Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Concerns

Hi All,

I continue to read and research through this website and elsewhere about the different anti-craving medications available. I have never tried any before, but started Topa three days ago which I ordered through River Pharmacy off this website. Then today I find a thread about the possibility that this is not a reputable source and that there could be other things added to the drug. I've had a slightly nagging feeling ever since reading MWO that this whole thing could actually be a marketing ploy by the drug company. Any of you ever considered that?? It especially bothered me that RJ won't use her real name although the reasons she offers are plausible.

I've also just been reading about baclofen, which seems like it may be a better fit for me as I do suffer from severe anxiety and depression as well. I could kind of kick myself now for getting in such a hurry. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on March 2nd - can't see one before then as I'm unemployed and am going through the state. But you know how it is when you're looking for an answer to this problem.

Anyway, I just thought I would put this out and see what kind of response I get. I'm especially interested in how 1morechance is doing on baclofen.

Thanks!!

Growing Concerns

Hi Mtnangel

I believe MWO is affiliated with Riverpharmacy, but not that it is a ploy by the drug company. From my research River Pharmacy are a reputable company- for a start I don't think RJ would affiliate with a company that were underhand.

My opinion is as you have already ordered the Topamax give it a go, and in the meantime research as much as you can in case the Topamax does not help you and you need to try another route.

Also, have you tried PM-ing 1morechance? Sometimes people may not check the forum but will receive notification of a PM in their email inbox.

Good luck!

Comment

Growing Concerns

I agree with Marbella, I don't believe(for one second) that RJ is anything but COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY. I have ordered Topamax, naltrexone and campral from river and they have been the best source that i can imagine for off shore meds..
      They are have been extremely helpful to me and I couldn't find an MD to write me a Rx.
      Thank GOD I could get the meds that I needed and they have stopped me in the past from having a short slip turn into a full blown RELAPSE..
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Growing Concerns

I have used River, as have many members on this site. I hopped all over this site and the internet before I ordered from them and could not find one serious complaint. Beware of "I heard . . ." type of warnings. Most meds are not manufactured in the U.S. anyway, so the fact that they are not shipped from a U.S. distributor means nothing.

Comment

Growing Concerns

Thanks for the replies you guys. I really appreciate it. I am going to go ahead with the Topamax since I already have it and paid for it and will just be on the look out for any of the awful side effects I've since read about on here. I'm also doing the CD's, the Kudzu, most of the supplements, exercise, etc. Thanks again!

Comment

Growing Concerns

Does anyone know if Topamax is covered by insurance?

Comment

Working...
            X