Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday October 1st

Hello Modsters!

Sounds like we are all in a mob or something when I greet you all like that. Happy October 1st. I love this time of year. Up in NY the leaves start changing and it's just incredible. I wish it could stay like this all year round. We have the nice warm temps in the day and cool temps at night..perfect.

Today I begin my journey of being AF for the month as well as a couple other things like exercising in some fashion and eating better. I am just going to take each day as it comes and see how it goes.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!! Take care.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Monday October 1st

Beaches .... Isn't it funny ... I'm at the opposite end. We're in spring and I wish it could stay like this all year around. At present, all my grass is green and I MUST mow for at least 2 hrs per day in order to keep up with the new growth. Buds are forming on most trees, some are in blossom, fresh juvenile leaves are sprouting on others. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, jonquils and Dutch irises are stunning. Liliums are tall and full of promise, roses are forming buds. Strawberries are setting fruit. There is a chorus of frogs and an abundance of birds heralding each new dawn.

Life is deliciously calm.

I'm still modsing nicely but have decided to give up coffee for October. I've also decided to stop watching mindless TV. I need and want to read more.

Take care, all of you.

Comment

Monday October 1st

Yes, beautiful peaceful time of year. I love it. I am with you Beaches -- one day at a time....

Comment

Monday October 1st

Good morning all!

Beaches that sounds so very pretty. We are going for the cottonwoods turning gold. Not a ton of maples so not that burnt orange, fire red look you get back East.

Tawny, beautiful. I am there! I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

It does sound like a super time of year throughout the world. We should have some incredibly positive energy for all the great weather world wide! I hear a lot of optimism on the boards!

Chrysa, great to see you too!

One day at a time will do it - have a great day all.

Lots of love,
        Mary

Comment

Monday October 1st

Hello all, We're just heading into winter, and strangely enough I love it!!!

I love curling up in front of the fire on a cold winters night .....

Better get back to work now,

Love & Hugs to everyone ......
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Monday October 1st

Morning all!

Good luck to everyone on their October goals. One day at a time is the only way for me to do it as well. I had a productive weekend so am starting the week off on a good foot.

Have a great day!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday October 1st

Everone's weather sounds so fantastic! Here it has not stopped raining for days on end and we have flood warnings for this afternoon. I was AF yesterday and will be AF again today. I am offically on the 11 day countdown for my cruise!

Have a great day everyone!
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday October 1st

Hello all
                Its turning really beautiful here too - the leaves are changing and I love the fresh crisp smell in the air.
                Beaches - hey sweety! Glad to see you doing well = you can do the 30 days! One day at a time and we are here for you. Today is my 30th day AF - I never thought I could do it, but we can and we will! Onward and upward right? (hug!)
                Lushy - good to see you off to a good week - I love you as always!
                PP - yay - a cruise!!! Have an awesome time - and good work on the AF days, my dear!
                Mary - you beautiful person, you - always great to see you.
                Betty - I can relate to the joy of winter -the cozy nights by the fire...it will be that time here too, soon enough
                Tawny - - hope the sun is shining brightly for you! I hope you enjoy! (I love summer)
                Chrysa - thats right, my dear - one day at a time. Each day is all we have, right?

Anyways I love you all. Really trying to get motivated here at work but I am feeling lazy...I have a lot to do so I should push forward on it.
                Hugs
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday October 1st

Jen, I am SO proud of you. Congrats on the 30 days!!!! :l
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday October 1st

Jen - WELL DONE!!!! That's fab!

Well, I'm on the first flight to a lovely fall or spring in Oz!! Lucky you if you like winter Betty!! (Genuinely!) Here it is just grey/gray/ger-ray!!! What happened to our Autumn - lovely colours etc?! Maybe later... Oooh, but the mention of all those bulbs coming into flower Tawny.... Spring is definietly my favourite time of year...

Enjoy whatever and love to all.
                    FMF xx
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Monday October 1st

Jen CONGRATS ON 30 Days that is wonderful!! I am so excited for you!!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Monday October 1st

Jen that is so totally awesome!! We are all very proud of you!!

Beaches, I know you can do this and it is going to be easier than you imagine looking at it from October 1. I think by the end of October, alcohol will not be on your radar very much any more. We are all so proud of you too!

PP, the cruise sounds just wonderful! Great goal too! Keeps everyone smiling . . . all day!! The rewards are endless!

Comment

Monday October 1st

Thanks Mary! I am very motivated right now. I am prepared for the beginning to be a bit of a struggle and then it becoming easier with time. Knowing that, I have stocked up on the supplements (every single one I could get my hands on here) and I bought the Hypno CD's for moms. Before Oct 1 began I listened to Louise Hays You can Heal your Life and now I am listening to it again.
                          I just have to remember to take very deep breaths when the triggers come rushing at me and my anxiety level hits the roof (which happens at least a couple times a day) just to get back to a state of calm. Then I will be fine. I need to grab for another drink other than wine.

Comment

Monday October 1st

Way to go Jennah for your 30 days! You must be feeling fantastic!!

Beaches - you can do this! We will be here for you!!!

Comment

Monday October 1st

Right Arm Jenna!:goodjob: 30 days! I haven't done that in years,...and 21 of those were in in-patient treatment...(does that even count? )

The leaves are changing here as well, looking pretty. I still have a few roses blooming too!:h Gotta love that.

We had our first really winter like windy, rainy day yesterday, so last night @ work was actually slow. We only have 2 girls on tonight... so we'll probably get slammed. (Mondays get busy as we're one of the few places open in the 2 horse town...)

I do love the Fall, but I also kind of dread it, because I know the rains will be coming for the next 6 months, with lots of wind...and definately no kayaking around here! The rivers swell and turn into raging torrents, filled with huge logs & debris. Hopefully we'll still get another month or 2 of sun...
                              It is exciting to bundle up & go hike along the beach trails though, during some of the winter storms.

Happy Fall to those in this Northern Hemisphere & Happy Spring to all you Down Unda!
                              Big Hugs!
                              Judie
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X