Mile six (day six) on my marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 days and two hours is my first target as some of you know. The equivalent of the 26.2 mile marathon I have run 4 times.

Day Six everybody! (or should I say mile six). On the London Marathon it means that metaphorically speaking I have now reached Cutty Sark!!!! This is a landmark!

musomatt;1573862 wrote: 26 days and two hours is my first target as some of you know. The equivalent of the 26.2 mile marathon I have run 4 times.

Day Six everybody! (or should I say mile six). On the London Marathon it means that metaphorically speaking I have now reached Cutty Sark!!!! This is a landmark!
    I forgot to mention, that last night between around 5 and 7 pm was bloody miserable. But as soon as I got into the evening (that was after going to the gym in the afternoon) I felt okay.

This morning - I've been to the gym and went for a swim with the kids this morning and it was lovely. I also enjoyed a wonderful cuddle on the sofa last night with my youngest which was special. I feel great today.

Although I find AF hard, I am trying to focus on enjoying the benefits it brings, instead of moping about what is missing. Its very early days. But even yesterday I just came on and posted here around 7pm. And it made me feel a whole lot better doing so.

My mood today is 'grateful'.

Comment

Hey Matt, you're doing a fantastic job-- well done on those 6 miles! You've got a strong mind and ways of working through the hurdles of the marathon-- now you're doing it here. Aren't those cuddle times wonderful? How old is the little one? Which is the first difficult mile in a marathon for you? Just curious--

Comment

I love your AF marathon plan. Mile six is fantastic! Good luck to you!
        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Well done Matt, you are doing g:goodjob:reat!
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
          X