I'm amazed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed.

Good morning! I'm feeling very good today. I'm on day 9 of my plan. I'm not AF but I've went from 8-10 glasses of wine a day to 1. That 1 I have before bed and I sip it not slam it. I used to start about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and continue until I fell asleep around 10. I'm finding myself not wanting or craving it. I haven't had any physical symptoms, only psychological ones, the fear of not falling asleep or waking up in a panic. I'm going to try melatonin next for sleep and see if I can give up that last one.

I wasn't sure I could give it up at all and know I know I can. I'm hoping to moderate. We will see.

Hearing everyone's stories here has helped me so much.

I'm amazed.

Hi Kelli,
    Well done! It sounds very promising so far. Just stay focused and I am sure you will be fine
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I'm amazed.

:goodjob: sound like you are on your way.

I take Melatonin and it helps a lot. I thought about having one a day but for me it was like....why bother. Cause I was always out for the buzz and one wouldn't cut it. And I thought If I'm going to give my liver a rest I should go for it 100%

And I'm like you....amazed. Im on day 11.

Keep up the good work :l
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I'm amazed.

well done kelli, if you can cut it down to 1 you CAN cut it out altogether! I tend to agree with AK, one wouldn't cut it for me, hardly worth the bother!

I was worried about sleep at the start, and I have had the odd restless night. But nothing is as bad as waking up with a hangover.

You have cut your AL intake drastically and that can only be a good thing. If you really are going to try to moderate the general consencus seems to be getting some AL free time under your belt first.

good luck, let us know how you get on

Comment

I'm amazed.

Well done Kelli.
          We're all different and you're doing so well. I've been moderating through March, but have decided i prefer the feeling of being AF most of the time. I also still have a niggling feeling that drinking at home is dangerous for me, as that is where my problem drinking lies.

I went out to lunch today with colleagues and had one glass and that was fine. I didn't think about ordering another. I drank water and made it last through the meal.
          At home, it's difficult to drink one. I always have two at least and I'm just so aware of how that can escalate. So I'm back to an AF April, but good luck with your journey.

Comment

I'm amazed.

Thank you for all the encouraging words. I made dinner tonight for my daughter and her boyfriend tonight without the wine to keep me company. We had a nice time with me totally clear headed, the first time in a long time. I like the real me. I've wanted this for a long time. What finally did it for me was reading the book "Manifesting Change." It isn't about addiction. It's about our purpose here to be happy and how we get stuck by our thoughts which limit us.

"Thoughts become things ~ choose the good ones"

Comment

I'm amazed.

It's great to get yourself back isn't it?

Comment

Working...
              X