Join Date;
    24th May, 2007.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

A Tale of Two Cities

By Charles Dickens

No reason why, it is a reread. I do that sometimes, have the book, no money, haven't read it for a while, etc.

If I read a book I don't like, I get rid of it, so any book I keep, I tend to reread.

Every once in a great while I go through the Ayn Rand phase, the Vonnegut phase, or the very melancholy Edgar Allen Poe phase. I have never been able to get through War and Peace and found Anna Karenina so depressing I've decided never to read another Russian writer again. (Kind of bigoted but there it is, out in the open.)

When I need lightening up, I read the compilations of my favorite cartoons, Dilbert, Far End, and Calvin and Hobbes.

Oh, and sometimes I readStephen King. Mostly because my daughter has all his works. Dean Koontz, too. Stephen King has written a few very good books. Being an engineer type, though, The Stand kinda hurt my feelings....although I probably would end up in Vegas at the end of the world.

Actually, just taking a break from work and rambling here.

I guess I'll order Eckhart Tolle's book because everyone is raving about it.

I picked up Dry once and leafed through it and decided I absolutely could not read it. His other book, Running With Scissors, was so sad to me that I could barely finish it. I cried through most of the book!!

Cindi

Join Date;
    14th January, 2007.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

A Tale of Two Cities

Cindi,
    This isn't a story aabout a traveling salesman and his romantic excapades ? Sorry, could'nt resest ! Yes, a classic ! IAD

Registered User.

Join Date;
    12th September, 2007.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

A Tale of Two Cities

Oh! Cindi, I know what you mean about "re-reads". Atlas Shrugged and The Fountain Head are two of Rands that I tend to re-read about every ten years! Love, Dagney Tagert!!!!