X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 14

MAE ALL...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

The extreme cold weather warning has been reinstated.
    I think this -22 calls for a hot chocolate this morning.

c.jpg

Put your order in now and a I'll be right back...:smile:PPQP:
    Last edited by porqoui; February 14, 2021, 09:32 AM.

Re: Feb 14

Hello friends,

PQ, that’s looks delicious - if you can me a dairy free one I’ll take it
    Happy Valentine’s day to all or in my house - just another day Lol

Waited until 2 pm for the ice to melt enough to get across to the chickens in one piece. They didn’t seem to notice I was many hours late haha!
    I cooked yesterday so leftovers for dinner but I did make a good (too sugary) coffee cake for dessert, yum.
    Sleep not much better so I’m kinda dragging after several nights of this whatever it is. I know better than to try to nap, I’m a mess that way, oh well.

Mick, thanks for the updates & I hope everyone stays well & safe

Pauly, I loved Lou’s cookies & Romeo’s shape sorter haha! Hope your day was good too!

Det, hope you are staying well & happy in your new location.

Sam, Pie, time to stop in & let us know what’s going on.

Cyn, I hope your chicken recipe turned out good. I’ll bet Zander wouldn’t mind sharing with you.
    We were promised another ice storm tomorrow evening but now it’s looking like it might just be rain, hope so anyway.

Have a good night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sunday, all...

Pauly, such cute movies... I couldn't believe Romeo was just putting the chocolates back, not eating any of them! Hope life in Vegas is okay for you right now...

Det, hope all is well...

Mick, all okay in Bunnytown? Hope so...

Lav, I'm with you in the hot chocolate, but wish I could just whip up some of the old-fashioned kind. I'm steering even more clear of any dairy, I'm afraid it is getting too much inflammation going... I have little itchy places on my hands ... afraid of getting excema or something, so I'll be good and go back to total non-dairy. I have a great non- dairy pumpkin pie from a site you recommended years ago... maybe I'll make that. So sorry about your sleep... I wonder what gives?

PPQ, so sorry about the cold... all my friends in MN are stuck in the same icy flow... sheesh, I remember those days (weeks) well from my time living there... I empathize with my friends and you! Good luck.

Well, not much more going on here; got all the (USPS pre-paid) labels ready to go on the boxes, so will get those on the boxes and be ready to run to the PO in the morning before our snow arrives. That will help to "clear the decks" so to speak. Really need to make hay now that I have a little more room... time is racing!!!

Wishing all a happy evening and a good day tomorrow... cheers...

Comment

Mae everybody, sorry for the lack of posts but this site keeps kicking me off! Everything is ok here, just trying to make life special in a weird time ya know? Cyn I'm with you on dairy and cutting back, there's so many other good alternative things so why bother? Also with sugar, however I did have my share of sugar this weekend, much love to all, let me hurry before I get booted again haha, hope everyone has a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all ...hope all is well...just a quick note ...firstly thankyou to those that send me messages..2 days ago Julie got a message to say that her dad was poorly ,and the ambulance had been called ...he collapsed and at the time they thought it was possibly endex...3 hours it took 3 paramedics to stablise him..and then they phoned the surgeon at north manchester who told them to leave him at home ...it had something to do with his dementia ..then Julie had to go for her covid jab ,so I looked after him ...must say he looked in better health than me .been a sunny day today ...Julie has the day off so she is painting the door frames ,Im not allowed to do finessy things like that ..I get hammers n nails to play with .Rabbits are doing good ,they have def moved in to their new place .
          a few jokes ....

As we left the restaurant, she kissed me and said, "We should have dinner again."

"No thanks," I replied, "I'm full."

I said to my wife, "I saw on the news that a bloke was bitten fifteen times by a Rottweiler."

"Oh my God," she said, " What if it had been a young child?"

"Well," I replied, "He'd probably have slapped the sh.t out of the little git."

My wife just called me.

She said, "Three of the girls in the office have just received some flowers for Valentines Day, they are absolutely gorgeous."

I said, "That's probably why they've received flowers then."

