monday 22 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 22 October

Good morning all, working at home today with a slight cold.
    I worked out that I had about 35 units of alcohol last week - that's over double my maximum limit for health.
    I am aiming for no booze or cigarettes in the week and a maximum of 3 drinks per evening at the weekend.
    Also aiming to get back to the gym 3 times a week and stick to 1500 cals every day - at moment I roughly stick to it and then massively go over it when I drink.
    Was thinking should I stop totally but I'm trying to lose weight and I don't want to overload myself at the moment.

Realised that I don't allow enough time for myself, no gym time, I shower every day but I LOVE long baths/face masks etc and don't give myself time to do that in the evening.
    Most nights I don't clean my teeth or take my make up off but just flop into bed - I don't have a single filling either!

Just completed a stress test and I am very stressed (not surprised my that!), which is why I think I get smashed at weekends/odd day in the week - also keeps me more stressed as you don't sleep as well, get more anxious worry about not doing stuff.

I also don't have enough structure to get basic dull stuff done e.g. household chores, planning clothes for next working day, putting washing away, planning meals- then house gets to be a mess and stresses me out even more.

I think I need a few basic routines but not too rigid as that stresses me out even more.

sigh... day 1 AF for me aiming for 5 in a row each week
    one day at a time

monday 22 October

Morning all .....

Bear sorry you're not feeling too well ........

I've not had much chance to check in here lately, so I hope that everyone is good ......

I've got a busy week at work and my Annual fundraiser this saturday so I'm chasing myself .... I have to admit that I love it though ....

Love & Hugs to everyone, BB xxxx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

monday 22 October

Bear and BB,

Bear, I am sorry you are not feeling well, too. I was so sick the last couple of weeks. Finally out of the tunnel. Whew!!

BB, good on you for the fundraiser and being happy with the work.

To everyone coming, Judie, MKR, Sammys, Lushy, (darn 50 + years makes the brain foggy) everyone else. Have a wonderful Monday and be happy.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

monday 22 October

Morning Modsters!
        Bear I hear ya about the stress. It's a vicious cycle. Get stressed, drink then have no energy to get anything done then get stressed because of that. Good luck with your 5 days this week I think that sounds like a great plan and I also hope you feel better too.

BB have fun planning that fundraiser!

Cindi glad to hear you are finally feeling better, that bug certainly hung around a long time.

Nothing real big going on today. My grandparents made it in safely last night and it's always so nice to see them.

To all who come, hope you have a great day.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

monday 22 October

Beaches,

Glad to hear grandparents made it in safely. Enjoy the time with them.

My folks are 83, almost 84, and coming up for Christmas. My kids and my grandkids are all excited about it. Whenever they come, it seems like it is "really" Christmas. (All of us absolutely love the "family" stuff.)

Our time with them is getting short and I am so grateful for every day we can be together.

Enjoy!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

monday 22 October

Feeling blah today....

In fact I felt blah almost all weekend.

I did get a bunch of junk purged from the house this weekend so thats good.

Absolutely no urges to drink, which is also good, but a general malaise has set in and I'm not sure how to shake it.

-lorelei
            Suddenly I see
            This is what I want to be
            suddenly I see
            Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

monday 22 October

Just a quickie as our dog trainer is due!

Lorelei, why do you think you feel so blah?

Bear, hope your new program gets you motiviated. I am pushing on all fronts too, but I don't smoke thank goodness since that seems so hard to kick.

Cindi, I miss the big family get togethers.

BettyB, fly away and have a blast.

Beaches, good morning!

BBL. Everyone have a great day!

Comment

monday 22 October

Well as the cramps started as soon as I got to work I think I have an idea of what caused my weekend blahs. Nothing to do but ride it out. Perhaps a swing by the grocery store after work for some nice dark chocolate will make me feel better. This is one of those nights where I'll throw on the jammies almost as soon as I get home and just relax.

My first day tends to be the worst cramp wise, but overall its not debilitating.

Got a busy day here at the office but I'll prob pop back in a couple of more times.

Lots of love to everyone....

-lorelei
                Suddenly I see
                suddenly I see

-KT Tunstall

Comment

monday 22 October

Bear & Lorelei I am right there with you -- feeling blah and made at myself for lacking structure to get things done, etc. I am trying to think back to when I was most organized and that was before my divorce which was five years ago -- so good news for you:

BabyGirl gets the loser award!!!!! Like you Lorlei I did de-clutter yesterday and managed to clean up my kitchen and wash my floors. I do try to make it a game and get little stuff done before, say, I pour a club soda or take a hot shower -- but there are days that I get too overwhelmed -- my Dr. says that it is depression talking -- she has asked that I go AF -- I'm working on it as I need this depression to lift! I am now worried about my health as now that I am assessing the "damage" I have been drinking to excess for about 10 years.
                  Oh boy! I really need help. Today I will not drink.

