Have you saw Avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you saw Avatar?

Last night I took my son to see the movie Avatar. I had not had a drink in 4 days, and as I was driving across town to the movie theatre, I thought to myself... Now, If I was drinking now, or if I was hungover now, me and my son would not be having this lovely experience of going to the movies together. Yet another reason, of so so many to be sober.

By the way, Avatar was the most AMAZING movie I have ever seen! If you go see it, be sure to see it in 3D to get the full affects.

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Have you saw Avatar?

As I was reading your post Over I was wondering whether you'd seen it in 3D or 2D. I was glad to read you did see it in 3D because it was an awesome experience for me too. I actually thought when I came out the cinema that the world actually looked rather 2D after watching it. It was a strange experience and probably because it was the first movie I've watched in 3D since the olden days of 3D cinema which wasn't that exciting to be honest.

I can only imaging what I'd be like trying to watch that movie whilst intoxicated though. I think I'd of missed out on the whole 3D cinema experience due to it.

These are beautiful moments to treasure and your son is lucky to have you sober and enjoying these moments with him. I hope he enjoyed the movie as much as you did!!

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

I also saw it in 3-D. Took my two sons (21 & 15) last weekend when my older one was home for a visit. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did.
      Interestingly, I remember thinking about the times I declined going to or taking the boys to the movies because it was more important to stay home and not miss any of my precious drinking time. I am so glad that those are thoughts that I can only relate to as the past tense. For any of you who are drinking away your childrens lives do not waste another minute, hour or day drinking when you can be making memories for you and your kids. Doesn't even need to be anything more than a movie but you will all remember spending time together.
      Time

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

I just saw AVATAR on wednesday with Dave and my oldest son, we saw it is IMAX 3-D. My son has seen it in both the regular 3-D and the IMAX 3-D, he insists that the IMAX makes a big difference. All I know is that I loved the movie! I actually felt like I was on Pandora! James Cameron truly is a genious. The story, the characters, the entire production was absolutely brilliant!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

Yes, I saw Avatar last Saturday.. I also thought it was amazing (I also saw it in 3D, and it was visually spectacular!).. and yes, its good to remind yourself of the reasons why its good not to drink.. I do that myself all the time.. I have no regrets, nothing to "punish" myself for since being AF, and I know excactly what I have done, and remember every conversation with people! I am also trying to find new ways of enjoying myself without AL, it can be difficult as I have relied on AL so long to fill in the "gaps" for me.. but once we find something we enjoy, it will be way more fulfilling than AL.. so well done for going to the movies with your son - mine is too young to go to the movies with, but I still enjoy doing so many things with him when I am sober, that I would not be able to do if I got drunk the night before.. x
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

I also saw it a couple of weeks ago on a saturday night with my kids. What a great feeling that was! And what a FABULOUS movie!!!! highly recommend it (in 3D)

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

I LOVED it!! I saw it in 3D at IMAX which was my first IMAX experience. Thing is, when people say was it better, I don't know as I have no comparison.

Time2, I didn't decline drinking, I just took stuff with me to drink in the theater. Ugh! I must have reeked!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

Greenie
                Glad we weren't friends back then, because I never thought of that....LOL

Comment

Have you saw Avatar?

LOL, I meant decline movies not decline drinking...... obviously didn't decline either.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X