My next door neighbour knocked my door last night, wearing lingerie and stockings and asking to borrow a cup of sugar and if I wanted to come over for a night cap

I said "fck off Steve I've got work in the morning".

Meghnant again?

The wife is making me eat more vegetables to help lower my blood pressure.

They taste pretty bland but I just cover them with salt.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy un-hung Monday ABerooooos!

Mick, what a scare, so glad they got him stabilized. getting any rest?

PPQ wins on the cold front... been pretty pleasant here albeit a tad snowy but they do a darn fine job of keeping
            the streets clear here. I just wish they weren't scraping the streets at 3:30am ugh! I already have a bad habit of
            waking up too early. oh well... safe driving at least.

we made it up to the ritzy town of Park City which is just so darn cute. The ski lift comes right down onto the main street
            which is cobble stones.

pictures: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

dairy? hmmm... I made a yummy NE clam chowder recently with loads of dairy and then proceeded to sneeze afterwords for hours...
            owch! not a great idea for me.

glad everyone seems to be hanging in there ok. it would be super neato if another stimulous check would show up soon. still poking around for best
            work options. the job I was banking on pays about 1/2 what I was makinig before. ugh! so the search continues. so long as I don't run out of EVOO
            and Italian cheese life will be ok

more furniture assembly today and other errands and job searching.

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...it was really just another day here as well. Haven't celebrated Valentine's day since before I was married! My sleep has been non existent as well, just glad I don't have to get up and at em in the mornings. The couch is as far as I can make it. LOL Hope you don't get the ice storm today.

TG...and the cold continues today, geesh! I think today is turn around day but I'm not saying that as I don't want to jinx it. Getting those boxes out the door today will give you a feeling of accomplishment. Good for you. I find when I finally clear something out mysteriously something shows up in it's place. One of these days I'll be on my own and things will stay the way I leave them. LOL

Pauly...glad everything is ok in your world. Yes, the site can be finicky at times, we've all been there. I hope you have a good Monday, we are celebrating Family Day in Alberta so it's a holiday for me.

Mick...wow, seems never ending for you. I'm glad Julie's dad is ok and that you were able to be there for him. There's probably a history about you not being able to do finishing touches. LOL Glad the rabbits are going good, I was a little worried there for a bit.

Det...I wouldn't mind taking last place in the cold front, I'm so done. I'm an early riser too, doesn't matter how little sleep I get. Park City is lovely, what a great place to visit. By the sounds of the news that stimulus cheque might be in the mail. Glad all is going good and fingers crossed for a better paying job.

Not up to much today other than staying warm. Shout out to Sam & Pi. Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all!

Had an update from Mick this afternoon. His FIL is now in the hospital which is probably a good thing. He can be watched closely & avoid dehydration & falls & that sort of thing. Getting old is not easy, that’s for sure.

OK here so far, just cold & cloudy ahead of tonight’s scheduled ice storm. We made a run up to the grocery store for a few necessities. Roads were fine this afternoon of course but I won’t step outside after an ice storm let alone making the 15 mile roundtrip to the store. I am absolutely, definitely CHICKEN. I want to keep my bones intact as long as possible.

Cyn, I quit dairy for my gut issues but was absolutely amazed how much better my skin & joints were too. Dairy is the #1 inflammation maker no doubt. I can make anything dairy free after all these years & most people have no clue, haha. Give DF a try for a while & see how you feel. I have made milk from almonds, cashews & even oats. Now all the stores have ready made & I really like oat milk for cooking & baking. I still make & freeze cashew cream in 1/2 cup amts. to use in place of cream in any recipe. You do what you have to do! Glad you got those boxes moved on.

Pauly, glad you’re doing OK. This is a weird time & I think helping the kids thru it helps us

Great pics Det! It kind of looks like our ‘hometown’ 7 miles up the road but without the mountain in the background, haha!
                Hope something better in the job dept. opens up for you.

PQ, the storm is on the way, we get no choice, haha! I think it will be fairly small tonight but I hear something big is coming on Thursday, oh boy. The Weather Channel people have predicted warmer than usual temps for April & May, may start the 2nd half of March so there is a light at the end of the tunnel I guess. Hope your day was good.

