Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second day of my life!!

Good Evening All-

Today was the 2nd day of my life.. It was VERY hard to stay AF, but I've done it so far. I wanted to celebrate tomorrow with something mild like Mikes Hard Lemonade, but more I think about it, the more I don't want to, What do you guys think, will that make me fall behind again?? I feel its not wine, its just something light..

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

It's still AL...just from previous experience...don't do it. Ask your self why??? Am I reading this right in that it's only been 2 days?! If so, you really haven't been on the road too long.

Comment

And ... I think you like your "new life" or you wouldn't have referred to it as a NEW LIFE. Stay true to your course.

Comment

Thank you Take Heart!! The support is greatly needed!!

Comment

Savannah, one of the things that can help you stay AF is not looking at alcohol as a "celebration" anymore. It should not be a treat for you, it should be something to avoid!! So I agree, I would skip it tomorrow!! Good luck to you!

Comment

before savannah maybe for a while you controlled alcohol,but now the alcohol controls you,just say no alcohol is a poison it wont do you any goodwell done on two days and you feel this good because you dident drink

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Savannah,
              Have you thought about trying for 30 days AF, just to see how you feel then?
              It would give you a chance to experience a few of the benefits of an alcohol free life without making promises to yourself that you might not keep, then after that you can choose which road you want to take. We tend to put a lot of pressure on ourselves to always get it right the first time when it comes to controlling drinking. Some people only need one go, but the majority of us take some time to find the right balance. It's not an excuse, just a fact. A determination to succeed, and to not give up giving up is essential. Take any path you feel will help you and if you lose your way you will have learned a little of what you need to know to master it eventually.
              It can be fun....honestly. It gave me the chance to get stuck into stuff that I had been neglecting for too long.
              Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

Comment

hi sav,think of today , think of how your gonna make your day better,if you beleive the lemonade will do that ,nothing we really say will convince you,not to, 2 days is a wonderful accomplishment for many,it is a start,i dont no much of long term sobriety nor do i hve a problem stopping,the key result is staying and wanting to stop,i do wish you well gyco

Comment

Onward and upward.eyes straight ahead on the prize.A SOBER FUTURE !!!
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

All of you are just a true gift from God!! Thank you so much for your honest and loving support!!

Comment

Savannah;667077 wrote: Good Evening All-

Today was the 2nd day of my life.. It was VERY hard to stay AF, but I've done it so far. I wanted to celebrate tomorrow with something mild like Mikes Hard Lemonade, but more I think about it, the more I don't want to, What do you guys think, will that make me fall behind again?? I feel its not wine, its just something light..
                      I weaned myself of using lite beer...I think lower AL content is a good thing right now...
                      Just my 2 cents
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X