Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Reasons to Stay Sober

Hi, All:

I was inspired by Wag's 100 sober days and reminded of a practice in elementary school to celebrate the first 100 days of school. In honor of this occasion I thought it would be fun to start a thread for 100 reasons to stay sober. We'll do it like the Roll Call thread. Cut and paste the list into your reply and add your contribution to the bottom of the list. I'll do the first two..

1. I am present for my children whenever they need me.

Hi, All:

I was inspired by Wag's 100 sober days and reminded of a practice in elementary school to celebrate the first 100 days of school. In honor of this occasion I thought it would be fun to start a thread for 100 reasons to stay sober. We'll do it like the Roll Call thread. Cut and paste the list into your reply and add your contribution to the bottom of the list. I'll do the first two..

2. My skin is more clear.

Comment

3. To give myself a chance. The chance to see what i can really do.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

4. I am truly living my life without the constant running commentary in my head that all of my achievements, relationships, and values are a sham and that none of these things have much meaning.

Comment

4. I am truly living my life without the constant running commentary in my head that all of my achievements, relationships, and values are a sham and that none of these things have much meaning.
          5. I have complete access to my three wonderful grandchildren & am enjoying every moment I spend with them!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

5. I have complete access to my three wonderful grandchildren & am enjoying every moment I spend with them!
            6. Being sober is not punishment. It is a gift, to me, and to people who love me. :h
            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
            :hug:

Comment

6. Being sober is not punishment. It is a gift, to me, and to people who love me.
              7. The aches and pains I thought were from aging have disappeared. I run up stairs now.
              You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

6. Being sober is not punishment. It is a gift, to me, and to people who love me.
                7. The aches and pains I thought were from aging have disappeared. I run up stairs now.
                8. I don't wake up at 3am with anxiety and the feeling of sadness and dread.

Comment

9. I have been able to be there for my friends through some difficult times
                  10. I love the freedom from obsession and anxiety over when I can get a fix and the freedom from the compulsion to take the next drink and the next drink and the next drink and the next drink....
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

10. I love the freedom from obsession and anxiety over when I can get a fix and the freedom from the compulsion to take the next drink and the next drink and the next drink and the next drink....
                    11. (sorry if this is TMI.....but...) I love having normal poop! It means the bowels are healing and starting to work properly again!!!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turnagain;1691910 wrote: 1. I am present for my children whenever they need me.
                      11. (sorry if this is TMI.....but...) I love having normal poop! It means the bowels are healing and starting to work properly again!!!
                      12. I appreciate life much more than I did. Instead of walking thru life just being an observer I am not afraid to try new things and participate. Life is not a spectator sport!
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

12. I can misplace and forget things and know that it is not because I was drinking. I can hold my head up and say "I don't remember..."

Comment

12. I can misplace and forget things and know that it is not because I was drinking. I can hold my head up and say "I don't remember..."
                          13. And on the flip side, I'm confident that I do remember what happened and am no longer afraid to stick to my opinion when someone else has a different one.

Comment

13. And on the flip side, I'm confident that I do remember what happened and am no longer afraid to stick to my opinion when someone else has a different one.
                            14. I enjoy food once more and a good meal is no longer just an excuse to drink alcohol.
                            15. I'm fully awake in the mornings and am ready to fully discharge my responsibilities to both my household and my workplace.
                            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

1. I am ready for work everyday and with a clear head (I work at a daycare).
                              2. Lost the hangovers and the regrets.
                              3. Spend more time at home.
                              4. Less money wasted.
                              5. Better feelings about myself.
                              6. No more anxiety about having enough alcohol to get drunk.

I can go on and on.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X