Sister needs help - Antibuse Campral Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys I am not new to this site but I am going to visit my sister who is a severe alcoholic and on a ton of what I believe are unnecessary meds (Seroquel 300 mg cymbalta 90 mg prazosin 2mg doxepin 20 mg mirtazapine 30 mg)

She called me desperate stating she wants to quit so bad but can't that the detox is too much for her, While I had a few minor issues when I quit liquor it was definitely manageable and my addiction was a 10th of the severity as hers, only stating this to relay that I am not sure what she is going thru seeing as I did not have issues and have never been on any medications..... so a few questions:

Should I get her to medically detox?
    Should we try and get her weened off some of these meds?
    She is considering antibuse and or campral - can these be taken together? Can they be taken while weening off all her other meds?
    Also just any general advice on antibuse and campral would be helpful.

I have done a little reading thru the site but this came up late last night I am at work now and leaving in just over an hour to drive 4 hours to see her so I was hoping I could get a little advice in time....

Thank you guys!!!!!
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

I would defiantly have her seek some type of medical care for this.

FYI - When I was on Prozac I believe that's when my drinking became worse although there is no medical proof.
    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

I'm so sorry Vliven!.... I'm really concerned as to why so many meds & the strengths? She must be seeing a Dr, a PDr? Taking all those & drinkin, can't be good!... They don't work properly when drinking anyway! Oh that poor woman!.... Have you reached out here on the meds board? There are some very smart & kind peeps here. Still, she needs professional help soon, I believe. If she were my Sister, I'd taker her to Detox! I also wouldn't stop any of her meds, or add anything!.... Let the Dr's who went to medical school do their jobs!.... I think this is what your on your way to do. Don't forget to take care of your sobriety too!... :l

Comment

I agree with Wildflowers, you should take her to a medical detox facility. The many drugs that she is taking complicates matters. I think it is best to seek professional help, it will be her best chance for success.
        Take care, you are a good sister. She is very lucky to have you.
        R4L
        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

I think she could take AB and Campral but that other mix is messy. 300 of Seroquel would make me a zombie personally.

Definitely needs medical intervention.

Comment

COS I agree and she is just going to talk to a Dr. about all of it.... Thanks
            And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Working...
            X