A Tale from a Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tale from a Bar

Good evening to all. I just wanted to share a story.
    I work for a big multinational company, and we have locations nearly everywhere. Things have changed in the last 10 years, so that where I am is where a lot of people have to come to more than before.
    As a result I see people I know from out of town more often. And I know I'm reiterating (sorry) but I'm almost sure to a lot of people I was the company drunk. I might still be to some of them since they haven't see me sober yet.LOL
    Near our campus there's an ale house where everyone goes, and of course they slam down a Corona for me as soon as I get there. Now they don't since I've stopped in briefly to see some people a couple of times and had water to drink.
    Today there were some guys going there and I wanted to chat with them so I stopped in.
    It was very interesting; I think they were really wondering what was happening-ANN is here and she is not drinking beer OR tequila! I stayed about 30 minutes, and they seemed genuinely stunned that I was leaving. HAHAHA
    So I came home, had a light dinner, finished a cleaning project and later had some green tea.

Ain't it amazing?

A Tale from a Bar

I was more thinking AWESOME!
    You're doing great, Ann :thumbs:
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Absolutely amazing and I bet you felt sooooo proud of yourself!!! You deserve to feel proud too, you're doing sooooo well.
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Great job Ann! I had a similar situation this evening at a youth sports function. As soon as I sat down the pitchers of beer started accumulating in front of me. I excused myself, went to the bar and ordered a diet coke, and came back up and sat down. Many of the guys who brought the pitchers over hadn't been out with me in over a year, and the expressions on their faces were priceless. I'm not too proud to pat myself on the back....and it's enjoyable to suprise people sometimes.

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Great stuff Ann.

I'm sure you are very proud. Keep it going.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Thats Deadly Ann, well done!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Ann good for you shouting it out and pround :goodjob:
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Great story Ann! You should be so proud.

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Ann, I love hearing stories like this - I hope it was effortless for you, and look forward to having some of these stories to tell in the future.

SC, as always, you are also an inspiration!

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Loved to read that one (or two-thanks SC) as I remember last summer when I was challenged by the Pinksters to stay off booze and went to an all-day Harley Davidson meet and did not drink all day or all evening. Every stop the harleys made on that beautiful day, everyone ordered drinks. I was tortured all day and it was only towards the end of the day and into the early evening that I started to relax and come to the conclusion that I had done a biker day without booze and that I was starting to have fun in my own quiet, not rowdy way. I was certainly alot more agile for the 'biker games' but was NEVER in the comfy place I want to be when in the company of drinkers. That will come and by reading your stories, I know that it just takes time (and practice).

Thanks again.
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

YOU GO GIRL! AWESOME JOB! Thanks for sharing your success with us, you are an inspiration Ann. Thank you for being here
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

A Tale from a Bar

Tipps - not too comforting for the rest of the drivers out there knowing that the Harley riders were drinking - yikes!

Comment

Working...
                        X