X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss Warriers

Hi again,
    I forgot to check in with E.
    I'm doing okay... my weight keeps fluctuating so I'm not sure but it seems like it's trending lower. I really want to get back to fighting weight so PLEASE let's keep up this thread.
    Good going with the artichokes-- I'm not particularly fond of them but seems like a good idea to do chewing calisthenics :-)
    Fby
    xox
    Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
    - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

I'll join, but can we call it "Weight Loss WarriOrs?" I know, I know, I'm OCD about spelling...

I have not lost ONE OUNCE in my 10 AF days. Not that I really need to---but 5 pounds wouldn't be missed one bit. I like being a shade on the skinny side, to leave room for indulgence.

The trouble is, when I don't have my wine, I simply get hungrier. When putting away a whole bottle over a day's time (and I mean the big bottle) I could go for 24 hours with maybe a few Triscuit and a nibble of cheese here and there, and never crave anything else (except more wine.) Now...food looks good again! Very good!

Okay, the scale said 131.8 this morning. I'm 5'6". Happiest (and cuter in jeans) at 125. Any lower and my neck starts looking scrawny. Count me in. Now I'm going to go see what's in the pantry...
      Jane Jane

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

JJ-
        I am 5'6" as well but haven't weighed in at 135 since..... well... a long time ago. Hmmmmm...........
        xox
        Fby

- Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Me too...I'm 5'5 and about 180. I can honestly say it was all drinking. I was always 125-130 till I became...don't tell an alcoholic. Couldn't understand why I was gaining when I never ate. Not drinking and going low carb has truly changed my life. We can do this. Even if we don't lose a ton of weight feeling good and being healthy we deserve.

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

thanks for that insight Dolly
            xox
            Fby

- Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Thank you for ackowledging me

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Greetings, all,

Dolly, I, too, have found a general reduction in simple carbs helps with the booze. It makes sense on biochemical terms.

Flutterby, didn't have any artichokes tonight! Nope, red wine, grilled vegetables, really good Italian bread with pureed red pepper sauce. Yum. I can feel my gut expanding as I write this.

Jane Jane, thanks for the correction in spelling. I'm spelling impaired!:egad: Don't ask me how many years of education it took to produce such an idiosyncratric speller. Typically, I combine American English, British English and French in making up my words. I don't know how to get the word corrected in the title thread. Maybe Roberta can help.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS WEEKEND!

:heart: E aka "ole bird bones"

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

ate another chewy artichoke for dinner.

taking bets.

will i have gained or lost weight by monday?

E

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

I think I gained

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Dolly,

I'm pretty sure that I, too, have either gained weight or stayed the same. It's so frustrating!

What next?:heart: E

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Hopefully losses!!

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

I just weighed myself. Through something not unlike starvation I have managed to lose a lofty 1.5 lbs.

Hope everyone else is doing better!

E

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Hi,

I would like to join. I am doing low-carb as well and lost 4 pounds initially but then got my month visitor and it stayed the same. I am trying to think of it as a lifestyle change with low carb and with drinking so it will be a slow road for me. I am somewhat ok with that. It took me a while to become 40 pounds overweight so it will take a while to loose it.

Oh yes, I can really see how low-carb helps with the alcohol cravings. I would say I am only experiencing about 10% of what I was when trying to stop/reduce previously.

-GTC
                            "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Hey, this is where i really need to be!

yes, alcohol is a major problem for me, but so is my weight!!! One of if not the most valid reason for me giving up is my health/weight I simply cant go on this big.

Our metric system over here is kilos, and I'm going to use kilos cos pounds make a bigger number and that scares me Seriously, I'm sure you can convert it easy anyway to understand where I'm at.
                              I currently weigh 108 kilos, NEVER ever ever been this big, 7 kilos over my heaviest six years ago when I was 42 wks pregnant so pfft to this, it's disgusting!
                              Too much of a good thing, simple as that. Oh and a lot of alcohol intake.

I know now that I've given up drinking (I'm on day 7) this will make a huge difference to my wieght, I gave myself the first week to stop drinking but this week is the kick arse time to stop eating crap and eat sensibly. I have in the past had eating disorders so I have to be careful here, do it sensibly this time.

My goal is to lose 30 kilos over time, how long this will take is anyone's guess but I am determined and I mean it!!! I have a function in three months and I'd like to realistically lose 20kilos, I really think I can do it considering half of those are sole alcohol bloaty crap that has creeped on in a matter of a couple of months.

Eating less and better is one thing, but how the heck do you MOVE when you are this big and the weather is hot? I'm generally an active person, but this is beyond the joke.

Anyway, I'm serious, and I hope I can be a support to you all too

SL
                              Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Weight Loss Warriers

Hi straightlines
                                You sound like youre in the same
                                country as me! Very hot here too
                                in Western Australia. I find I have
                                to get up early to exercise like 5..00am
                                or 6.00 as it gets too hot otherwise.
                                Even the gym has air con but if its
                                in the 30s I just cant handle the heat
                                especially doing cardio!!!
                                Have you considered doing a spin class?
                                If you dont know its cycling to music basically
                                lots of fun and low impact too> I'm similar
                                in tht I have 20 kilos to lose, the booze keeps
                                putting a stop to that even though I jog and
                                spin it just doesnt keep the weight down.
                                ....Anyway I'll just keep trying to beat the
                                beast! Good luck with your journey..Its
                                exciting you are on your way

Comment

Working...
                                X