Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck

I'm also in the academic world and generally rely on data and logic to make choices. No wonder an addiction was so baffling! There is no logic at all to what we do. We make completely irrational decisions. I also avoided learning about the science of addiction because I just didn't want to know. This area of my life was so at odds with everything else.

So, I've spent more than a year learning everything I can about it and the more I know, the more I'm glad to have escaped!

Can you plan to just hunker down and Not Drink for those days you are on your own next week. I felt really awful for a couple weeks (and not great for a few months). It wasn't withdrawals -- it was just a shock to my body to no longer get the daily dose of poison. So, if you don't have to do anything (other than not drink), you can just spoil yourself, sleep when you can, eat whenever you want, watch TV, read, whatever makes you feel good. Hang out on MWO a lot!

I'm not generally a fan of tapering but given that your intake is pretty high, reducing it each day until your day 1 probably would be a good idea and would give you a clue as to whether you might require some medical attention when you quit entirely.

Take care, NS

Comment

Working...
    X