Bear I hope you are able to do the same... Lorelei let's try not to have a blah Monday together!

Everyone else I'm new & look forward to meeting all of you & getting to know you better! Baby

ps -- Cindi -- my folks are both close to 80 and we feel blessed to have them as well!

Comment

monday 22 October

Babygirl - I think you get a winner award for doing decluttering! Sometimes its so hard to do, afterall some of that junk has memories attached to it. I always do better when I have a third party present. Do you have any friends or family that can come over to help? My brother is really good at eliminating junk, sometimes he moves too fast for me but he is learning to respect my boundries.

I so need to get back to the gym. I'm thinking of starting with a yoga class or two a week just to get back into the swing of things. I used to take yoga years ago and it really did help center me.
                    Suddenly I see
                    suddenly I see

-KT Tunstall

Comment

monday 22 October

Lorelei,

Part of my problem is that I don't have family near me anymore -- we are scattered but keep in touch via e-mail. I have read so much about yoga and think I should give it a try. There is a place right down the street -- I need to get some information.

Comment

monday 22 October

Baby Girl,

I am married to a "pack rat" and it is HARD to make "them" (you) let go.

However, there is only so much room in our houses and our lives to hold all this stuff.

Do not let anyone besides you throw stuff away. I have to do this with my hubby all the time. (he doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs) but he does hold on to things that "don't matter" as well as things that " do matter."

Make sure you figure out what really matters. I would NEVER throw anything out that matters to my hubby. I will figure out where to put it. Life is too short to throw away the things that really matter and too long to keep hanging on to those things that don't.

Sit back and figure out what "really matters." and let the rest go.

Love,
                        Cindi

ps. In my mind, the things that really matter are the things you can never get back. The writings, the poems, the "pieces of several lives" that you could never get back if they were thrown away. You, can, however, figure out where to put those things so that they are safe and not in the way of every day lving.
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

monday 22 October

db2fromala;212841 wrote: Baby Girl,

ps. In my mind, the things that really matter are the things you can never get back. The writings, the poems, the "pieces of several lives" that you could never get back if they were thrown away. You, can, however, figure out where to put those things so that they are safe and not in the way of every day lving.
                          I hold onto everything...I get it from my parents..I swear its hereditary. You wouldn't believe the crap we found in their house after they passed away.

The reason I say ask a third party for help is that sometimes I get paralyzed by the memory even if its junk and I save it. I have final approval of what stays and goes but the other person is allowed to argue their case. Sometimes I will keep something only to have it go in the next round. Sometimes I will let something go without much of a fight but then sometimes I will fight with all I got to keep something.

I'm doing one room at a time. In the end the lack of clutter will make my house cleaner which will make me happier.

-lorelei
                          Suddenly I see
                          suddenly I see

-KT Tunstall

Comment

monday 22 October

Sitting here innocently:ranger bleary eyed, taking my 1st sips of coffee. I open this thread and there are already 2 pages:wow: What time DO you peolple get up in the morning! I had company all weekend, lots of fun. Drank more than planned, but not to excess.

Bear, I hear ya on the stress cycle. I need to get to the gym more regularly as well. It sure helps.
                            BB-I'll bet the party will be wonderful! You are so good at that! I like the expression "chasing yourself"-mind if I borrow it?
                            Cindi-glad you are feeling better. Those lingering bugs can be the pits can't they?
                            Beaches-glad your grandparents made it safely. How wonderful to have them with you!Enjoy!
                            Lorelei-sorry to hear about the blahs and cramps. Have you ever tried yogi tea? You boil 2 cups water, add1 cinnamon stick, 10 or so cloves, same amount of cardamon pods, small piece of ginger root, a couple of black pepper berries and gently simmer for 20 minutes. Add honey to tase, and a cup of milk-either dairy soy or nut. Serve hot, but don't boil the milk. Works like a charm for me!
                            Ducky-What do you do with the dog trainer? Basic stuff or show prep?
                            Baby Girl-nice to "meet" you! I love yoga, and don't do it often enough . Check it out. You might enjoy it!

Whew that was alot for a single cup of coffee!!!! Everyone else-have a GREAT day!!!!:h
                            Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

monday 22 October

Loreilei,

I am an army brat. You never take anything with you that doesn't matter...

So, when you look at the "stuff" just imagine what your life would be without it.

My husband is the "pack rate" and I am the "throw it out" rat.

However, I really do wish my mom had saved my barbie dolls and the trolls and lots of other thigns..

So, not be so apt to throw stuff out. Really look at it from the "sentimental" aspect. Because once thrown out, it is gone. However, from the "hang on to it" perspective, some things you can readily resupply. Understand where I am coming from??

Love a much moved and traveling person,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X