting again

Feeling good about quitting this time.

Pubs shut, got my TV channels, got nice teas and coffees to drink.

I am drinking non alcoholic beers but not sure if that's going to be a problem. Just sipping them while watching TV or if I fancy a cold drink.

Luv u guys

Re: 7 days sober. Quitting again

KEV.
    Non alcoholic beer to me is like de-caff coffee - pointless unless you absolutely LOVE the taste. Beer & Coffee were invented to give a buzz.
    You'll always be disappointed when you sip NA beer - you'll expect the hit and when you don't get it ..................?

Try really cold sparkling water when you want to hit a thirst.

Comment

No. I can drink it and get the non alcoholic buzz or nice taste.
      I do like the taste of it.

And yes I can drink decaf coffee for the same reason. Like the taste

Comment

Wishing you success, Kev!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I save NA beer for only when I am out with people who are drinking, and I love the flavor. An ice cold one is my treat. A twist of lime can be good in it too.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
            I save NA beer for only when I am out with people who are drinking, and I love the flavor. An ice cold one is my treat. A twist of lime can be good in it too.
            Nice

Feel good about this quit.

Comment

Great job!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Any advice on protecting my quit?

Comment

Yes, use this forum daily for ongoing support. It’s what I did, and believe me I had nothing in my quiver when I stopped, that you do not possess!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm 39. I've decided I think I will drink again at 60. Anyone else done or thought that? As in take a 20 year break from alcohol?

Comment

Yeah..no harm I spose but by the time you're a couple of years sober you won't want to go back on it probably
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Yeah..no harm I spose but by the time you're a couple of years sober you won't want to go back on it probably
                        I think so too.
                        Just thinking my body will have long since healed by then so may want to see out my days as a drinker again.

Seems daft just now. Head is a bit messed up but I feel good about this quit.

Gotta thank lockdown and working from home. Gets me out of a depressing office and also all the bars are shut.

Comment

Yep, similar thought has crossed my mind in the past Kev. I used to think i'll pick it up again when i'm 80 or 90. Who knows what tomorrow brings. All i know is for now, today, this week, month i will not drink. Because i have some life goals i am accomplishing and i cannot do it with booze in the equation.

Good to keep motivated and inspired to stay sober. I used to watch sober v/blogs on you tube and find a person i resonated with. Plenty of blogs and online forums around to connect to. Tommy Rosen and www.recovery2.0 is an interesting site.

Have a good weekend and take care of yourself.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; December 19, 2020, 02:58 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Yep, similar thought has crossed my mind in the past Kev. I used to think i'll pick it up again when i'm 80 or 90. Who knows what tomorrow brings. All i know is for now, today, this week, month i will not drink. Because i have some life goals i am accomplishing and i cannot do it with booze in the equation.

Good to keep motivated and inspired to stay sober. I used to watch sober v/blogs on you tube and find a person i resonated with. Plenty of blogs and online forums around to connect to. Tommy Rosen and www.recovery2.0 is an interesting site.

Have a good weekend and take care of yourself.
                            Thank u.. You too

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                              I'm 39. I've decided I think I will drink again at 60. Anyone else done or thought that? As in take a 20 year break from alcohol?
                              Could work well. Not having to say NEVER.
                              Worked for my sister-in-law with cigarettes.

Comment

Working...
                              X