6 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Nov

hiya all...well the best laid plans ......never went detecting ,but was going to go out today...that is until Jeeves fell poorly yesterday afternoon .I honestly thought he was a goner ,but he is slowly recovering .why or how I dont know but he couldnt digest food ..therefore couldnt pass the waste...his stomach was getting tighter and tighter ..I havent been to bed and am shattered ..he is progressing slowly...this is his obs sheet since yesterday......

20221106_144434.jpg

glad things went well yesterday Lav .

big hello to everyone else ..nanny nap calling
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 6 Nov

Greetings friends,

Much easier day today haha. Younger grandson is here - eating!!!! Haha!
    Still warm here, 70’s & partly sunny but I know we will soon be in for a big change.

Mick, so sorry to hear Jeeves is poorly today. My goodness, you have done so much for him,. At some point our efforts make little to no difference no matter how hard we try. Hoping for the best for him & for you as well. Get some rest so yo don’t end up sick too :hug:

Hello to Cyn & Slo.
    Cyn, glad to hear you enjoyed. The family wedding with your family. I’m just realizing we have none to look forward to in our family, all the nieces & nephews are married now. Oldest grandson will be 14 on the 27th but I think it will be a long wait for him haha.

Slo, hope your stay at your daughter ‘s is nice. Glad you got out of the windy weather. Hope you’re feeling strong & getting around OK.

PQ, hope your weekend has been good!

We didn’t win the lotter y last night so the grand prize for Tomorrow’s drawing could be > 2 BILLION dollars - Wow!!!!

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - I had a nice Sober Brunch with friends... it is great to have that particular thing in common...

The rest of today I have been “drilling down” little by little in this apartment (that I moved into but have not really organized for my life...). Slow as she goes, little by little.

Happy full moon to all! I forgot to look out as it was rising; but I just now caught a glimpse, and it seems to be extra light-filled, shining like polished alabaster...

Mick, good luck with Jeeves, it’s hard when their little bodies are having difficulties - I hope you got some extra rest.

PPQ, here’s hoping that your weekend has been good!

Lav, I’m glad if you had a little downtime today (outside of cooking for grandson! - he seems to like your house best!&#128521

SLO, good luck at your daughter’s house.., I hope your time there is safe and healthy!

Cheers to all -
      TG

Comment

hello everyone ,how are we today then?hope everyone is doing good .pretty blowy over here today ,and just started to rain.Glad to say that Jeeves seems to have turned the corner and is back to his former self ..Well chuffed.he has found a new stunt .once Ive given him his meds, he turns on my shoulder ,and faces down my chest ,waiting to get his back and tummy rubbed .

hiya teegee how are you doing?hope all is well.yes the word sober is great ...its a way of life, a non dependancy,not a proxy life controller .glad you enjoyed the lunch.yes ,do it a little at a time.take care and have a nice day.

hiya Lav ,how are you? how did you get on at the craft fair?did you get many orders afterwards?no we didnt win the lottery either.Yep it is hard at times with animals ,but these 2 ..in fact all my rabbits have been rescues,.they have no say in their little lives and since day 1 I vowed I would give them the best I could .that stands .hows your zoo doing?ok I hope.no sun here today!

hiya ppqp ,,you ok ? did you have a good weekend? no calls from work?

Did you know, the urge to sing 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' is only a whim away?

I'm almost certain someone is tampering with my anti-paranoia medication.

I hated working at the hairdressers... there's just too many permutations...

Ponderism for today:
        Whoever invented the knock knock joke should get a no bell prize.

Latest News:
        They just found a sword swallower dead... the police suspect it's an inside job.

WHAT DO WE WANT!!??
        Race car noises!
        WHEN DO WE WANT IT??!!
        NNNNYYYOOOOOOOOOWWWW!

What do you call a Hispanic victim of grand theft auto?
        Carlos

Ponderism for today:
        If I can't choose between an angry psychic and a sad psychic, I'll have to find a happy medium.

Police Report:
        a lorry carrying a consignment of vicks crashed on the M1 junction 19 today. Police say there will be no congestion for 8 hours.

Overheard in the local pub
        I know a man who taught his dog to play the trumpet on the London Underground...
        He went from Barking to Tooting in an hour.

Cheapest.
        How a Mexican describes that his wife wet herself.

I keep thinking of taking a course on procrastination but I never seem to get round to i

And welcome to the annual plastic surgeons convention.... Nice to see a lot of new faces this year.

