Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Believe In Jesus

I bet you read all 150.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

John 3:16. Matthew 3:17. Luke 3:18. It was a very close race.
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

"WF ..... with all due respect WTF are you on about? "Try reading it again using a diff mind set, diff approach. Think of me as a friend, or a child... Perhaps cultural diff to. Lol.... Not sure where I lost you, maybe all of it... When you communicate with one of your kids sometimes you have to be creative, use diff analogies, or even metaphors. Your smart Kuya...

"You mention ' live and let live' ...... What like you did me on my atheism thread ? Hmmmmmmmm __________________"

Kay, the diff is about showing respect like Mr. G kindly pointed out. Your thread preaching & hammering about peoples beliefs, practices values.... Yes, I think Liz's was a bit to.... Tho to a lesser degree imo. Well about the hell part... I don't profess to know or understand everything Kuya. God's a mystery. In fact I agree with you on a few points like Slay.... Not sure if the Bible is inspired or true. Much inspired I think.. But, I don't desire nor have time for debate...

My point is this. The majority at the time of posting were upset with your thread. At the time the founder who created MWO, then later added a 'What We Believe" to her site as majority wanted it and apparently she did as well. See what remains of archives.

Many people in recovery do use an HP to help with their sobriety ~ recovery, along with strengthening other areas in their lives. Because of some AA teachings, along with my own personal thoughts. it's none of my business if you worship pigs hooves blue smurfs elves, etc... Or you worship nothing.... Now granted I may sit back here have a little laugh, smirk or get pissy..

At first I supported your rights to honor your voice, then it became out of hand imo.... Barb slicing. I was the girl to help stop it. I have some skills Kuya that go far beyond my Housewife Goddess duties... Ya should have heard me on the phone yesterday. As you once said that girl has balls. Yes, I caught that one. The diff is the approach, & tone.. knowing when & where.. Knowing I'm wrong as well.

You with all your intelligence & brilliance imo are letting your personal feelings get in the way here. Your behavior pattern is showing up not only here in this section of the website. I think it's coming from a place of pain, anger, fear, ego & control issues. Same with some of you other life issues at hand hun. Ask me how I know. Well it's all about ME... Not that the pain, anger isn't valid, because it is!... There are better ways of handling it!!!...

Look I like you!...It's the behavior, "Lording Over" & sometimes "Bullying". You have no idea how many times I wanted to tell posters to grow the fuck up or other things, but I guess they don't like that here. Lol.... Politics.... Along with bei8ng careful of not really knowing whats going on behind the scenes in peoples lives. Besides who the hell am I to judge.l Yet, I do. Damn't. Plus it's none of "My Business!!!.... The thing is I have to put my name at the top of list of this shite. LMAO. Seriously... "Keep My Hands Inside The Cart"

I will tell you this & then the nice Christians here, can hang my ass if they want. I don't care!.... I've met some very self righteous ones. Not talking about anyone from here. I don't know them. That preacher & I'm not naming which denomination. The one who sent his congregation to a gay funeral to protest.... Well, my super soaker that's seen a few raft trips and my smaller one filled with mustard, would surely like to have a good long squirt. They have no business doing that at all.... Condemnation, shame, guilt... Feck em...

You have no business coming here or chasing others... Telling them the way you do... Condeming their beliefs. You don't want to believe fine.. Great.... Leave others alone. No business putting them down on your thread. Damn't Kay. It's like mind your own business.... Did I tell you remind me of my hubs sometimes..... OK, me to. We all have opinions & like being right. Power & control. You know the saying about opinions.

You can still be an Atheist, but you don't have to tear apart & trash Christians... Yes, I did it to.... You pushed the red antagonizing button & held it down.... Like wise with Christians.

In a public faceless forum where there can be wide range of diversity this shite can happen....... But you know what? It doesn't have to Kay. There are choices. Plz remember a big diff between these two groups is that one group may use faith as a tool in sobriety & recovery... Why would you want to take that away from someone? I call upon Jesus often for help!.... Of course there's those self righteous groups who will say pray it all a way.... That's not how God works imo, at least not all the time!!! I'm happy when it helps, but I personally needed a lot more!!!.... Doesn't change my faith, my believes, well not today!!!.... Suffering is part of the unity. Well, for all creatures small & lg.