It was Presidents day here, schools closed & absolutely no one celebrating the last president, LOL
                Hello to Sam & Pie.
                Have a nice night all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav...thanks for the update on Mick's FIL. He's where he needs to be. Watching the news tonight I'm a little concerned about what's coming your way. I know it goes without saying but be smart and safe. I hope the weather network is right, we all need a break from this.

Comment

hiya all...they let him out early morning ..already spoken to his own doctor this morning .he has to get tests ,referrals etc.He seems fine this morning ,thank you for your thoughts folks

I've lost loads of weight just by wearing bread on my head. It's a loaf hat diet.

I have an empty school hall for sale.

Assembly required.

Harry and Megan once again demand privacy..this wil be confirmed when they're on the Oprah Winfrey show..average viewers 16.4 million

Looks like Meghan Markle or whatever she's now called is now going to have to search for other planets to tell that she doesn't want publicity now that she's told the 7.4 billion people of Earth.

News reporters everywhere hoping a Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch Covid-19 variant doesn't emerge.

Doctors in 2019 to anyone with a chronic medical condition they can't explain:

Malingerers.
                    Shiftless yuppies.
                    CBT will cure that depression.
                    Get more sleep.
                    Graded exercise will help (literally, walk it off).

Patients to those same doctors in 2022 when the doctors now complain of having 'long covid':

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KIds today don't even know who St Pancake is....

I was being interviewed by the Police after being stabbed several times, the officer said:

“Can you remember anything specific about the incident?”

I said, “yes, while it was happening, all I could hear was Space Oddity.”

The officer said, “ah, so we’re looking for an assailant using a Bowie knife.”

It's Shrove Tuesday but I won't go near the bakery section in the supermarket.

I don't want all the medium eggs reading my mind.

I'm not trying to show off or anything, but I've already got a date for New Year's Eve.

It's December 31st
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad your FIL is well enough to be home. Sounds like you've got a bit of running around to do now. Hope his health continues to improve. You and Julie take care of each other.

Lav...did the storm hit last night? Sounds like parts of the US is getting hammered. Not to rub it in but we're sitting at 23F today, I actually put the block heater cord away.

Been a busy morning, back to work (from home) and priorities have been set, that always helps. Waves to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Oddly nice day here, it went up to 50F for a few minutes then started it’s way right back down to freezing, so weird.
                        So last night’s ice storm turned out to be about a half hour of rain, nothing more. I see the midwest & even the southern east coast got hit with big storms & even a few tornados. We lucked out. The next event is supposed to be Thursday, 3-6” of snow, possibly ending as rain, we’ll see.

Mick, you guys will have your hands full looking after Pop & all his needs. I’ll be thinking of you, take care :hug:

PQ, glad to hear you got a bit of a weather break today as well. This winter is starting to feel a bit long, right?
                        Working from home rocks provided you can keep your attention on work. I have had a few issues with that over the years but hey, I’m just human, haha!!

Hello to Cyn,Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; February 16, 2021, 06:25 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello - I wrote this last night, but didn't post it!? Anyway, here it is now...

Mae all -

Mick, I wondered what was up, was afraid it was the peskies... but never thought of Julie's dad... that was scary - 3 hours to stabilize him? Goodness! Yes, glad that you could be there for him, and glad he was looking well-ER than you. But now should we worry about you?

Lav, hoping you are okay... are you knee-deep in making things for the craft show? I hope it is something good like that, and not anything untoward...

Pauly, darn this site for bumping you off! The nerve, I want to hear from you! Thx for the message, glad to know you are hanging in...

Det, glad that you enjoyed Park City. Yes, I think sometimes those ritzy places (or the people) are annoying, but I loved the image of the ski chairs coming down into the village. Good luck on the job front...

