No announcement yet.

Upstanding Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hospital? have i missed something? or is my brain frazzled?

sometimes those plugs are sent to release the tension that is in us in a safe environment.

Comment

Why are you hospitalling today?
      This too shall pass...............you may kill me now.
      And good morning Molls.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

X-post morning Roxxxxxxxy,
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hair sounds nice, JC.

What did I miss, Molly? Hospital? Stress levels - I've learnt here to be on the look out for the small things that could trip me up: I think we're fairly alert to the biggies, and then the small things takes us unawares. Bowling - lawn bowls - old ladies dressed in white. We've a couple of youngsters playing - think I'm sort of in the middle, for a change, age-wise.
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

bowls is a game of angles, speed variation and balls. its one of those maths thingies. not algebra. trigonometry and erm, something else.

Comment

Isn't the Worlds champion about 22 or something.
              Used to love it when Ma in Law played always got a free fluffy white fleece..............Pa in Law is still president of one of the clubs.

I quite like it...............very peaceful to watch.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                orf I go lads --- hopefully getting a date for repairs to my kidney/bladder and womb removal ---- LATERS XX
                Christmas Eve, probably.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

have a good consult.

Comment

I'm off to the orifice............This afternoon ............please be aware of flying staples and some extremely bad language.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all ......
                      Not sure what to say : but trying to deal with the stress of a son that has a serious drinking problem - that because of the time of year has become very noticeable.
                      Not sure what I need to do - if anything :distrust:
                      He cuts a pathetic figure since he moved out from home - thin & frail looking and all my instincts is to get him back here where I can keep an eye on him !

Molls & Jacks have been giving me great advice off-line :heartbeat:
                      Last edited by satz123; December 16, 2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Afternoon army I've had that in the past Molly bloody sink stoppers getting and blocked drains to fix its frustrating lol. I still get some times during the day when I feel a blah of kinda low and I still get bouts of fatigue but doing what I can each day. Wow didn't know that about bowls Roxy I thought it was an easy to play kinda game with rules but maths may be theres more to it just rolling a ball along on a nice well kept lawn lol. Satz I don't know what to say about your son as I have no experience but he sounds like he needs some help and he could be the company he's mixing with and other stuff I hope he can get himself together Talk to Mr Satz and see how you deal with it as a family may be DD could be of some help.
                        Last edited by Guest; December 16, 2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

:hug: Molly I don't like hospital and gp appointments waiting for results and stuff but hope all works out no matter what the outcome when the time comes. Just enoy the xmas/new with family and try not to let it get to you too much. EAsier said tha done sometimes.

Comment

A thorny one, Satzyguin, isn't it? You know both the pain and the elation of drinking, the hard work that goes into quitting and the elation that comes afterwards. Mix in the fact that he's your son and that you love him - I don't really know what you're going through at the moment, but I can make a good guess. But, just as you had to make the decision to stop, so does he - forcing him will probably make him only more resistant and also resentful. Do you think he'll go for counselling, if only to really get him to think about his drinking and the consequences if he doesn't stop? He has to want to help himself first. Sending you loads of hugs.

And to you too, Molly.
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                              jesus --- I hope it IS great advice --- another bit of 'great advice' to most mothers is to go with your instinct...... maybe some wise souls here may have better advice (not better than Jacks --- just me!!!!) it's a horrible situation for you --- I think it probably is nearly worse cos you can understand him and the addiction -- whereas most 'concerned others' can protect themselves with anger..... does any of that make sense??
                              Makes total sense - the anger / frustration bit from Mr S.
                              He has since said he has a plan.
                              Is going to train for a marathon ( Ms A inspired me to prompt him to that)
                              Has joined the gym last week but it was his Christmas Party on Friday night resulting in a hangover that made him hit the 'cure' on Saturday to feel better.
                              Can TOTALLY relate to that one.
                              First steps taken anyhoo !

Comment

Ah poor Molls :hug:
                                I'm sure he knows what's best ?
                                It's best to get it sorted though :angelpals:

Comment

Working...
                                X