I looked out my window and saw a guy in a black robe who was trying to clear the frost off his car with a scythe. So I thought I'd go and help.
        "Stop," said my wife, grabbing my arm. "You're de-icing with death."

What really naff's me off, is when I see/hear people using big words and they can't even spell or pronounce them properly.
        Pretentshush git's.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I forgot my iPad at daughter’s house, so now have to type on my phone. So short posts from me this week!

What a relief that Jeeves turned the corner, Mick. How cute that he knows he gets a back & tummy rub too!

It was a gorgeous, sunny day out today. I love soaking in the sun on my balcony.

How great that your grandson can help you out now, Lav! It’s fun for him to take care of the kitty too.

Bittersweet at the family wedding, without your husband there with you, TG.
          My husband didn’t even dance with me once at any of our three daughter’s weddings, and that was a real turning point for me in wanting a divorce.
          Isn’t that a weird time warp to go back and see people from your childhood, and they’re mostly all still there?!

I like the “knock knock” pondering, Mick! Thanks for the smiles.

I crashed yesterday for a nap too. Geez! Today I’m managing to stay awake so I can go to bed early, so I can get up early to go babysit little grandson tomorrow.

That’s enough tiny typing for now!
          Last edited by Slo; November 7, 2022, 05:14 PM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Today was the last of the 70’s for a while. We really did have an extended warm season.
            The kids are all off school tomorrow & I think my granddaughter may be coming out for a visit, that would be nice.
            YB picked up his brand new Chevy 2500 pickup truck today. Glad he’s using his Amish money for that expensive thing. It’s bigger than any truck he’s ever had & a person my size needs a Hoyer lift just to get inside, Lol. I never drove the last truck he had cause it was big, there’s no chance I’ll ever drive this thing.
            I see there’s a new hurricane pointed at FL & the east coast, oh boy.

Cyn, making your new place your own takes time. As long as you’re comfy & can find most things you’re OK haha!
            Yep, I didn’t do a whole lot today & that’s fine with me. I voted by mail several weeks ago so all I have to do tomorrow on Election day is wait for the results to come in

Mick, glad to hear Jeeves is OK. Poor guy has been thru a lot, so have you.
            My zoo residents all seem to be fine although the outside cat Luna will have to try to stay warm with our weather changing. She doesn’t want to come inside, I’ve tried to invite her inside.
            I would have to find the ‘happy medium’ too haha!!

PQ, what’s the word? Hope all is well.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Baby it's cold out there!!! Winter arrived again on Saturday, 1F and snowfall warning, Sunday wasn't much better. Today woke up to -6F, a foot of snow and another snowfall warning. It snowed all day, temp stayed around -2F and a wicked north wind making it feel like -17F. Snowfall warning still in effect!

TG...it was a good weekend, I did nothing except watched taped shows. Had to go out once but thankfully not far. With the ice, snow and winds there have been so many spin outs/accidents. I'm just thankful my heating bill is paid. I don't think you've been home long enough to make your apartment yours. LOL It'll all get done and you'll feel at home in no time.

Slo...oh the thought of soaking in the sun on a balcony! Did you manage to stay awake this afternoon? Have fun with your grandson tomorrow.

Mick...I'm so glad Jeeves turned the corner. Man you two have been through a lot. It's so cute that he now wants a back and tummy rub after his medication. Who is wrapped around who's little finger. LOL So impressed with your 14th century statue find, well done. Nice that you are all sharing the prize money with the farmer. No calls from work over the weekend. Have to say that since the boss hired part time evening and weekend staff when I get home from work at night, I don't think about work. Whatever happens the boss will get the call and have to deal with it.

Lav...congrats on a successful craft fair. I don't remember if I told you that Alberta Health Services is causing me grief over the concession I was planning on running at my craft sale on the 18th & 19th? Post covid there are all these new regulations and the Church that was going to do the concession in support of Ronald McDonald House (a place where families can stay when their child is in hospital) isn't going to qualify. They have already spent money on some of the food they were going to offer. I have been thinking about it all weekend and am just sick about it. How come the kids are off school tomorrow? At least you'll get a granddaughter visit in. She probably doesn't eat as much. Wow, a new truck for YB. I guess the Amish taxi service will continue. Glad all the zoo residents are doing good, I'm assuming that includes Stella.

