Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 26

Time for a new thread kids, happy Sunday

Hot as you can get here today, the sun seems extra strong or something.
    I have been feeding a stray cat who has 5 kittens following her around. They spend most of their time hiding underneath one of YB’s trailers he has parked in the meadow area, out of the way. For some reason the kittens brought themselves all the way across the yard & decided to explore underneath the deck. Well the dog found them & completely lost her sh*t, haha! They were scared but unharmed & made their way back to the trailer area where the dog cannot go because of the electric fence, geez. I can’t tell how old they are but they move pretty darn fast when they want to. Too much excitement for a hot day!

Mick, I hope your trip is fantastic with decent weather.

Cyn, you sound like me, forgetting to eat when you’re busy! Better hang some pot it note reminders to feed yourself once in a while.

PQ, hope the weekend has been al yours

Pauly, love to you!

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a good night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: June 26

Mae all,

Mick, thank you for the shot of Tewkesbury... beautiful shot... so lovely that it still has grounds and space around it... Here’s hoping that your getaway will be peaceful as well...

Lav, what a story about the kittens... my friends I was visiting in WI have a sweet cat that showed up in their doorstep a year ago, half-starved. Shortly after arriving she had a litter of 7 kittens! My friends kept one and gave the rest away, but have had one return, so there is are multi-generations there. I have never been a big fan of cats, but I did get to know and love these... except for them catching baby birds (grrrr). Ah well, nature. Your poor beagle, good thing she didn’t have a heart attack! Here’s hoping that you have cooler weather soon...

PPQ, hoping that all is well with you, and the Center is plugging along. Take care.

I am trying to wrangle the minimum needed for going out west to the music festival.. I have no official capacity this year, so things “should be” easier... we’ll see...

Wishing all a good Sunday night and a good start to the week.

Love to you Pauly, sending thoughts your way💙

Hi to all stopping by...

Comment

Mae everybody, just a pop in to let you knkw I'm still alive haha,my mind can't focus,I was completely unprepared for this! Who becomes a widow in their 40's? And what the fuck do I do now? They had asked me to go to work today but tbh I can't even think of holding scissors or clippers and making small talk right now, I feel crazy. Thank you for having me and the family in your thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate knowing I have such great friends,hope everyone has a good BF day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Firstly before anything. Lovely to hear from you Pauly.. I guess it was a real shock and the I think they have got a cheek asking you to go back to work .take your time and grieve .we are all thinking of you.
        Last night and today has been a real nightmare. On the way down yesterday, the van was losing power, and at one stage I thought I would have to stop..got to the campsite just..and then the crap starts. Phoned the breakdown at 1600 yesterday..yep we will get someone out..another 6 phone calls. Lots of promises no breakdown people.
        2320 last night...there will be someone there at 7am..no, nor 8 or 9 or 9 50 or 10.55. As promised. By this time I'm losing the plot. The choices being I try and find a garage myself..or limp the vehicle home. I thought it was either the fuel filter or the dpf..diesel particulate filter. Found a garage and arranged to try and drive the van over ,,as I did so Julie gets a message from the breakdown firm saying there was an engineer en route. He did the dpf and then followed me to the garage where they changed the diesel filter. It is running well now though tomorrow will be the test. We stayed another day here, it was too late to travel. So just been out for a meal ..I am full now..has a walk round Tewkesbury Abbey and the town. Really oldy world.head off for Cornwall in the morning20220627_163501.jpg

20220627_162016.jpg

20220627_155225.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

20220627_162300.jpg

20220627_155310.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Pauly, thank you for stopping in, I hope you know we all care very much about you :hug:
            Getting over such a shock will take time. Don’t let anyone rush you, please. How’s the rest of your family doing? We will be here if you need us, take care of yourself.

Cyn, I’ve never been a cat person either. I had to adjust to the one YB brought with him when he returned years ago. She’s just a grumpy old rescue, haha. I don’t mind having an outdoor cat or two because they help themselves to the filed mice & other things that would end up in the chicken house. They work for their feed
            I hope your time at the festival is easier than in the past so you can just enjoy it for a change.

Mick, sorry about the breakdown, geez. Sounds like you have things sorted out & can continue on your journey. The pics are beautiful, thanks for posting them.