PPQ, hmmmm. I live alone, but things seems to get up in the night and wander around! The funny postscript is that I loaded up,the car, got all the boxes I. (All but 2 completely labeled and ready to be scanned)... and the inner door to the counter was locked. Hmmm I thought, too early? No. Still Sunday? No. The Who,e,staff out sick? Some sort of a joke? I was getting pretty perturbed when some part of my brain remembered that it is President's Day. Hmph. Well, at least I like this President. For a self-employed person, there always seem to be no end to other people's holidays... ��

Be well all, crazy weather here... last evening I stepped outside to deal with the bird feeders and went down on the front steps... jammed a rib into the step, and came down hard on my elbow... but seem to be okay today. I had salted the steps, but a fine mist was coming down and froze over all my prep. Today was a huge melt day, then going down to 15F tonight... I have an early morning drive for an oil change, driving on country roads , so will be extra-careful. Lesson learned! Now I scout it out before letting the dog out... with his mobility issues, no sense adding a fall to the list! Be well all...

Stay warm!

Comment

hiya all how are we then today? hope all is well .things are ok (fingers crossed )with Julies dad today..it has been a lovely day outside today .Went to get some wood today from a timber yard ..I didnt know that there was a timber shortage ..and yet when Ilook at it I can understand that .Alot of the lumber yards have been shut ..I also think that the brexit issue is starting to bite despite the fact covid is getting the rap for it ..They are keeping the wood for big contracts etc ..so next to the wood yard was a warehouse .and lo and behold ...wooden pallets ..so I scrounged a pallet 6ft x4ft ..put in the car ...and split it down ..wood ready for making a big door for hutch.

hiya teegee ...you take care ..as for things moving around ...we had and still get that every now and again ..I was the worlds biggest sceptic,but things happened that defy any logic or indeed peoples interference...Im fine ,though if I am honest the last couple of weeks have knocked the crap out of me...but again ..not once did the thought of booze come into the equation.....

well done Lav,on missing out on the storm! Thank you for your info too.hope all is well with you....

hiya ppqp..how are you then ?how are you getting on working from home?hope you are doing ok ....

take care everyone

Q: Why have elephants got big ears?
                            A: Cos' Noddy won't pay the ransom!

Forty gypsies arrive at the Pearly Gates in their Transit vans and caravans.

St Peter goes into the gatehouse and phones up God, saying:

'I've got 40 travellers here. Can I let them in?'

God replies 'We are over our quota on travellers. Go back out to the Pearly Gates and tell them to choose among them which are the 12 most worthy, and I will let just the dozen in.'

Less than a minute later St Peter is on the phone to God again. 'They've gone', he tells God.

'What?' says God, 'All 40 of them?'

'No, the bloody Gates...

All of these are legitimate companies that didn't spend quite enough time to consider how their online name might appear!

These are not made up. Feel free to check them out yourself!

1. 'Who Represents' is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity..
                            Their Web site is: WhoRepresents.com | Database of Talent Representatives

2. 'Experts Exchange' is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at:

3. Looking for a great pen? Look no further than ' Pen Island '. It can be found at: Pen Island Pens - Home

4. Need a therapist? Try 'Therapist Finder' at: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

5. Then there's the 'Italian Power Generator' company. Check it out at:
                            LaguQQ | Daftar LaguQQ | Agen LaguQQ | Bandar LaguQQ

6.'IP computer' software, there's always: www.ipanywhere.com

7. And the designers at 'Speed of Art' await you at their wacky Web site:

A man watching a football game on TV kept switching channels to a dirty movie featuring a lusty couple.

"I don't know whether to watch them or the game", he said to his wife.

"For heaven's sake, watch them," his wife said. "You already know how to play football"!

Late one night in the Capitol City a mugger wearing a ski mask jumped into the path of a well-dressed man and stuck a gun in his ribs.

"Give me your money," he demanded.

Indignant, the affluent man replied, "You can't do this - I'm a US Congressman!"

"In that case," replied the robber, "give me MY money!"

Top 25 Sayings We’d Like to See on Those Inspitational Office Posters

- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

- Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done.

- Doing the job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security.

- Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

- We put the "k" in "kwality."

- Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

- A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat.

- If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the situation.

- Plagiarism saves time.

- If at first you don't succeed, try management.

- Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether.

- Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.

- The beatings will continue until morale improves.

- We waste time, so you don't have to.

- Hang in there--retirement is only thirty years away!

- Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker.

- A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all.

- When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break.