Play nice......or there won't be any bread pudding.... Yes, I'm still nuts.... Yeah....

I wrote all this a few hours a go. I see your pretty little head went for a spin... You got all upset & had to go edit, add to your post being spiteful. It was nicer before. No name calling.... Childish... tantrums again.. Yes, I have them to sometimes. Try takeing a time out. Mediation is a useful tool.

By the way if you read RJ's posts she supported people in AA as many early MWOer's also went to AA. She said tackling this serious problem called Alcoholism ~ Addiction using a comprehensive approach is how many people were successful. I think she'd likely be happy & wouldn't give a rats ass how anyone found there way out Kuya. Just that they did.

I don't even member what else you said in your edited post, but I'm guessing I don't want to. I hope you have a relaxing evening.

Take good care.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Who the feck is KAY ???? :H

You write this as though you know me.......yet you don't even know my name.

And isn't it forum etiquette for reasons of privacy NOT to use member's real name on posts?

If I WAS called KAY I might be REALLY pissed off, eh?:goodjob:

Anyhow bye to you WF and all the best. You have done so well and hope you are still off the smokes.

I am leaving the forum contentedly sober so you need not worry about me challenging your beliefs anymore.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Bye bye

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

This makes me sad to read this stuff. I know we can always ignore posts but I am human and do read them for better or worse.

I am a christian and it has helped me but I do not harbor any resentment or anger or pity for those who do not believe.

Live and let live. I know I have made mistakes here but I really do try not to be cruel. Sometimes the written word is harsher than intended but in reading some of the posts here I truly believe the harshness is intended to hurt.

I will take this as a lessen to be kinder to people here and in real life.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Oh gosh - I so agree with Red - I usually ignore posts that I don't agree with. Chiller posted this to say that HE believed in Jesus. It has since gone to hell in a handbasket.

I am so sad to read this. I know that we are all entitled to our own opinions but I had for some silly reason thought that the what we believe threads were nice........

I shall - at much risk of saying this ....... say God Bless you all,

love and hugs, sun XXXXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've read on MWO. What's with all the anger? Where's the support? When I read something like this I'm glad I'm mainly on the Med Thread.

The only reason I came to this thread is because I sent Kuya a message telling her I was pleased to continue doing what she'd asked of me. You see, when I nervously made my first post on the med thread she welcomed me within 10 minutes. I was so relieved to get a response. I don't know how vulnerable you all felt when you came on here. About a month later I PMed her and thanked her. She told me the way to thank her was to greet new posters which I do.

Two days ago a former newbie let me know how much my greeting meant to him. This is why I sent Kuya a PM to again thank her. She replied she had left MWO. I looked into her posts and found this thread. What a shame for everyone who got so invested in individuals' personal beliefs.

Just what a shame

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Kroncarr,

Good for you on trying to help newbies. I remember how shy and nervous I was my first few days on MWO.

Positive help is what is needed on MWO.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

i believe

I think it would be a really good idea for people to post on this thread "I BELIEVE IN JESUS" to refrain from posting on it if they don't believe.

It would be so nice to state my belief, share my trust with other believers. It would be so nice to have conversations with other believers of Christ.

Go start another thread for un-believers and let the believers support each other.

Please and thank-you.

-S-

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Thelaststraw,

I agree with you.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

I believe

ya it would be good.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

thelaststraw;1520604 wrote: I think it would be a really good idea for people to post on this thread "I BELIEVE IN JESUS" to refrain from posting on it if they don't believe.

It would be so nice to state my belief, share my trust with other believers. It would be so nice to have conversations with other believers of Christ.

Go start another thread for un-believers and let the believers support each other.

Please and thank-you.

-S-
                            I totally agree with you!

I do believe in Jesus and I find peace and happiness in myself knowing that he is real and loves me. I try to live and love and learn everyday. I am not perfect but I am happy and peaceful.
                            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

I agree, BUT that is exactly Kuya's point...she started a thread for atheists and it was eventually shut down due to the belligerent posts she was getting from the Believers! It was nuts!
                              I wholeheartedly believe that this section of the boards should be removed, it only causes ill will....Religion and Politics...2 subjects you should never bring up!!!
                              Neither side can really prove one way or the other but both sides will die trying. B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

let believers share their belief

if you don't believe, don't post

Comment

Working...
                                X