It was a busy day today. Staff meeting at 10am then organizing for a retirement tea for our preschool teacher, had 30 minutes to set the whole thing up as there was a program running in the room till 12pm and the tea started at 12:30pm. Didn't get lunch but got lots of desserts. LOL I just ignored everything else that was going on until the tea was over at 2:30pm. Nice way to spend the afternoon.

Shout out to Det, Sam & Pauly. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Good to hear how all are doing. I am sitting here, looking out the window and contemplating the full moon... just gorgeous. It seemed to rise up extra-slowly tonight, very regal, taking its time.
                Mick, whew, thanks for the news of a better Jeeves, I love the “tummy-rub” positioning.
                Thanks for your fabulous poems, you are so talented. And the jokes are fabulous, thx!
                Lav, Boys and their Toys, right? Well, hopefully you’ll receive a beautiful step-stool for Thanksgiving! I guess Luna is determined to be an outdoor cat - at least she’s fixed... Good job!!
                PPQ, my gosh you’re weather! Yikes!! Waaay to early for that cold, so sorry! Good job enjoying yourself at the event.
                SLO, you sound content, I hope you got that nap in... take care!
                Wishing all well,
                TG

Comment

hello everyone how are we today then? hope all is well.Radiator was leaking job done ..fixed.very dark over here I suspect the rain isnt that far away...he says in surprise.

hiya teegee. thanks for the compliment on my wordsmithing .like you sometimes I look at the moon and just get lost in a whole world millions of miles away .A friend of mine ,when we were in the army together ,he went on to do other things ,and his immediate boss was Tim Peake the astronaut.yep Jeeves has certainly got me sussed.

hiya ppqp...hows you then?have you had more snow ?Good for you too...home from work ..work finishes ..end of .yep the rabbits rule this house.take care and have a good day

hiya Slo, how are you doing today?are you babysitting your grandson?hey as for the napping ...we all crash out ...somewhere along the line of age the body says no more ...gone are the days of lasting forever on no zeds.I hope you have a good day in the sun...any spare?

hiya Lav hows you then?hope all is good ..yes Jeeves has been thru a lot ,hopefully we have found the answers to him...aaargh I have just lost the complete post.and it has only saved up to here!!it obviously never backed it all up .hope yb enjoys the new truck.

hiya everyone else..Idid put some jokes up but they have gone west

Comment

Good evening friends,

Getting colder here now just as they said it would.
                    The zoo residents are all fine, wherever they happen to be haha. My daughter had a change in plans so there was no visit from them today. We will catch up soon enough I’m sure.
                    The day off for the kids had something to do with today being election day & a lot of schools are voting places in our communities.
                    We won’t know results for a day or two or three depending on how fast they count the growing number of mail-in ballots. I’m not the only one who doesn’t appreciate being assaulted by politicians at the polls Lol. There’s so much BS leading up to these midterm elections, it’s just crazy.

PQ, wow winter has arrived for you, sorry!
                    I saw pics on FB of the snow in BC today as well. We are being threatened with another tropical storm/hurricane arriving this Friday & Saturday.
                    That’s a shame about the concessions for the craft fair. Ronald McDonald house is big down here too. I guess the Amish Uber biz is going to continue although he told me a mere month ago he was going to cut down. I don’t get the way their brains work haha!

Cyn, Luna has everything she needs to survive outside but I still hope she would come inside if it gets real bad. She’s not spayed yet - appointment is on the 29th & we think we trapped the male cat responsible for all these kittens & moved him a few miles away. I’ve realized climbing into that truck is one thing but you really basically have to ‘fall’ out & your feet smack hard on the ground - not good for someone with bones like mine . I will try to avoid rides in that oversized thing.

Mick, it was your turn to lose a post I guess, sorry.
                    YB said the new truck pulled the trailer with ease this morning so he’s happy Lol. Hope yuo didn’t get too much rain today.

Hello Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Frigid out there but bright and sunny with little wind. Although it was colder than yesterday it was a much nicer day. Only problem now is all the roads are just covered in ice. When I turned the corner driving to work this morning, the sun was directly in front of me and the road was just a continuous sheet of ice. I am lucky that it's straight and direct to work. Anybody trying to get up even the slightest of inclines was having a hard time.

TG...you sound very at peace watching the moon. Good job on taking me time.

