Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday October 8th

Hello Modsters!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all Canandians out there.

My goal is to be AF this all week. I have a really busy week with the kids and meetings so that should help. It was a nice weekend and the weather was great. Got a lot done outside and put away for winter.

Have a great Monday!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Monday October 8th

Morning Beaches! Sounds like you had a great, productive weekend. The weather was great here too, but I was stuck inside working:upset: I am going to be crazy busy the next few days, probably won't hear from me till midweek again. Hope all have a great Monday, and the next few days.
    ps. Beaches, I think AF for the week for me is the only way to survive this week Good luck to you!
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Monday October 8th

Good Morning everyone -- ME too!!! Going for the AF week. Very busy too!! Hope hope hope I get a job!!! Have a good few days!!

Comment

Monday October 8th

"Just another "manic Monday"...I heard that song on my way home from work last night.
        Today's my Friday!
        Looks like rain again. I guess we skipped right over fall..straight into winter here:upset: . Kicking myself for not kayaking more, when it was warmer.

Chryssa- Good luck with the job search. You'll probably have more than ya want soon enough.

Morning Amethyst & Beaches! Sounds like you'd better pace yourselves...Busy girls.

I haven't had an AF day in quite a while, but I haven't been drinking much either, so that works for me. I really think listening to the subliminal every morning, as well as the hypno 2 @ least a few times a week really helps.

Hope everybody has a great day.
        :l Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday October 8th

Hi guys....tis me...

Um, just wondering...I'm after some feedback please... I let myself have a quarter of a pint (wow!!) of 4% lager last evening...the world didn't cave in...it was ok (didn't like the taste as much as the Becks AF!)...I definitely felt a little tiny release in these ultra tight muscles of mine (a few pain & fatigue posts around from me recently) and laughed at the TV a bit.

But today I am not guilty but more obsessed with the stuff than I have been for ages...is that 'normal' for early mod-ing? Like, ultra (and glad of it really) caution and scrutiny? (Been AF for 4.5 months with only rare 'desire'.)

As in, a good sign that will reduce to realistic after discovering (Dog willing!!) that half a lager doesn't 'set me off again'.... I didn't 'do' lager, I did spirits (NEVER again!) and don't acutally fancy wine at the moment so am not pushing it! I just want to see if I can edge up to the 'normal' of A glass of end of the day stuff like I used to a year ago before... Just like so many people have the one and chill out, sleep well and start again (living that is!!!) tomorrow.

What do you reckon? Good sign or bad? Paranoia or sense?! Anyone else been there please?!

Thanks everyone...

Love FM(wobbly)F xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Monday October 8th

hello all, day 2 af for me, plan is to be af until Friday - my mid week drinking has just been ramping up recently to a bottle of wine on Wednesday evening - Thursday wasn't fun..
            Realised part ofthe reason i drink too much is I'm bored with my social life, I like our group of friends but there's a lot of dull, ignroant lecherous blokes about on the periphery. My other female friends are quite happy to fawn around them a bit - laugh at their dull unfunny behaviour - I think I drink to get myself through it!
            I just feel I'd like to do different stuff, cinema, theatre,comedy, skating - not just get pissed.
            anyway day 2 hope all is good xx
            one day at a time

Comment

Monday October 8th

FMF, I try to stick with just beer these days. It's too easy for me to over do it with wine & spirits. I definately don't keep those in the house.
              Once in a while I'll indulge, on a special occasion, but just one (like the cosmo I had w/anniversary dinner)
              Hubby says I act diff with wine & liquor...than I do w/beer I respect that. It probably brings out my "Evil Twin"...He would be the one to know...He's met her plenty of times in the past.

Bear, good job on day 2! Great to see you.

Comment

Monday October 8th

Hi All, Well done on everyones AF days ......

I'm sort of like Jude at the minute, drinking most evenings but not hard stuff and not vast quantities like I used to ....

FMF, I think that you are still scared of lapsing, it does get easier ....

Love & Hugs to you all .........

