21 days to replace a bad habit - fun read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I'm on Day 8 of abs/sugar free/carb free, going for my 30 after a month or so of mods but wanted some extra incentives on "changing my habit", so I found a time limit...

Only 21 days to start and I'm going the extra 9 to solidify it!:lol It's a fun read..

Create A Positive Attitude Habit in 21 Days

By Patricia Wagner

Would you be surprised if I told you that attitude is more important that aptitude when it comes to success?

Thomas Edison was a great example showing the importance of attitude. He invented the light bulb due to tremendous persistence in spite of continual failure.

You see, he tried 10,000 times to get his light bulb invention to work, but failed each time. He wasn't discouraged though. After all, he had discovered 10,000 ways that his light bulb idea wouldn't work. And that's how he looked at his setbacks.

This type of attitude toward life can actually be learned. But it has to be installed into our lives purposefully.

It's been said that it takes about 21 days to create a habit. So if you want to learn the art of perseverance, you'll need to develop a positive attitude mind-set.

Here's my own personal 21-day program to help turn a negative attitude into a positive one. Why not try it and see what happens.

1. Take charge of your thought life.

Plan to make a new habit of dwelling on encouraging thoughts instead of discouraging ones.

Emotions tag behind thoughts, so if you want to feel better -- think better. For example, if you keep thinking worried thoughts, soon you'll feel anxious and stressed. Of course, this leads to all kinds of physical problems too.

2. Read material that will inspire and not depress you.

For the next 21 days choose reading material that will plant positive thoughts into your mind. Of course, the best book of all to read is the world's greatest gem of literature -- the Bible.

Reading it has changed countless lives! Why not become a candidate for experiencing miraculous transformation by reading the Bible?

3. Concentrate on helping others rather than focusing on yourself.

For the next three weeks try to see in what new ways you can help other people. By seeking to bless others you may discover the key to opening golden opportunities of fulfillment for yourself.

4. Don't forget to take care of your physical health.

It's hard to escape a negative mind-set when you're not getting enough sleep and when you're not getting proper nutrition. Exercise too is crucial. When feeling down, try taking a brisk walk.

5. Learn the secret of contentment.

I challenge you for the next 21 days to focus on what you do have and not what you don't have. Enjoy your blessings instead of wishing you had what someone else has. Don't forget to be thankful.

Don't forget that adversity can be a friend in disguise. Through it you may learn life-changing lessons that you can share with others when they go through their tough times.

Having a negative attitude toward life can and will harm you. Instead why not follow the five-step plan I've outlined for you in this article and learn to create a positive attitude habit.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

hey CV, Love it! This is going on my fridge!:h :P , Judie

Comment

Thankfulness

Thank you CV for this and all of your informative and encouraging posts. I'm at day 7 of abstinence and feel better than I have in years! I am following the program rigorously (except for the topo) and can see a new life taking shape on the horizon.

One thing I'm sure we all have in common is tons of negative mental baggage and self hatred for our excessive drinking. Now that we have begun a new path and are rewiring our brains and reshaping our bodies it is also time to reinvent our ways of thinking.

As I take my brisk daily walks (which feel sooo good now) I repeat this simple chant over and over in my mind. "Thank you God, thank you God, thank you God."

It calms me down and puts me in a happy, positive and thankful frame of mind as my walking relaxes my body and gets me back into shape.

This week is the first I haven't had a drink in over 15 years and I really mean it when I say, Thank you God!

MattD

Comment

Re: Thankfulness

Great job Matt! I'm on Day 9 of abs myself, although yesterday was a bit of a struggle...so I know how you feel! Keep up the great work! You are doing so good and are 1/3 of a way to your new habit!:h

Comment

Re: Thankfulness

That's awesome Matt! Congrats on 7 days and on having a great attitude. You really can't lose with it. Come on over & join us on the abs board if you'd like- we'd love to have you!

Cynthia this is wonderful. As usual you continue to feed our minds with healthy material. Negative thinking is like junk food, it's easy and fast to access, but it sure makes you feel like crap! So thanks for this nutritious menu. Yum!

Deirdre

Comment

Working...
          X