9 month check in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 month check in...

Deep deep bow with prayer hands!! You are an incredible person Flip. So glad to know you. Namaste'

Attached files [img]/converted_files/320000=1732-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

9 month check in...

Flip - wow.... Words fail me (?!) but I'm sending an-upside-down-to-you-down-there-in-Oz HUG!! to you big time...

Less Desperate (good!!!), yes it gets less as the memories fade. I still worry who's been told what, when, etc but rememind myself that if any folk are out there not actively being my friend but are talking about me slurring my words (etc) a year ago (or less!) and behind my back - I do not want them in my life and why don't they go and get one anyway!!!

Love to you Flip...
      Finding xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

9 month check in...

You are an amazing woman, Flip. Don't grow up too much, though!
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

9 month check in...

MORE than inspiring!! So glad that you are here to share your transformation and to give hope to others! THANK YOU, Flip!

I have found a truly amazing amount of grit and determination 'round here!

" drinking cannot change a thing, so why bother?" -Starlight Impress

That just may be my forever mantra!!

Will I give in sometime in the future? perhaps

Got a disturbing phone call last night with news I did not want to hear. My first thought was to zip to the store for a little vino. (You know, just a leeeetle that would most likely turn into alot!) I thought of you all here and your personal stories and said to myself "nawwww ... I can do this too!!"

Not hi-jacking this thread! Just expressing kudos and the importance of sharing our ups, downs, and celebrations!

Best to all!

(beginning day 5 AF)
          Drinking does not change anything, so why bother? -Starlight Impress

Comment

9 month check in...

Thank you for posting that Flip. We are all learning from you and you are a true inspiration for many of us here.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

9 month check in...

Flip - thanks again. Just re-read your post. Amazing and backed by ****light's words (a great mantra yes Melissa! Me too!) has knocked the nail in another inch.

Hugs
              Finding x
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

9 month check in...

Flip, I can only say "wow". You are such a strong woman and you have overcome so many life changing hurdles this past year. Being sober 9 months of it is indeed admiring. Although I don't think admiration is really a word I would use in this case. Your finding strength within is a real gift you can give yourself. :l

Comment

9 month check in...

you are ace!
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

9 month check in...

See Max, I'm not all froth and bubbles (and farts!), in fact I'm 10 1/2 months sober now, and really looking forward to my 1 year celebration in 6 weeks time.
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

9 month check in...

That fantastic flip, and I will be celebrating my 7 weeks in 6 weeks!
                      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

9 month check in...

That is a greater achievement than mine, at this point in time.

It really does get easier as time goes by. So my next 6 weeks will fly by, but yours may well be a struggle - one that I expect you to win!

Comment

9 month check in...

Flip......you are an inspiration whether you're being funny or serious...thank you....what would this place be like without you? :l

(well, it wouldn't have scary butts for a start.....or big pants...or.....)

Please don't ever leave! LOL

Suze x
                          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

9 month check in...

Ok Suze, I'll spend the rest of my days logged in to MWO - the children will find me slumped over the 'puter with my claw like hand wrapped around the worn out mouse and my forehead tapping out messages like sos, but it will just be the rigamortis setting in. Then they will find out that my "depends" haven't been changed for days and I've left them nothing in the will.....

Comment

9 month check in...

Nothing in the will?

But Flip...you will have left them something much more precious than gazillions of dollars, five houses, two yachts and a villa in Switzerland....they will have wonderful memories.......

.....of your massive butt being adored by the assembled masses of MWOers and your gargantuan pants being worshipped by trembling folk who thought they were sober until they saw them.......

This is my new mantra. Flip...don't ever leave us.....ever..... *bursts into tears*

Suze x
                              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

9 month check in...

Well done Flip my dear...
                                10.5 months :yougo:
                                The six weeks will fly, I feel like a gave up a couple of months ago it seems to have gone so fast.
                                Are you and Tawn catching up on the Great Vic Bike Ride or another one?
                                Great going darlin'
                                Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Working...
                                X