BB :l :l :l
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Monday October 8th

I have been going out less to the local bar, maybe once every 2 weeks and never on a weekday. I don't really mind having a few glasses of wine on a full stomach, I just don't want to get sloppy drunk anymore, and haven't in a while, last week and part of the week before I was AF as I was fasting, still have a low tolerance to wine. can't drink more than 2 glasses.
                  I don't drink during the week until maybe Thursday, I go to the gym instead. I really can't drink anything else but wine. so if I go somewhere and they only have beer, I will maybe have one.
                  nice to see that everyone is focused and working towards healthy drinking habits
                  trix
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Monday October 8th

Actually, it's not that you want stuff that you don't have, but that you want stuff that you think you don't have.

And the best way to change this is to begin thinking that you have it.

"Oh, there's my electric, fully loaded, 2008 Habitron cloud maker!!" -
                    ****The Universe

Just a quick note to put the quote out there and to say, think you are all doing pretty well!! Congratulations Modsters!

We are actually having gorgeous balloon weather. Can't take too much more of these crazy hours though! One group I am in, asking for volunteers to help with the fiesta parking, started the email off with: Sleep is very overrated! (Only when you are a young puppy!) Parties all around and have not had one drink yet. Think I will have one tonight as I have a dinner with girlfriends after a board meeting.

Love you,
                    Mary

Comment

Monday October 8th

Great to see ya MKR! Wish I were there w/you!:l

I'd love to take a ride in a balloon again!

Comment

Monday October 8th

Hi everyone

Manic Monday for me as well today - starting at the psych hospital with work, going through an investigation into a brothel.....and ending up with a sort of emergency at home - neighbours left the cooker on and so the communal hallway was all smelling of gas.

But I got through it and didnt even want a drink when neighbours came home after a couple of hours and switched gas off.

Re the comments re wine / spirits v beer. I have to say that I am also going with the beer option as I find it easier to control - wine can be drunk very quickly and I never know the strength of what am drinking - even rose wine seems stronger these days.

You guys are all doing so well. Very inspirational ! I think Trixie has hit my philosophy on the head - I dont want to get wasted either anymore.

Also for those in the UK - a good drink I found is Carling C2 - lager that is 2% so is 1 unit per big can and so means half or a third as strong as some beers. One gives you a wee buzz but not loads so to get you drunk. They sell it in Sainsburys and Tescos.

Am on day 2 AF but didnt drink much over the weekend.

Much love from London

Kath and Billy

Comment

Monday October 8th

Thanks everyone.....good to be here! Just had a huge emotional roller coaster evening....I have joined a choir again after 15 years....and after 8 years of any singing...just watching my daughter take over (and rightly so! She's young and very good!) singing all the things I used to do...with all the people I used to do it with...and they're amazed at who she knows (and who her godfather is for instance!)...um ,my ol pals so they've been looking at me...I guess expecting something good! (should keep my trap shut!)...um, but it was audition night and this 'great' singer completely fell apart! I just couldn't keep the voice together and shook and cracked...and ended up crying in the loo for ten minutes!!! I mean! I used to teach singing to people who never dared try but always wanted to.... now I was one of them!

But I got in! Yea! And sang well in the following rehearsal.... and walked home on achey legs; soooh tense! And wondered what I might 'partake of'.... And only fancied the last inch of lager in the can.... So, I'm pleased.

Thanks for letting me dump that and for your advice...will try to get the Carling one, Kath... yup, about right for me now! I don't like that p'd feeling, just good to feel vaguely 'normal'! (Not that I have anything but love and respect for those staying AF!! If I can do this mod-ing I will be very blessed!)

Right, quite long enough! I'll catch up on all your newsy items as I go...is that OK?

Love FMF xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Monday October 8th

Hi all,

Got my braces today. Had a really tough time as I am the worst gagger and ocd person. But they are on. Have been doing ok with mods but need to do better. Seem to do well one night then go a bit over the next...Does anyone else do this?

Well rather tired so no personals just yet. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well with mods.

Comment

Monday October 8th

Well done everyone esp FMF - thats fab you got in !!!! & Ducky for the dentist - hate going but you did v well. :goodjob:

Heres to a nice Tuesday !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X