- Indecision is the key to flexibility.

- Succeed in spite of management.

- Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment.

- We waste more time by 9:30 in the morning than other companies do all day.

- You pretend to work, and we'll pretend to pay you.

- Work: It isn't just for sleeping anymore.

In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before the invention of commercial fertilizers, so large shipments of manure were quite common.

The manure was shipped dried, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet. But once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it become heavier, but the process of fermentation began of which, of course, a by product is Methane Gas. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen. Methane began to build up below decks and as soon as someone went below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the instruction - 'Stow high in transit' on them, so that the sailors knew to stow it high enough above the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term -'S.H.I.T' -(Stow High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is still in use to this very day.

A Letter Home from Scout Camp...
                            Dear Mum & Dad,

Our Scoutmaster told us to write to our parents in case you saw the flood on TV and are worried. We are okay. Only one of our tents and 2 sleeping bags got washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up on the mountain looking for Adam when it happened.

Oh yes, please call Adam's mother and tell her he is okay. He can't write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search and rescue jeeps. It was neat. We never would have found Adam in the dark if it hadn't been for the lightning.

Scoutmaster Ted got mad at Adam for going on a hike alone without telling anyone. Adam said he did tell him, but it was during the fire so he probably didn't hear him. Did you know that if you put petrol on a fire, the petrol will blow up?

The wet wood didn't burn, but one of the tents did and also some of our clothes. Matthew is going to look weird until his hair grows back.

We will be home on Saturday if Scoutmaster Ted gets the bus fixed. It wasn't his fault about the crash. The brakes worked okay when we left. Scoutmaster Ted said that with a bus that old, you have to expect something to break down; that's probably why he can't get insurance.

We think it's a neat bus. He doesn't care if we get it dirty, and if it's hot, sometimes he lets us ride on the roof. It gets pretty hot with 45 people in a bus made for 24. He let us take turns riding in the trailer until the policeman stopped and talked to us.

Scoutmaster Ted is a neat guy.. Don't worry, he is a good driver. In fact, he is teaching Jessie how to drive on the mountain roads where there aren't any cops. All we ever see up there are logging trucks.

This morning all of the guys were diving off the rocks and swimming out to the rapids. Scoutmaster Ted wouldn't let me because I can't swim, and Adam was afraid he would sink because of his cast (it's concrete because we didn't have any plaster), so he let us take the canoe out. It was great. You can still see some of the trees under the water from the flood.

Scoutmaster Ted isn't crabby like some scoutmasters. He didn't even get mad about the life jackets. He has to spend a lot of time working on the bus so we are trying not to cause him any trouble.

Guess what? We have all passed our first aid merit badges. When Andrew dived into the lake and cut his arm, we got to see how a tourniquet works.

Steven and I threw up, but Scoutmaster Ted said it probably was just food poisoning from the left-over chicken. He said they got sick that way with food they ate in prison. I'm so glad he got out and became our scoutmaster. He said he sure figured out how to get things done better while he was doing his time.. By the way, what is a pedal-file?

I have to go now. We are going to town to post our letters & buy some more beer and ammo. Don't worry about anything. We are fine and tonight it's my turn to sleep in the Scoutmaster's tent.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...managed to keep my attention on work and finished the required documentation. Hadn't realized how much it had been on my mind until I emailed it. Really felt like a load off. LOL We got a bit of snow overnight but no more extreme cold. I actually unhooked the extension cord cause I'm not plugging the block heater in again.

TG...glad you didn't loose the post all together. LOL So you have little gremlins eh? My work place has those. LOL You made me laugh trying to mail off your parcels on Monday. "there always seem to be no end to other people's holidays"...Right! It's like kids in school these days, they have more time off than I ever did! That fall/slip is very scary, so glad you're ok. Hope your drive for the oil change was uneventful.

Mick..fingers crossed here too. I think it's hilarious you found your good ole pallets! That's more your style. Getting used to this working from home. Boss is thinking come March we might do a rotational in office stint. Told him until we open the building I'm good where I am. LOL

Shout out to Pauly, Sam, Pi and Det.

Off to scrounge some lunch. Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X