One Step at a Time - October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Morning friends,hi Sunshine Liz,don't feel like the worlds worst gramma! Things happen with kids,I let Romeo play with a car that pulls back then goes and the back wheel tugged his thigh and pinched him! I wanted to cry so I know how you feel,his left a tiny bruise that I had to tell the kids about what happened,Rusty,feeling better? Got to get my Halloween decs up,this is ridiculous cuz it'll be here before I know it,much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey there everyone. Good to see you all here. I am doing fine thank you. I haven't had a drink in so long and just do not want one (still seems surreal to me). A friend of mine tried Naltrexone and it didn't work and I was telling her about Topa - does anyone remember the name of the book about it? I think it was a famous actress who had had a drinking problem and took it, but I just cannot remember it. Good to see that you are all doing well!
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi all,
        Only 8 kids left to fit. Going back this afternoon and try to finish them. Think I am going to sell my little truck to dd1s bf. He wrecked his car and asked if I wanted to sell it. I never drive it because I don't like it very much....Sun, don't know if you already know, but Rubes passed away awhile back. Glad you have some long term AF! That is good. I don't remember the book name.......Liz sorry Logan got burned. Stuff like that happens sometimes....Pauly have fun with the decs...later....

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
          and now I'm feeling like the worlds worst grandma. I must confess those drinking thoughts are creeping in today. Thought I better come here and just vent. Hope you all have a good day.
          I can see why you're super-annoyed but you know, the world's BEST grandmas, like you and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] and me DON'T DRINK :happy2:! Can you even imagine working a grandkid into that toxic mix?? I would be a wreck and am so grateful that my little guys will never know me as a drinker.

Comment

Oh Bird - no I didn't know. Gosh. I have wondered how she was doing …. thank you for telling me...
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Liz - I'm sure that you felt awful when Logan got burned. But, you know what - things happen. You can't be everywhere at once. :hug: I'm sorry those crazy thoughts were creeping in. Time to get some self care in.

Sunni - I am so happy for you. Isn't it great to not be drinking? What is up with you? How are things? How is the family? I think about you all the time. My life has been a little bit busy with life stuff.

Yesterday as I was leaving work, I just decided to call the kids and see if I could go kiss the baby. So, I went over there and was able to play with the baby. She is so aware now. Looking around. Not able to reach out and grasp her toys but she can reach out and smack it. Ha, ha. Anyway, I got to rock her to sleep while Mommy & Daddy sat down and ate their dinner in peace.

The hot tub is wonderful (at least on day 1 - ask me again in a month. :rotlf: ). It didn't have enough time to warm all the way up so it was only around 94 degrees but it was nice. After it's warmed up all the way tomorrow, it will be great.

Pauly - did you get all decorated? We don't have as many decorations out this year. Unusual for hubby not to have much more. Ha, ha

Bird - bet you will be glad to be done with all the fittings. That's a big job. I had no idea.

Rusty - I hope you are feeling better. And practicing self care :hug:

My self care is my hot tub. Ha, ha And, hubby & I are going for a massage tomorrow. So, lots of self care on my end.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                Went to the park last night for a walk. They were having a rehearsal for a Thriller parade they will have downtown around halloween, a Michael Jackson impersonator and zombies, the zombies are volunteers and anyone can join. A lot of old chubbies out there like me, I thought of trying it but didn't think my old brain could remember all the steps, seemed like they were going through it rather fast. They said it was a simplified version, but even so...heading out for a hike, maybe a new place, then marching band tonight, glad it is a home game....Nora glad you got some baby time in. It was 92 here yest, maybe I don't need a hot tub, as I went swimming haha. I am beginning to wonder if summer will end....Sun we were all saying we missed you a few weeks back. And Rubes had a stroke and never recovered....good day to all

Comment

Morning.

