Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2019

image.jpg
    Last edited by Lizann; September 1, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Not the great Nora start, but I did the best I could!
    Wishing us all a great AF Labor Day weekend.
    Last edited by Lizann; September 1, 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hello, hello.

Good start off Liz. I didn't remember.

Our baby came to visit last night. She is so wonderful. Makes my heart happy.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy September!!!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yesterday afternoon I received a text - Hi Grandma, I miss you so much, would you be up for a visit from me today? (Sent by my DIL)
          So we had a wonderful evening. She has grown so much since the last time we saw her. 2 weeks is a long time!

Hubby would kill me if he knew I posted this. But, I love this picture of Grandpa and Savannah.
          Last edited by NoraC; September 1, 2018, 10:38 AM.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - thanks for asking about me. Molly's appointment is next Friday.
            Your trip sounds amazing. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. You needed that so much!

Techie - how are you doing? How's the training coaching going?

Bird - did you end up going last night? Was it fun?

When is Glassie back from vacation? I forget if it was a 10 day or longer trip. I hope that she was feeling better and able to enjoy herself.

Pauly - how are things? Are you working today? Is it slow or is it really busy on this weekend? I know that a lot of people travel but I would think a lot of people also want to get haircuts taken care of. I know I need one. LOL My hair is just about all white now on top. I look so funny.

Well, my brother is up in Oregon having things done to Mom's house. Carpet taken out & new flooring in. Different construction type work on the outside. We still have to get it painted which can't be done until the Spring. He has contacted a management company and we do think that we'll be able to rent it. Neither one of us want to sell it - neither one of us own our own homes so it's nice to know that you have a house somewhere and won't be out on the street.

Does anybody have any exciting plans for this weekend? I was all excited to have lazing around in the pool days but I don't know if our weather is going to cooperate.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
              Happy September. Lizann, thank you for starting us off...Nora, what a wonderful pic. She is so cute!! That is good you are keeping the house. I am so thankful for this one. So glad I went to the game last night. DD2 was happy to see me and we talked some. She hugged me when I left, which isn't like her haha. That made my day! Nothing happening here. Kinda tired and took 2 naps today. Went swimming, washed the car. DD1 came over for a bit....tomorrow is the end of the run for her show, so might go a second time. Guess I will settle in and watch a movie.....b

Comment

I had planned on getting so much done today. :rotlf: That didn't happen. I did order some toys for the baby from Amazon. I spent some time in the pool too. It was nice.

Bird - glad that you are spending so much time with the girls. This is really special. You sound happy. :heartbeat:
                Last edited by NoraC; September 1, 2018, 06:49 PM.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all. Didn't do much at all today. I watched John McCanns funeral and ate fudge:eek-new: I walked at the park. It was cloudy this morning, but cleared up some. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], so glad you got to spend time with the baby! That's a sweet picture. Is DIL going back to work? She'll be running around before you know it. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], nice you got to spend time with both girls. None of my kids were huggers there for a spell, those teen years, I guess it's not cool, we are hugging now again as they get older. Sounds like you're enjoying your pool. Haven't been in mine recently, but my sister and Erin used it while we were gone. We did use the lap pool at the resort.

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - thanks again for checking on me. I didn't mean to go missing. Just got so busy with the baby. I got a text from C today - they had to cut her out of her onesie. The poop had gone up and out both sides of the diaper - front & back. :harhar: He said that they got to laughing so hard that they scared the baby and she started crying. :rotlf:
                    What a mess! Glad she didn't do that last night.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Lol [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I can just picture that! Sounds like a very happy little family:love::love:

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

Liz-thanks for starting us off on the new month. Those pictures from Vermont were breathtaking. So glad you could get away. Thank you for your sweet words on last month's thread.:hug: I was the family hugger. None of my siblings were outwardly affectionate. I must get it from my mom's side of the family.

What is everyone up to today? This afternoon, Mom and I are going to my sister's to celebrate the birth of Emelia Jane, as well as my nephew's and great nephew's birthdays.

Nora-that is such a cute picture of hubs with the baby. So glad you got to spend time with her and you didn't have to deal with a dirty ..diaper which was a harrowing experience. Hahah! I hope you can get someone to rent your mom's house. I am delighted that you had some time to yourself and enjoyed your pool.:love:

bird-I am so glad that you have reached a milestone with your kids! So happy for you! Unexpected affection from your daughters...you deserve it. ;-)
                        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], my love, how are you feeling?

Big hellos to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...Happy AF Sunday!!

Comment

Happy September Steppers!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy September, Pauly!:hug: Are you going to IHOP for breakfast? Please lie to me and tell me "NO, of course not!!" Haha! I am jealous...I am craving one of their amazing breakfasts. What are you up to today?

Liz-I watched McCain's funeral too. ;-) What an incredible man....a POW for 5 years!! His bravery is beyond words. I thought everyone who gave eulogies did a good job but I liked Lieberman's the best...great sense of humor.

I just got back from my workout and now I have to clean up the kitchen. Did I tell you all that I bought $150 worth of tickets at church to try and win a "sports package" that had a Green Bay Packers slow cooker in it? Well, I won, and yesterday I decided to make my mom pot roast in the slow cooker...my first time ever. Well, it was a disaster! LOL. I had the heat on High and the meat came out tough and my poor mom, she could barely chew it. Back to the drawing board.

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!!

Comment

Hi all
                              Aww Rusty, sorry about the roast....Lizann, fudge sounds good, Nora I remember those big poops haha...hi Pauly and Techie!!...so went to dd1s last show at the theatre. Since it is all improv it is different every show. A story and it continues each time where they left off. Anyway it was really good and I cried a little along with a few others. ....came home and it rained so I opened the windows and one of them wont stay up so I stuck a drumstick under it that slipped and window fell on my hand and it hurts. So I am watching The Odd Couple. That will make it all better hahaha....b

Comment

Working...
                              X