Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a mental level

Hi everyone,
    I was 15 days af and then i had a slip on Saturday, i havent drank since which is 3 days af. I feel like I am starting again - should i or not?? mentally it feels better to say 18 days af with a slip but that's really only lying to myself isn't it?? God i cant wait until i stop counting the days - i hope i feel that way soon.

Has anyone else felt the same?

Thanks all
    :new:
    I am the author of my life.

on a mental level

:h lookingforhope, no matter how you look at it, you've made great progress! Your "slip" is just a little blip in the much larger scheme of things. If it feels better to say 18 days w/a slip, go for it. Celebrate your success. And BTW, you don't even have to count days if you don't want (even though that's the tendency for so many of us). Take it a day at a time and go by how you feel. You WILL feel better. Take a deep breath, feel your resolve, and have a great day!
    ~K.

Comment

on a mental level

Hi looking,it`s very much a personal thing whether or not we start counting from scratch again if we have a slip. I have given up counting now.........I think many do as time goes on.........I just want to keep a rough tally, like how many mths. sober I am.

The important thing is not to obsess about the slip and let it endlessly irk you........it`s far more important to praise yourself for the progress you have made to date, and, from where I`m sitting.........you`re doing great. :l

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

on a mental level

lookingforhope, count or don't count, it really is up to you how you do it. I stopped counting as I was getting obsessed with counting, slipping, counting again - lol. I don't count days now, I 'measure' how good I feel. I was for a while counting the hours but again.... ho hum. Good luck whatever way you choose.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

on a mental level

whatever you do, do what is the most positive for you. It is way to easy to beat ourselves up. STAY POSITIVE.

So on that note, I say.....CONGRATS ON 18 DAYS! WOW GOOD FOR YOU!!!
          :thumbsup

Comment

on a mental level

Looking ~ I agree with others. If you feel better saying 18 days with a slip, go for it! You should dwell on the positive, not the negative. You admitted the slip. Just pick yourself up and move on.

I counted days faithfully my first 30, but then the obsession with counting went away. I have to count on the calender if someone asks what day I'm at. It will get easier and not so encumbersome. Give it time.

Congrats on your success! Good luck!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

on a mental level

Hiya, be obsessed with the positives not the negatives, you have done 18 days AF, you should be proud of that ......

BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
              X