Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK users

Hi,

I am a really struggling newbie in the Uk. Trying to get the vits etc but struggling any ideas?? Feel so ashamed and hate myself at the moment. Hate the way alcohol makes me feel but love the effects. So confused. I just want to be able to drink moderatley and normally.
    Anyone else in uk

Fluff
    xx

UK users

Hi Fluff & :welcome:

I'm in the UK, and like you i was unsure about the supps ets, I was lucky enough to buy the cd's off ebay but they're not here yet.

There's lots of us in the UK and i have to say that you have found the right place, the people here are sooooo supportive, keep reading the posts old and new, and shout if you need any help and advice.

I've opted for moderation and this is what I posted tonight. Hope that it inspires you....

Since finding this site 12 days ago, i've had 2 AF nights and on ALL of the others only had one bottle of wine instead of 3, didn't start drinking till at least 7pm, and i've sipped instead of gulping!!!!

I can ACTUALLY REMEMBER GOING TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............

I don't feel guilt and paranoia.................

I haven't drove drunk..............................

I've helped with my daughters homework....................................

I've done housework BEFORE going to work.....................

I've COOKED dinner EVERY NIGHT................................

I don't have any unexplained bruises...................

I've paid ALL my bills...................................

There's probably more but just wanted to share this with you, I owe it to all of you (and some others who haven't posted on this thread & i've forgotten your names) for your help and support, and you can all remind me all of these things if I slip back.....

Take care all, Lots of love, Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

UK users

Hi fluff :welcome:

~ Terrible country this for drinkers really isn't it. Seems to get worse every month, there's a whole season on bbc3 soon devoted to Binge Drinking Britain, should be funny and tragic at the same time.

Comment

UK users

Hello fluff,
        I am from central Scotland just outside Glasgow. I too am having trouble getting hold of stuff.
        I found this site and signed up on 20th Nov., and I have not had a drink since. Today is a new record for me. I have tried to cut down / stop drinking on many occasions. I will probably fall off the wagon again at some point, but at the moment I feel better about myself than I have in a long time. I still don't like myself very much but then again, I'm just finding out who I really am. Once I know me a bit better I might learn to like me.....
        Anyway, welcome to a nice place.
        Owly: You're right. It is a bad place for drinkers. Seems like people think if you don't drink then there must be something wrong with you.

Comment

UK users

Paul, I just want to say I am impressed with your fortitude, and all of your AF days since coming here. That is more than a lot of us have done. Keep it up. Oh, and what happened to Popeye? I absolutely loved that avatar! Can he come back?

And fluff, just keep at it. Make a plan, tell yourself this is how it is going to be and stick with it. You can do it. Even if you start with cutting back it will make a difference. I know that love/hate relationship with alcohol. It is awful.

Paula, good for you too. You are really cutting back and that is an awesome change!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

UK users

Kate,

Just how do you manage to make your words sing so sweetly???

Welcome, Fluff.

Comment

UK users

Hello all
              Popeye's back. Glad you mentioned it. I didn't like Dan Dare too much...too daring.
              Thanks for the words

Comment

UK users

yes Tawny

Kate has a singing voice.....I don't have the CD yet, but I'm listening..........

Comment

Working...
                X