No announcement yet.

December Undies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to another sober birthday!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hey Drifty!!

Long time no see. Glad things are going well.

Have a great birthday!
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning All,
        Yes, thoughts going out to the Asp family. Hope it runs as well as ever anything like that can.

Time for a bit of a domestic goddess day here.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy Hump Day everyone.

Hope it isn't too humid for your domestic goddess day Bridge!

So, yesty I clocked up 13,232 steps. Today I'm venturing into the Rawandan Jungle. Should be quite an adventure, as I've never walked through a jungle before. I hope I get see one of those amazing butterfly colonies. Here's the official blurb. For those I'm boring witless please feel free to scroll on by.....

Stage 2 - Rwandan Jungle - 3/12/2014

Put on a solid pair of hiking boots and pull up your socks, because you’re off to the Rwandan Jungle. Luckily for you it’s the dry season, so humidity will be low, but you’ll still be tackling some high temperatures and a swathe of insects. Best to pack that jungle-strength insect repellent, hey?

But if we’re honest, it’s probably not the bugs that are going to bother you. Keep an eye out for the Silverback Mountain Gorillas that like to hang out amongst the spectacular green savannah. They’re cheeky things, but if you’re quick they’ll probably miss you and focus their attention on Sara instead. A good intake of water will keep you hydrated and ready to take on the rolling hills and dense foliage. Once you’ve completed your hike, sit back and relax in a beautiful lodge that overlooks the jungle and all of its natural beauty.

Clean up day here today. Everyone (cept for moi) is in mufty and it will be all hands on deck to get the place looking 2015 ready. I have a video conference at 12.30 so have had to wear corporate gear but have groovy flats to slip in and out of.

I didn't start my cakes.......it was stormy and humid and I had steps to clock up. Maybe today.....

Go well my friends. Enjoy, participate, contemplate and if your day is filled with chaos try to be peaceful amongst it.
          Mother Theresa

Comment

This GCC thing is quite well done me thinks. Sarah is mentioned in my journey info and you get trophies and inspirational 'stuff' along the way. It gives you something to be involved in during the work day, other than the usual stuff. Whoever writes all the notices, alerts, reminders etc has a cracking sense of humour. I've quite enjoyed the program this year. I doubt I'll be able to get others involved again in 2015 because the hair yanker went on and on about people being away from their desks. Although, they are totally entitled. I might insist (for whoever wants to of course) most of this year's participants being involved again next year.
            Mother Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
              Wow! Good post Nicey.

I've done the wrap in same paper thing too. It's a good idea.

Ummm, you'll have to explain the Budapest sprint to me when I come up.

Going to make some more Paschka and bring it up for ya Nicey.
              It will have a capful of galliano amaretto in it which I don't think will do you any harm.

Hello Drifty. Howzit going?

Tawn? How are you feeling lovey?
              And Happs? How are you my sweetheart?

Wish Aspy would call in to let us know how everything went and that he and family are OK.
              Hello lovely Rags!

I've just had a look at the Paschka recipe. I'd never heard of it before.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or weird or ridiculous BUT I really couldn't consume or use anything I absolutely know has any kind of alcohol content. I don't even use listerine, take cough medicine etc because once the thought was in my head that I had indulged it MAY and probably would give the green light to just go nuts - just once, just for one day, just until after Christmas, just until Valentines Day, just until after Easter.......get my drift. I know it sounds stupid. In my head it's just the same as eating a cupcake at little lunch, feeling like I've blown my diet, so I say to myself, I'll go for it today and start again tomorrow. I struggle with all sorts of demons Rags, food (all of my life), grog (most of my life), exercise (either totally obsessed or not at all), love, hate, indifference - you name it, I'm pathological about it.

I hope I haven't hurt your feelings......I feel bad having to tell you I couldn't possibly have it.......sorry!
              Mother Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by nicelife View Post
                . I struggle with all sorts of demons Rags, food (all of my life), grog (most of my life), exercise (either totally obsessed or not at all), love, hate, indifference - you name it, I'm pathological about it.
                Helloooo sister.......Bridget - extreme - excess - Jones here.
                I wouldn't dare either I'm afraid.
                Realised early on that I may as well just accept that I am MAXTREME in all things and move on.:happy2:
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Helloooo sister.......Bridget - extreme - excess - Jones here.
                  I wouldn't dare either I'm afraid.
                  Realised early on that I may as well just accept that I am MAXTREME in all things and move on.:happy2:
                  I like and thank you for your post Ms Maxtreme!

AND I do NOT exaggerate when I describe my splendiferous personality! Some days it's tricky being me......LOL.
                  Last edited by nicelife; December 2, 2014, 05:03 PM.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

I beat Sarah......:egad:
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Where's Tawny??? Where's Missy???

Where's Mr G????
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

Hello Darlinks!!

I was in NZ for 5 days and never got around to topping up my NZ SIM ....... just got back yesterday.

We have our "official closure" tomorrow ..... it has all been a bit frantic leading up to this, and we have been working long hours, but once it is over, I'll be spending the rest of the year archiving and cleaning (and it wioll be very welcome!!). I still have no idea what plans my employer has for me in the new year and I've sent them the equivalent of a first warning. I dont want to spend the Xmas period worrying about the future (my contract comes up at the begining of February) so I've notified them that if a decision is not made by the time we stop for Xmas, then I wont be coming back in 2015.

Nicey and Rags ..... once this week is over, my time will mostly be my own. Let me know whether you would like to have a coffee some time in the next couple of weeks. Angel - you too, if you aren't horrendously busy in the lead up to Xmas. Rags - the Erskineville walk would be good, but my arthritic hips wont take more than about an hour.

Angel, you'll be pleased to know that I have been thinking about wedding outfits :-) I've got it down to two options!! Web are going to do some serious planing over Xmas and I will be in touch in the new year. Both options are basically really simple :-) but I'm sure your good taste and creativity can add some spark and fun!!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

WTF is going on????

Had a chance to do a quick log-on this arvo and saw a most hysterically funny post from Mr.G ... hence deleted. Why oh why does this happen?

Hopefully back later with proper, in-depth reportage ...

Comment

Missed it Tawny, but delighted to see you!

Absolutely massive storm here this afternoon/evening. Bit scary. I can imagine what Happs experienced recently.

No cakes made. Intermittent power a great excuse.

13,457 steps today.

Sweet dreams folks.
                            Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning All.

I have nil to report except one of those really defective dreams of mine involving someone putting makeup on the INSIDE of my mouth ........before a show I was to be in .......as a soprano singing Indian woman.......

Yep. That's all I've got.....
                              Have a good one.....
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Ragsy - I'll get back to you asap! Location??

Here's where I am today.....

Stage 3 - Icelandic Volcano - 4/12/2014

Good thing you set your alarm last night, because you won’t be woken by the bright sunshine rising over the volcanic landscape of Iceland today. With the sun up just a few hours each day you’ll begin today’s walk in the dark. So be sure to have a torch handy and start layering up your clothes: sweaters, beanies, and gloves. When the sun finally rises your surrounds will blow you away; steaming geothermal pools, bubbling mud baths and terrain that resembles the moon.

As you pick up the pace you’ll find yourself in the midst of smoking volcanoes towering over fields of lava. While most of the volcanoes in the area are dormant, you’d best stay away from Mount Hekla. Because when he starts rumbling and puffing you won’t want to get lost in a cloud of smoke like Sara seems to have. As your day comes to an end and you settle in to the evening with a long stretch and a nice hot meal don’t forget to look up. The Northern Lights will put on a spectacular neon show that’ll make your trek worth every step.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X