PQ, hope your week is starting off on the right foot

Hello to Det & Sam.

Be well everyone,
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well, I posted yesterday but apparently the thread didn't like what I had to say. LOL Just wanted to let you know that the laser treatment went really well, I was in and out in 4 minutes.

TG...it's nice that you can go to the music festival and not have to work at it. I hope you have a great time.

Pauly...good to see you popping in. You just take all the time you want, I'm sure you're still in shock.

Mick...sorry your trip started on the wrong foot. Sounds like you've got things sorted though. I hope you have great weather. Thanks for the pics I just love seeing where you go.

Lav...I think that cat had your number. I wonder if someone just dropped them off. I'm feeling a bit down today so it'll be an early night and I'll loose myself in my book.

Hope you all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry about the breakdown shesh sounds like a pain! Lav,I'm more of a dog person too,Kells neighborhood has so many stray cats it makes me sick,they've tried calling animal control but they just take them in,fix them then release them back out cuz they're too wild to adopt out,her whole street stinks like cats tho,kids are taking this hard Lou and Romeo are ok,Brady and Michelle are ok but me,Lb and kell are taking it the hardest for some reason, I wish I could be oblivious, Cyn beautiful pic if Joel on fb,we both lost wonderful people waves to the gang and wishes for a good BF day.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all. Well we left Tewkesbury this morning and drove into the rain ��..some really narrow roads,but we are now here at Tintagel in Cornwall. We are actually overlooking the sea and ther is a Hooley blowing. It's great watching the sea on the rocks. Van did well..thank goodness .hopefully finished its silly moods.
                  Hiya pauly..Big hugs to you .yes you lost someone wonderful, but keep him close in your heart and memories as I'm sure you do.

Hiya ppqp glad the laser treatment was OK .hope you are feeling better too. What's the book you are into?

Hiya teegee hope you are good. Yes Tewkesbury was fantastic. Some real oldy world buildings..Black and white houses..there is a complete section being refurbished in its contemporary style. I have just set the television up in the van..and what's on?Wimbledon tennis..Julie loves It. This is the first year she has been able to watch it.. she was usually at work..not for me..I'm going for a little walk despite the rain.

Hiya lav. How are you doing?how is the zoo doing?rabbits n cats?I am not really acat person though many years ago,on nights there was a real bruiser of a cat used to greet me. I called him Harry. Torn ear and bits missing definitely not a show cat.have a good day.

This is the view from the front seat in the van

20220628_164214.jpg

20220628_164255.jpg

20220628_164449.jpg

Comment

Good evening friends,

Real nice day here & tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I made a date with my grandsons for tomorrow. We’re going to pick them up in the morning & drive down to Elk Neck State park in MD where the Chesapeake Bay & Elk River meet up. Then we’re treating them to their favorite seafood lunch, fresh from the bay. They’ve been sitting home in the house doing nothing since school ended so I figured it’s time to light a fire under their butts & make them do a little hiking in the fresh air & sun, haha!

PQ, great to hear your procedure was so quick & easy. No down time with that sort of thing either, awesome.
                    I think everyone has my number when it comes to food - dogs, chickens, cats, birds, grandkids haha!!

Pauly, everyone has their own reaction to death, especially a sudden passing. They will all heal in their own time, you will too :hug:
                    Not too far from her is Lincoln University (the first black college in the US). The students have been known to set dogs & cats loose at the end of the spring semester, instead of taking them home which doesn’t help the stray population around here.

Mick, wow you do have the bird’s eye view of the ocean there! Hope the rain takes it easy on you.
                    We camped in a popup camper on a beach in MD/VA area one year & I thought a storm was going to lift us up & drop us in the ocean, haha. Have fun

Cyn, hope you are well.

Hello to Det & Sam.

Take it easy everyone,
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Quick drop by tonight, getting packed and all things sorted to be gone a month or more...

