What I really don't miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I really don't miss

I don't mess feeling like an ass for drinking so much or for even drinking.
    I don't miss the disappointment that I drank and drank too much.
    I don't miss the lies that I told so that I could go out and drink.
    I don't miss my loose stools/diarrhea the day after.
    I don't miss the lack of energy to do much the day after.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What I really don't miss

hart;1113971 wrote: I'm on day 5 AF. I don't miss waking up with a hangover, not to be graphic but my stools were disgusting, my face was looking so damn old, the promises I'd make in the am and break in the pm, the feelings of hopelessness. My husband's disappointment in himself and me-we are both 5 days AF. The damn cost of two alcoholics in the house!!!
      My stools tended to be bad the day after drinking too.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What I really don't miss

bump
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss waking up during the night and feel bad for drinking so much.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I really don't miss the Anxiety and panic attacks,

I really dont miss waking up feeling anxious about the night before,
            I really dont miss the anxiety of not having enough vodka to stop the shakes,
            I really dont miss the anxious feeling of dread knowing I have to get to the shop to buy more,
            I really dont miss the panic attacks whilst walking to the shop,
            I really dont miss it taking every resolve to manage just to put one foot in front of the other,
            I really dont miss feeling panicky that I will see some one I know whilst buying Vodka at 8am,
            I really dont miss my heart racing and the world feeling it's closing in on me,
            I really dont miss having to chugg a very large vodka to stop my stomach churning,
            I really dont miss an 'urgent' stomach after drinking so much vodka all at once,
            I really don't miss being unable to drive my car, as the anxiety is too much to bear,
            I really dont miss all the panic attacks and just wanting to die :upset:.
            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

I really don't miss being drunk.
              I really don't miss getting drunk.
              I really don't miss having my mom worry about the amount that I drink.
              I really don't miss having AL in my life.
              I really don't miss the feeling when I leave the bar knowing that I will be hungover tomorrow.
              I really don't miss hoping that my hangover the next day won't be too bad while drunk.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I no longer want to do or feel....

Like I am a failure as a mum because alcohol seems more important than playing with my son.
                The guilt of going to different shops so that they don't think I buy a lot of alcohol.
                Hiding empties in the bin rather than recycle them.
                Having arguments and not remembering why.
                Having deep conversations with my boyfriend that were important and not remembering what was said.
                Waking up with another hangover and feeling dizzy and faint.
                Hiding bottles around the house so my drinking is hidden.
                Not dealing with my emotions but running away from them in alcohol.
                Driving when I know that I shouldn't.

I no longer want to feel ashamed or confused or controlled. I want to feel free and alive and have an abundance of energy and time for my son. I definitely don't want to feel that if I don't do this then I will leave my little boy without his mummy.
                :upset:

Comment

What I really don't miss

BUMP

Just need to remind myself why being sober is the answer
                  I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

I could have written 99% of the responses here. I will come back to this often. I will add later when I can...right now, I just need to cry.
                    AF 9/28/11

Comment

What I really don't miss

So glad I read this today, what a great reminder. AL thoughts were sneaking up on me the last couple of days, even though I have well over 6 months AF. That just goes to show, we can't ever quit quitting! I can relate to almost each and every post....scary stuff. I NEVER want to go back there.
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss being hungover.
                        I don't miss feeling sorry for myself.
                        I don't miss not being able to work or go to church because I was too hungover.
                        I don't miss people worrying about my drinking.

I will miss leaving the bar sober and knowing that I won't be hungover the next day if I drank so I will not drink today, and for the future. But to help my goal, I will consecrate on today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I dont miss, going to all my other message boards, and seeing posts that I dont even remember writing. Its actually kind of frightening to think of what I was doing. Ive even made a few enemies during those times.........crazy

Thank goodness, I dont have any Seltzer water fueled cyber rants..........LOL
                          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

What I really don't miss

What a powerful thread!
                            I am going to keep this on earound for the struggles!!! I empathise with almost everything that has been said before!
                            I won't miss trying to layer the bottles with paper so noone hears the crash on recycling day.
                            I won't miss not going out with friends as I will already be drunk by the time it is time to go, or scared tehre won't be enough to drink when I am there.
                            I won't miss lying in bed scared one of my kids is sick (one daughter asthmatic) and I am too drunk to drive to hospital.
                            I won't miss being scared I slept thru her asthma and would find her dead in the morning.
                            I won't miss worrying about funny feelings wondering if they are symptoms of liver failure.
                            I won't miss getting the kids to bed way before their bed time as i knew I couldn't stay up any longer.
                            I won't miss being scared that I will die before I see my daughters graduate.
                            I won't look at the patients I work with and their med soc histories to see if they drink more than I do and how healthy/unhealthy they are.
                            I won't miss probing my stomach to see if I can feel my liver yet.
                            I won't miss living in fear of a liquid!!!!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss worrying about my drinking.
                              I don't miss the taste of AL (sure some tasted good, but I find AF drinks better)
                              I don't miss the time and money wasted.
                              I don't miss puking over myself.
                              I don't miss worrying about being cut off after the first and only time that it happened.

Comment

What I really don't miss

This is a great thread!

I can relate to what everyone has posted thus far (we really have lots in common, don't we?). For me, the biggest things that I won't miss are:

Early Morning headache that would sometimes last all day. Taking another liver damaging thing called Ipubrofen to stop headache.
                                Lying that I have a migrane instead of a throbbing hangover.
                                Living my life "half there" and not in the present, always looking to the witching hour for my first drink.
                                Wasting my evenings getting drunk and sad.
                                Being mean to hubby and others because of too much wine.
                                Making a fool out of myself in front of family, co-workers, friends, while drinking.
                                Unquenchable thirst throughout the night and day after drinking.
                                Bloated body, especially face and belly.
                                Red eyes and that "glassed over" look.
                                Living in a fog most of the time.
                                Making really really bad decisions that I still cannot believe to this day.
                                Wasting money on wine, glassware, restaurants, anything to do with al.
                                The sight of wine bottles in my recycle bin, how embarrassing!
                                Lugging home heavy large bottles of wine and hiding them in my bag if I ran into the neighbors.
                                Breaking glass or spilling red wine all over everything.
                                Becoming disorganize and messy at home to make more room for drink time instead of tidy time.
                                Letting my looks go, which I have always taken pride in. Using anything and everything to help cover the face of drinking (visine, concealor, moisturizers, etc.)
                                Loosing my innocent, inner child, the girl who disappeared at 18 when she took her first drink.
                                Giving up piano lessons because they interfered with my drinking time.
                                Selling my piano to cover the cost of the debt I incurred from a drinking/party lifestyle years ago.
                                Starving myself so I could fit in booze calories and not gain weight.
                                Feeling trapped by AL all the time.
                                Rapid heart beat and anxiety wake up call at 3AM which sometimes didn't let me fall back asleep for the rest of the night.
                                Remorse and feeling of hopelessness and dread after a night of drinking.
                                All the energy I have spent on AL over the course of my life.
                                There are lots more but I could keep going and have to end this post at some point! Thank you all for reading.
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X