Day One...Topa Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One...Topa Questions

Today is my day one...and I am extremely nervous especially about getting home tonight and trying to get out to the "routine". What is the best time of day to take the Topa when you are starting out? Does it take effect quickly or do you have to wait a couple of weeks?

Sorry to ask such silly questions:lol ...I just want this to work and want to give myself the best advantage I can.

Thanks in adavance for any help/guidance/advice!!

Day One...Topa Questions

Hi Julie, and welcome! When just starting out... the book reccomends 25mg in the afternoon, for the first week. I'm taking 100 mg of topa. and have been for 5 mo. I take 50mg in the AM & 50mg PM. That's working for me, so that's where I'm staying for now. Good luck! Hugs, Judie

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

hi jude, im wondering how you're feeling on the topa. i'm quite worried about becoming a topa zombie and ending up with all the side effects known to mankind...another silly question i know...

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

Hi Waitin, Not a silly question at all... I do notice, a bit of spacey-ness, but I'm that way to start with anyhow:rolleyes
        So, I don't think it's noticable to others... just frustrating once in a while when I can't think of a word I'm looking for, but not too sure I can blame the topa for that either...:rolleyes :lol
        I think if I don't eat.. which happens, because, topa does tend to take away your appetite.; I get a bit more spacey, which could also be a blood sugar thing, so I try to make sure I at least have some sort of snack, every so often. Especially if I'm @ work. Pretty crazy...working in a restaurant..& still forget to get something to eat, while you're throwing food @ people!:eek :lol

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

Hi Waiting-
          I have been on the Topa for three days now and I haven't noticed any bad side effects. My craving for wine is WAY down and I don't have the urge to eat all the time.
          Julie J.

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

thanks julie, that helps cause i'm actually quite scared of starting. probably coz i'm on my own in this...apart from the boards nobody else knows...so far my best friend has always been mr. pinot grigio. somenights i've even told my fella i don't want to see him coz i'd rather sit down and get trollied.

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

Waiting -
              I also am on my own doing this. Of course my favorite friend is Mr. Chardonnay and I have turned down friends or come home early from other social events to be with him. I haven't told anyone b/c if I do fail (which I haven't so far) I don't want everyone to know that I had a problem to begin with!!
              The Topa is what pretty much sold me on this program...something I can take that will help tell my brain that I don't need to drink all that wine?? Could it get any better? The supps and CD's are helping but for me...I need to get my brain re-wired (I believe that is also called lack of will power).
              Anyway, good luck to you!! I will be here for you if you need!!
              JJ

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

Welcome, new members. Glad to see you registered and posting--you'll learn lots from the fabulous folks here!

Keep in mind the importance of exercise when you begin the program. It really can help mitigate brain fuzz for those of you concerned about topa dopa.

Dr. Garcia and I attended a lecture last week by a highly respected neurobiologist specializing in alcohol addiction. His work was fascinating. In his study, groups of alcoholic mice removed from the sauce and given an opportunity to exercise afterward began developing new brain cells within a *matter of days*. This is consistent with exciting recent findings about exercise and neuron genesis in adults. It's also one of the reasons we continue to emphasize moderate exercise (only 20 to 30 minutes three times a week) as part of MWO. It will improve your sense of well being, help prevent relapse, occupy time once spent drinking...and make you smarter! What could be better. Wait, I know: it's free. :-)

Now off the chair and into your tennies. (Not too late in the day, though--those happy endorphins may keep you up if your workout is close to bedtime.)

RJ

(Three articles are linked below; you can Google and find lots more like them.)

health.discovery.com/centers/nutritionfitness/fitness/articles/runsmart/research.html?dcitc=w10-005-ai-0000

www.azcentral.com/health/fitness/articles/0921exercisebrain-ON.html

www.hhmi.org/news/sejnowski.html

Comment

Day One...Topa Questions

I am waiting to see my MD and get the prescription. I have read a ton of stuff on the net about Topa and I am concerned about the side effects. I run my own business and I have meetings everyday where I have to be sharp and alert or I stand to lose large amounts of $$$$$. How bad do the cognitave side effects get? I manage meetings when I am hungover (not particularly well) but I am used to it and I know what to expect. On Topa I am not so sure.

Also why do you ramp the meds? If they work well initially why increase the dosage?

Last of all, I don't have a lot of hair to begin with, will I lose what is left? I will take bald and sober anyday but I do like my hair.

Do you stay on this forever?

Just curious

Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X