Pauly, I wish I had some help for you, but the truth is, we just have to go through all the feelings and all the crazy life details after a loved one passes... there’s no shortcut, and none of it makes any sense. We’re all here in solidarity with you, and I hope you’ll feel good about dropping in here for support. The care people send to you hopefully will lighten your journey. Big hugs -

Mick, what gorgeous scenery you’ve been enjoying... so glad that the van got fixed! I hope the weather clears and you can do some hiking on the coastal path. Enjoy -

PPQ, great to hear that the laser went fast and well - I hope that things stay stable now. Take care during this busy season...

Lav, glad to hear you are giving the boys some fresh air... in summers when I was a kid, I think I spent 16 hours a day outside... that was a great experience. Wishing you beautiful summer days.

Greetings to anyone stopping by...

Comment

Hiya all how are we today. Hopefully well .the rain finally went ,it was supposed to rain today but it didn't. We were up at 6,breakfasted and showered by 7.30 and walked the coastal path to Tintagel. Its only just under 3 miles each way, but it is completely up and down..no flat at all. Ended up crossing the bridge over to Tintagel Castle, the legendary home of King Arthur. A really good day.tomorrow we head down towards Penzance. I am in Cornwall and haven't had a pasty yet.
                        Hiya pauly ,hope you are coping OK, I guess it is just taking it day by day and the question why him.Grief is a very personal thing,we all react differently to it..but we are here for you

Hiya teegee..packed for a month..have you put any relaxation time in that case..whatever you do stay safe and look after yourself. And yes did part of the south west coastal route this morning.

Hiya lav .how did it go with the grandsons then?did you get them hiking?that pop up camper you are talking about is probably worth a fortune nowadays in the world of retro .must be honest it was blowing a bit here last night .Still watching house of cards. Considering it was made a good few years ago,it is pretty true to life with perceived recent politics.

Hiya ppqp how are things with you then?are the eyes still OK?you take care

Right good people..take care

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I think everyone is going to deal with the loss in their own way. All you can do is be there. I hear you about wanting to be oblivious. :hug:

Mick...you and your rain. Glad you arrived in Tintagel safe and sound. I always loved watching the ocean when the wind was blowing hard. Glad the van has finished with it's silly moods. Great pics, that looks like some walk you guys had. Eyes are doing good. I'm reading a booked titled The Uncanny, all about Ghosts over in England. How I ended up with that one I'll never know. LOL

Lav...hope your day ended being nice as was predicted. I see your green light on so might post before I finish this.

TG...getting packed for a month must be daunting. You take care on your travels and have a relaxing time.

Still feeling a bit down but I think I'm starting to figure out why. I'll post more tomorrow. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

I’m here, survived the hike, haha. It was sunny & 80 degrees so it was pretty much perfect. The younger grandson hadn’t hauled himself out of bed by 10:30 this morning & no amount of calling him (on his phone) & his brother pestering him worked so we went without him, geez. We drove down, did the hike & stopped for fish & chips on the way back, dropped off the older grandson & 15. Minutes later just as we were walking in the house the younger one texted me asking if we could go now, I told him NOPE, haha, the trip is done. We have plans to go to Longwood tomorrow to see a new exhibit & have dinner out for our anniversary so we told him he could go with us so he was happy. Why do these kids sleep so late you ask? It’s because they’re up all night playing games on their phones, ugh. Glad no one had cell phones when my kids were young.

Cyn, I hope your month away is good & not too stressful. Have a safe trip & let us know when you get there

Mick, loved your pics. Looks like such a neat place to explore.
                            we gave up on the popup camper after a trip where there were so many mosquitos the inside of the camper looked like there had been a shooting. Every time we swatted one it left a blood stain on something - way too gross for me. Keep enjoying yourselves.

PQ, I log on to this website but never sit & finish because I’m answering text messages from a customer & messages from my daughter all at the same time haha. Talk about multi-tasking!
                            Hope you’re feeling OK!

Pauly, thinking of you:hug:

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all hope we are all good. Just arrived at Penzance. Bit tricky getting into the campsite but we made it .weather lovely and warm...and yes Lav...hat duly perched on my head.walked into Penzance.,we are off to St Michael's Mount tomorrow. It should be good .glad you enjoyed the hike lav.
                              Ppqp ghosts �� of England???interesting...

Pauly...hope you are doing a little bit better x

Right folks time to go...have fun c

Comment

Working...
                              X