The Mod Hatters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Drinkinga - glad you are feeling betterl!!

SKendall - Sounds like me. Body craved the sugar and mind craved the buzz. Been pretty bad with the sugar lately too. I had been doing better but all of a sudden, it's like I'm surrounded by it and I can't keep out of it. Oh well, at least I'm not drinking.

I did take the alcohol dependency test. I only came up with 13 so either I wasn't honest in my answers or I have changed a lot in the last year. I based my answers on the last year like it said to do. And on a couple of the questions, I did hesitate because the answer was different in the past. But, I think the bottom line is that I would slide very quickly back into the daily, heavy drinker. I used to drink 1-1/2 to 2 bottles of champagne a night approximately 4-5 times a week. Wow! Now when I have one of my drinking times, I would still drink that much. But, it would a be one night event. I might drink for a few times during that week but not that heavy. So, I do have to say that I see such an improvement in myself.

But, let's face it, that is not a normal amount to drink. So, I need to avoid drinking. That is why I tend to lean towards being AF. It just makes everything easier all the way around for me. But, I have also reached a point where I am not so angry at myself if I do have a drink. As long as I can see that I have had weeks of being AF and that it is only a day or two where I did drink, then I am not going to beat myself up. Not perfect but so much better.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Will stay AF today no matter how stressful the next 5 days will be. Wish me luck! I'm determined to stay AF!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Good luck Alcoholic! No matter the stress, I'm sure you can do it.
        Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
        When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Wow...what a great thread...I am so happy to see posters from all over the MWO boards chiming in here...Eve, thanks so much for getting this ball rolling!
          Alco, good luck with your resolve!
          Zen, I love kitties, and your avatar always makes me smile. I spend time in Florida, am here now, in fact, so tend to notice when other MWO ears mention Florida...
          Plus, Nora, nice to see you here, too! In spite of my time in Florida, and I DO love the beach, I am very, very white, seems to me you mentioned also not being a person who tanned in spite of living in a sunny clime...
          And, D, so glad Hurricane Sandy has gone and you are all ok.
          As nearly everyone else has mentioned, I, too, am very glad I no longer drink the way I used to, and give much of the credit to the info I found here at MWO...plus, I am determined to give myself kudos for AF times and days, to not glorify AL, but also, to not be hard on myself when I stray.
          Adding to one's negative feelings has got to be counterproductive in the long run, IMO!
          and, I wish all of us a happy, healthy November! FFP
          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hiya Farfalla! Where about in Florida are you... I'm South. We're having fantastic weather just now... hope it's as nice where you are. (Mama Bear lives in North Florida btw…)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Zen,

I'm in Naples, southwest Florida...which coast are you on? I remembered that Mama Bear was in Jacksonville... Is that your very own white kitty in the picture? if so, I send him/her a pat.... FFP
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

And, Alco, I just wanted to wish you good luck during your stressful week ahead...sounds as if a lot of fortitude will be required, and I wish you well ... FFp

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Yep, I second that Alcoholic... good luck hon!!!

Farfalla... I'm in Boca. No, that's not my kitty but I have one that looks just like him in grey. ) I have two... Dougie and Hamish... Hamish is a recent addition.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Zen: is that a
                    REAL kitty or a stuffed animal?

If Florida still hot? Southern ca is getting kinda chilly,
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

I've been having some sugar cravings today, but I resisted. To top it off, one of my students made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and brought the whole pan to my desk! I still didn't eat one. For the most part though, eating low carb and staying away from the white stuff: sugar, bread, pasta, has made me crave it less. I think it helps with AL cravings as well.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

LG, good for you...I've been giving in to the urge to have a peanut butter cup two or three times a day, and DID finish the candy corn yesterday... will work on cutting back, starting tomorrow...FFP

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

LG - I think that avoiding the sugar does help with AL cravings. I have been craving alcohol today out of the blue and like I said, I've been going crazy on the sugar/junk food for the past couple of days. Time to get that back on track.

Alco - I was just complaining to my son that it's getting colder here. But, hubby was telling me that it was going to be in the 90's this weekend. We shall see.

FFP - I am the one that doesn't tan at all. I just burn & peel. I've finally learned that it's not work damaging my skin so I slather on the sunscreen to protect it.

Zen - I still haven't seen any pics of the new addition.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

LibraryGirl;1403952 wrote:
                            For the most part though, eating low carb and staying away from the white stuff: sugar, bread, pasta, has made me crave it less. I think it helps with AL cravings as well.
                            It definitely helped me on previous quits cutting out carbs & sugar as much as possible and lost a stone effortlessly because of it. Still craving on this quit though so biccies & soda float last night. I think it does help reduce AL cravings so will have to get back on it, at some point!

:hallo: everyone
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Lg: once I quit alcohol, I eat more sweets. I have 5 lbs to prove it

Zen: thank u for the encouragement

Nora: I think your husband is wrong about the 90 degree thing. I hope he isn't a meteorologist by trade...

D from ct: thank you, too. Tomorrow it'll be over so I'm hitting the books tonight so I can sound intelligent Hope you've had luck finding that replacement you talked about...

Hi, ff, ffp, and everyone. Hope everyone have a safe exciting or peaceful Sunday!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Good luck alc! I had to testify against someone once and it was a bit nerve wracking, I was also worried about retribution, not professionally but more on a personal level because this person knew where I lived. It will be over before you know it, and no one pays much attention to crackpots like that person anyway, even if she tries to make you look bad. Let us know how it goes.

DG

Comment

Working...
                                X