No announcement yet.

Honesty. It's hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ava - I am so glad to hear that you are going to spend time with your mom. Do you remember when we started out? We both would have found a week with family (other than our kids) to be excruciating LOL. Amazing how much the mind clears and compassion for others returns once AL is removed from the equation. Have a wonderful time!!

Rusty, my dear friend, it is so nice to hear from you. Yes - this is the same son who guilts me into doing things I shouldn't. I like the suggestion to to get busy and become a person that he (and others) want to be around. I'm going to work on that.

Red & STL - thanks for the support. I'm wobbly emotionally, but I'm strong in my resolve. I won't drink.

A complete stranger did something kind for me today. That's the kind of person I want to become. Take care all.
    Last edited by MossRose; December 28, 2014, 07:37 AM.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I know the pain in your hearts. Addiction is a life changing force so powerful it effects the whole family.

My son 39 has been in the vicious circle of rehab. relapse and jail since he was a teen .
      He has suffered the unthinkable . At his own hands & others. This disease is not the way any parent , brother, sister, father ever wants for their child.. Or Brother ! With all that has happened all the close calls of death at his door he still is called by the demons that lives inside him as my heart slowly dies with him!

This destructive addiction had many followers who leave a family that loves them no matter what!
      "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Working...
      X