Alcohol Really does SMELL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a delicate nose i can smell anyone who drinks now. It stinks to high hell. Never think no one can smell it when you are doing it...wrong. I can smell hubby a mile away before he drives in the yard. I never realised how much it stunk. So glad i stopped again. Remember...you stink when you drink!! You also sweat like a stinker after you drink. If you don't want to stink ... DON't DRINK... NO 2 smelling like :sausages: (poopers)

I can't remember where I heard it, but it was essentially that vodka was odorless. Of course, to my alcoholic brain that was the excuse that I needed to drink away. Only took me eight-odd years to get that thought out of my head.

Odorless - yeah right.....
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I know what you mean, Rip....

I can smell booze on someone 10 ft away....the smell of it makes me want to puke...

Don

Comment

a dont kid yourself,it smells better than a fart,hahahhahah,but your rt you can smell it from a ways away,just like bubble gum hides the smell,yes we were a bit off when we drank,but were there reasons for it curious gyco and ripple i am very happy for tht you found a new way gyco your always fun to read you must be a wonderful person i hope your hubby feels the sames

Comment

I drink ALOT. The next day(most days) after drinking I totally soap up, wash my hair, lots of deodorant etc(Yeah I'm a male). I don't believe I smell of alcohol.

More to the point I hope I don't.

Comment

I also hate the smell of alcohol!! Yuck! And you cannot cover it up with mouthwash or gum. It oxidizes from the lungs and out of the mouth. (that is how breathelizers work!). The stench also seeps out of the poors. Don't kid yourselves, oxidized vodka has an odor!

I guess this is one more thing to think about!

Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Yes, booze does stink. I was told like many of you that Vodka was odorless, Yeah right. I would have liked to believe that. Drink enough of anything and it seeps out of your pores, and you will smell like it. Thanks Rip, you reminded of something that was bothering me, but I forgot to bring it up here. Many of you know that I give rides to a woman in AA who lost her driver's license. Well, one night last week, she wreaked of booze. I was pretty disturbed. She will not admit it, but I have been around booze long enough to be able to smell it from a mile away. It really speaks to the power of this disease. The woman's esophagus is being held together with bands. She can bleed to death at any time, and her liver is shot. I know that she was drinking. I also know that I am powerless over the behavior of others. Sorry, just had to get that out.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I know for certain I sweated vodka - used to have a long drive to work in the morning (2 hours due to traffic). After a day's work I'd open the door to my car (that had been baking in the heat all day) and whewwwwie, this reek of vodka would eminate from the seats!!!
                My side of the bed stunk of vodka as well. And my poop smelt like cow pats!!!
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Wine smells like ass! My dog quit sleeping in bed with me when I was drunk all the time. She just started again. That's just sad.

Comment

Vlad, you crack me up :H
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X