Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am starting a group in Philadelphia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the online community here, but hanker for some eye contact, tasty snacks and giving and receiving of hugs during this process of ours, so I am doing what I have been thinking about for a while and I am starting a group in Philadelphia.

Focusing on support, healing and harm reduction. Anyone, at any stage or with any goals, mods, reducing, abs, exercising more even as you are still drinking heavily etc. The only requirement is that you respect the anonymity and confidentiality of the meetings, but essentially I am making it up as I go along If anyone is interested or have any ideas, please post. I will PM anyone who requests a response and time and date. Thanks kindly, Love to all.

hope it works out for you , cant come myself ..flights too expensive . lol!

Comment

hello out...i have been waiting for a moment like this...i have also been "hankering" for some eye-to-eye time....please pm me with some of your ideas!!

Comment

Hi Out, Philadelphia is very close to me so would love the eye contact. Please keep me posted either by pm or by this thread. I will help in any way I can.

Cucks

Comment

Some ideas, thanks for the response

Well, my starting ideas would be to have a group that is as open as possible with memebrs who are willing to meet everyone where they are at without judgement. Abs/mods and everything inbetween.

I really like the harm reduction movement/philosophy and very much like a book called "Over the Influence" by Patricia Denning and ?, sorry can't remeber the co-author right now. We could start a process around that book or anything else you want to bring to the table. I would really like the for people do being doing their own self directed work or goal setting and then be there for each other in support of our process. It may be just a place for us to be honest about our use and our relationship to alcohol without judging. For me the without judging is the current theme. I want a place where everyone's goals are respected, even if we don't understand them. If someone doesn't want to or isn't ready to make changes, but just wants somwhere to honest about and start to look at their use. If someone achieves a goal great, if someone doesn't they can look at what they may have gotten out of going for the goal. I also like the idea of focusing on how we want our lives to be and how to get there whether alcohol related or not. Just support and honest discussion...I'm not into a a lot of rules, just that you respect others privacy and that you're not drunk during the meetings...does that seem fair and doable? I would like to meet 1x per week or 1x every two weeks.

Since we would now have 3...woo hoo and I know maybe another we could start next week if you want? I am thinking that I would host the first meeting at my house---or even if it's nice out a park--in Philadelphia and then we could find out where we all live and sort the future meetings out then. I will PM both of you, but wanted to post for everyone too. Thanks

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X