Mick...it seems like if it's not one thing it's another for you. Good thing you're so handy. No snow today, thankfully. It was a very crazy day today. Instructors wanting to extend their program dates, last minute event rental requests and trying to juggle the calendar to accommodate everyone. Then the preschool teacher we had the retirement tea for yesterday didn't show up for work today. There is no set retirement date yet but she is very confused. We couldn't get ahold of her all day and we're hoping she made it home last night. She lives out west of us. Hopefully she thinks she has officially retired, that would take a lot of stress of the Childcare Director.

Lav...too bad about meeting up with your daughter but you're right, it will happen soon enough. Glad the zoo gang is good. I wondered if the election had something to do with the free school day. What a smasual all that is. I'm glad we don't have the same kind of Government levels (?) that you do. The highlight of my day happened when I spoke to the Health Inspector, who turned out to be a lovely lady. With a few tweaks we are able to go ahead with the concession at the Craft Sale. And she told me I don't have to submit any paperwork, she will send me and the church an email approving the event. :yay: I gave up trying to figure out "their" brains years ago. LOL

Waves to Pauly, Det, Slo and Sam. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

That sounds like a nice truck that YB got! One of my son-in-laws has a 350 sized truck. Is there no running board to step out onto? Regardless, I do find those trucks dangerous to get out of.

The Powerball has a winner now. Wish it was you, Lav!

That’s good news that the male cat has been relocated.

How frustrating about the church that can’t run a concession stand to support Ronald McDonald houses, PQ. That’s a good charity.
                        You were busy, getting set up so quickly for the retirement tea.
                        Nice that you no longer feel the pressure of being “on call” in the evenings & weekends. This boss is actually handling things.

I spent the whole day with baby Huxley, and had lots of baby kisses & snuggles!

I guess naps are part of getting older. I miss youthful energy! I’m just glad the full moon is over after tonight. I get extra tired as it approaches.

TG, I moved too; but I cheated and hired help to get my new place in order. Otherwise I would’ve been so overwhelmed with it all! It was pricey though.

That’s all I got, and enough phone typing!

Comment

hiya all...how are we this morning then? hope all is well.Pretty coldover here today too.both rabbits out playing at the moment he has made an exceptional recovery ...touch wood.Yoga tonight ..

hiya Lav how are you doing? hope all is well.why didnt yb go all out and buy a Sherman or an Abrams? no parking or road rage issues with them.hows Luna doing ? just looking at the latest election results ...looks like at the moment trump aint off to see any wizard called Oz!!!hope you have a good day.

ppqp..hows you then? thats the sort of job ...get it all boxed off with no paperwork..hows your roads today? are they still pretty sheet?..ice hope you have a good day.

hiya Slo hows you today then? all good ? is the full moon over nooooowhooo?I know what you mean by the energy ...pity my brain doesnt think the same way ...hope you have a good day.

hiya teegee how are you ? where are you now on the travel log.

President Lincoln was approached by a woman after a political speech… If you were my husband I would poison your tea. Lincoln replied...if you are my wife I’ll gladly drink it.

.My grandfather has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban at the zoo.

Have you heard the joke about yoga. Nevermind its a bit of a stretch.

Why should you never play poker at the zoo? Too many cheetahs

Never confide in a vacuum cleaner. They’re always collecting dirt

A roman walks into a cafe holds up 2 fingers and gets 5 coffees.

Q: What time is it when the clock strikes 13? A: Time to get a new clock.

What do you call a guy who’s really loud? Mike.

Comment

Do you & Julie go to yoga together, Mick?

Cold & damp & cloudy here…typical November weather.

I like the Lincoln retort! It’s probably true too!

It was a regal-looking moon, TG; I’ll give you that.

PQ, yes: hopefully the confused one thinks her retirement tea spelled the beginning of her retirement!

My broken knee is healing, as I’m able to use the quad cane more now instead of the walker.

I hope Pauly & Sam are well too.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Another bitterly cold day but it's supposed to change tomorrow, here's hoping. We are moving our website to a new hosting company and the transfer is happening today. I feel totally lost not being able to access the website. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Slo...the confused one continues to be confused. Her husband brought her in today as he had to be in the city and she was told it's ok to come in and volunteer but you are not working anymore. Hopefully they'll get things sorted soon and she'll stay home. They have to have someone watching her when she's with the kids.

Mick...touching wood! Roads are still pretty slick and by Friday they'll be all slush. Looking forward to having Friday off. Remember to stay off your head at yoga.

Will check back later for Lav and TG posts.

Waves to Det, Sam & Pauly.

Going to make hamburgers for dinner tonight so must get started. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X