Why is nobody else saying it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely "Djr" is alluding to having supposedly heard from "Kuya", who left because everyone thought she was too blunt and judgemental, and frankly, while we're at it, "Dixon" is clearly a load of old nonsense that keeps resurfacing and getting pandered to. It is wonderful in some ways that they get tolerated because you are all a loving caring community but surely I am not the only one thinking this of these names and some others?! Yes, I generally read instead of posting as I lose track of the Newbies Nest cos I can't log in that regularly but I love seeing the genuine stories unfold, relating to people, and things like this just wind me up. And no, I am not a "troll", just someone who genuinely follows the stories of those trying alongside myself to get well. Not become better people - we are not bad people, we are ill people trying to get well.

Yes there absolutely are bullshit posters on this website and after you have been here for awhile you do see which ones they are. Sometimes it upsets me that people don't call it out. I think there are many more of us who do see it than don't, I think most people figure it isn't worth the energy to deal with them. I do feel sorry for the people who do get sucked in by obvious BS, they are generally the ones who need help the most.

I have been lucky to find a way to get sober and now have over 2 1/2 years free of AL. I hope the ones who are still struggling truly find a positive mentor on here or in real life to guide them.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Also, as a general rule the bs posters are not regulars. They come here for a short time and cause problems and then leave. So I guess that could be why others don't get involved.

Comment

I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Lori - I suppose you are right that they come for a short time and then leave. But I do try to feel some compassion (without being a pushover) as some people have a hard time expressing themselves and it's easy to misinterpret someone's true intent. I keep a fair amount of reserve in my pocket for such posters but I think on the whole...most people are here for one reason. To quit and STAY quit!

Comment

Sake123;1572997 wrote: I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Lori - I suppose you are right that they come for a short time and then leave. But I do try to feel some compassion (without being a pushover) as some people have a hard time expressing themselves and it's easy to misinterpret someone's true intent. I keep a fair amount of reserve in my pocket for such posters but I think on the whole...most people are here for one reason. To quit and STAY quit!
          I agree with you on that. I tend to be very cynical of things that don't look and feel right to me. Most times I try to stay quiet about it because I definitely could be wrong. I have learned the hard way to limit my trust and there are things you learn with age and experience so I just try to go with my gut, but yes I can be harsher than others.

Comment

I have been here three years and have seen so much petty infighting and drama that I tend to stick to my "safe" places.....I remember saying a long time ago that I choose joy over drama, so I ignore these people.
            Shame on me if they are genuinely in trouble, but my mental health, sobriety and peace are #1 for me!!
            That being siad, I have some dear, true friends on here that I would do anything for.
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1573005 wrote: I have been here three years and have seen so much petty infighting and drama that I tend to stick to my "safe" places.....I remember saying a long time ago that I choose joy over drama, so I ignore these people.
              Shame on me if they are genuinely in trouble, but my mental health, sobriety and peace are #1 for me!!
              That being siad, I have some dear, true friends on here that I would do anything for.
              I am also staying out of it now....

There is no shame needed as he doesn't seem to be in any trouble at all - in fact he has been sober thirty years. X

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to notice the same spelling mistakes, strange punctuation etc. I almost left a couple of months ago as realised one person was posting under two identities and reported shocking news.... Say no more....
              AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Lori - I hope you don't think I was accusing you of being harsh. I am not. Wise and aware of the world is more like it.

Comment

Sake123;1573010 wrote: Lori - I hope you don't think I was accusing you of being harsh. I am not. Wise and aware of the world is more like it.
                  Oh no, not at all - I just think to myself sometimes maybe I am being to harsh. I am sorry that I may have worded that wrong in the post.:l

Comment

I didn't think so but wanted to clarify. Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Comment

I'm with Mama and Wine-no....stick to your "safe" zones and those that lift you up and HELP you....whomever they may be. Its what works for you and you get and stay where you need to be.
                      AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Dang, I forgot all about Kuya, I guess I was gone for a long time..........sure didnt feel like it.

Id agree with the others, I let myself almost get dragged down by a member that used to be on here.....not really worth the time or trouble...help if you can, just read and absorb if you cant.

I could never have a multiple screen name on here.............Im too daym funny :H
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:H I wish we had a 'like' button on here
                          AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

I rarely post - except in my safe zone ... but I so agree - I was dragged down and almost left 'cos of other posters - but I now just ignore them - just stay true to yourself. I know what you are seeing and understand it but just stay focused on YOUR goal !!

Hugs, sun XXX

P.S. HI NELZ !!!!!
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Ok, where is this elusive safe zone? Am I missing a secret thread? :-)
                              AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X