I'm an Evolutionist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an Evolutionist

God;1539210 wrote: If thou wilt transform thy mind, then I will transform thy bike!
    Hilarious!!!!!

I believe that different life forms have existed throughout the billions of years since God created the universe. Most species ended up in extinction as will the human race one day. I don't believe that one species evolves to another.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

There is no evidence of any kind that there ever was a creation. So you have adopted the cosmological point of view the the earth is 13.7 billion years old? There is a huge gap between cosmologies answer and the old testament answer. If you add up all the generations from Adam to Jesus and assign a numerical value of 25 years/generation the old testament age of the universe is about 5,000 years. How to you account for the difference lizker. Also, explain what is so hilarious about this thread if you don't mind. And if you would, please, answer this question. Why would a creator god create living creatures that have to eat each other to live? It doesn't make since. I welcome your comments.
      Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.
      If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Hello
        back again to see how goes this thread... kind of what I expected, those believe on way and those who believe another.

So I thought I'd stick my oar in the water: I believe in evolution... too much evidence exists to really dispute that. I don't believe in any entity exists that I was taught to believe, you know the god that has the good/bad list. Too many good people harmed for that BS. Can't go with the 7 day creation thing. Now some of these folks may have existed who felt strongly about their faith, Jesus, Muhammad, and leave us not forget the Buddah and I feel their beliefs were also of a political nature, what with the Romans and all.

I find it interesting to read near death experiences that people have had and seeing a light. One thing I found is that there is static electricity that I saw when I was having eye trouble. The eye doctor explain the flashes I was seeing in the corner of my eyes were just that. (I thought I may be having a detached retina)

I get a headache thinking about infinity, space, is there a wall out there, if there is it has to go on endlessly, stuff like that, so my beliefs are simple, believe what I see and enjoy my days as they come.
        BUT the point is this is what I believe and I don't give a rats ass if I'm right or wrong, cause there is no right or wrong, only opinions. The thing is having an open discussion about this with out it getting personal.

I looked back on the beginnings of whether to have this "what we believe" and there were a lot of posts not for it because of conflicts that could arise. I see conflicts in the "I believe in Jesus" when others poke in and say it all bunk and yet the very ones who complain about their thread being abused don't mind abusing those who don't believe.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

God, I was impressed that a website would have a forum titled "What We Believe" and have created a thread for public comment. I don't fear biblical passages or a god, but I do fear people who believe in god, just look what Adolf Hitler and Osama Bin Laden did. Now since you ignore my questions in your post, would you please read Numbers chapter 31 and lets discuss it.
          Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

im so over these"what we believe"threads,all they do is start debate,ill be ignoring these when they pop up from now on
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

neferkamichael;1540030 wrote: There is no evidence of any kind that there ever was a creation. So you have adopted the cosmological point of view the the earth is 13.7 billion years old? There is a huge gap between cosmologies answer and the old testament answer. If you add up all the generations from Adam to Jesus and assign a numerical value of 25 years/generation the old testament age of the universe is about 5,000 years. How to you account for the difference lizker. Also, explain what is so hilarious about this thread if you don't mind. And if you would, please, answer this question. Why would a creator god create living creatures that have to eat each other to live? It doesn't make since. I welcome your comments.
              God clowning you is hilarious. Not that you deserve to be clowned. You are basically seeking for your beliefs to be affirmed which may be hard to do on a forum like this. I am not of the Biblical timing about the creation of the planet earth. Geologically, it does not add up. It takes millions of years for plants and animals to turn into oil deposits The Genesis account of creations is accurate in the order of creation but the timing IMO does not add up. Science is a gift from God to help us understand how he created things. According to scientific and geological evidence, several different species have existed and been extinct.
              Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

I'm not seeking affirmation and I suppose I expect more discussion than the direction this thread has gone, and I probably should have worded my initial post differently, but still, the forum is What We Believe, offered by the website, so I thought perhaps there would people interested in expressing their believes openly. I am interested in wht other people believe

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

god a spamer?
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Samstone;1540579 wrote: god a spamer?
                    More like an hilarious troll.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

I finally have something I can believe in:
                      “Pastafarian” wins right to wear strainer on government ID - Salon.com
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

That's something positive for a change Samstone, finally starting to move along. Thanks. :goodjob:

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

when I am on my death bed, I will get comfort in the fact that I was a good person, and I righted the wrongs I did in my life, and that I can now become the stardust that I was made from.
                          10-06-2012

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

i like world pantheism as well.

Is your spiritual home right here on Earth? | World Pantheism
                            10-06-2012

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

Bettygirl, thank you for the link. I have read about panthiesm and it is much more palatable than the god of the old testament. I like the idea of god as not a "being", some kind of identity that forces and commands us living creatures around. Although it seems to me it still implies and all powerful force and possibly a creation. Evolution is what makes sense to me, I find it fascinating that life spontaneously by chance. It's only a matter of time before humans figure it all out.

Comment

I'm an Evolutionist

I've always found it interesting the Quaker belief that there is the inner light, the seed in each of us, that of the creator that is a commonality with each person. So there is that of god in everyone, thus to go to war is wrong. Light is a very common theme as is stillness.

Enjoyed the pantheism site, thanks BG

Never have studied the Shakers much, the celibacy thing kind of was over the top... self destructive. Did ride by and saw one of the barns in Maine... wished I had time to go in and look.
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X