Glassie - this must be it. Have a wonderful time.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora glad you got some baby time in! It's amazing to watch how little ones develop and soak things in, really a wonder and such a joy. Logan is obsessed with the Lucy picture on my phone, I guess he remembers her? He hugs my phone. We were watching videos of her on my phone today and he was just so sweet.
                    BIrd, I love Friday night football. Hope you have a good time! I don't hike much here, but I do walk. Went a totally different direction today and it was enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed your hike.
                    Hope everyone's doing ok. image.jpg. A picture of Logan kissing me, what a little mush:heartbeat:
                    Last edited by Lizann; October 5, 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                      I can see why you're super-annoyed but you know, the world's BEST grandmas, like you and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] and me DON'T DRINK :happy2:! Can you even imagine working a grandkid into that toxic mix?? I would be a wreck and am so grateful that my little guys will never know me as a drinker.
                      This post kind of hurt my feelings a bit,I know I should just let it go but NS I want you to know that I am one of the BEST grammas too even tho I've had mishaps with drinking,I'm involved nearly daily in their lives and I do a damn good job,I don't drink around the boys and would never I shouldn't have even bothered to post about this but being left out bugs me,anyhoo,Liz thats a great pic,Bird you sure stay busy with the band kids,wishing everyone a happy AF Saturday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aww [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you are a fantastic grandma! I can understand why that would've bothered you and kudos to you for addressing that here!
                        What's everyone up to today? Kinda cloudy and cool here today. I'm off to decorate the "venue" for this 70th birthday party I'm organizing tomorrow. My "helper" bailed on me this morning, although she has done nothing anyway to contribute. Erin is coming to help me. I work better alone anyway.
                        Have a great Saturday everyone!

Comment

Nora glad you got some baby time in! It's amazing to watch how little ones develop and soak things in, really a wonder and such a joy. Logan is obsessed with the Lucy picture on my phone, I guess he remembers her? He hugs my phone. We were watching videos of her on my phone today and he was just so sweet.
                          BIrd, I love Friday night football. Hope you have a good time! I don't hike much here, but I do walk. Went a totally different direction today and it was enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed your hike.
                          Hope everyone's doing ok.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - I am so glad that you said what was bothering you. That is important. You are a fantastic grandma!! You are such a loving person in their lives. :hug: I honestly don't think that NS meant it as a snub at all. I think she just mentioned who was in her mind at that time. I know that I have done that where I forget to mention people when I make a post.
                            But, after seeing you address what was bothering you makes me realize that I need to step up and do that in my life as well. Instead of dwelling on it & playing it over & over in my head, I need to just say it (thinking of what I want to tell my brother right now :rotlf: ) So, thank you for that.

Liz - sorry that you get stuck decorating but I'm glad that Erin is going to go help you. Sounds like you're not surprised your helper abandoned you. And, oh my gosh, Logan is so dang cute!!! Kissing you. What a sweetie pie. Ahh, he must remember Lucy. :heartbeat:

Bird - so, are you busy, busy with the girls this weekend. I meant to tell you that it would have been so cool if you & I could have joined in that dance. I'm a klutz but I would have been it up for it.

Rusty - I hope you are getting some self care in. You have had a lot going on in your life right now. And I'm sorry that your work is stressful or overwhelming or just plain irritating right now. How is your Mom doing?

Glassie/Gladys - I'm ready for details. How was the wedding? :yay:

Sunnie - what are you up to now? Are you still working? Have you talked to Fennel? Oh - I think of you both so much.

Well - I still love the hot tub after Day 2. LOL Actually, the water was too warm last night. We had it set to the 104 thinking it wouldn't really heat. Wrong! It was hot. But, oh so nice. So, we've adjusted the temp to 100. Sounds good. Maybe I'll go in soon.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I really hate that I can only have 4 smilies in my posts. I would have just filled my previous post up. I had to go remove most of them :harhar:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You are right, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and I apologize. You are an amazing Grandma and if I hadn’t just dashed out that message without stopping to think about the regulars in this thread, I never would have left you out. I’m glad you mentioned this and gave me the chance to say I’m sorry. I need to keep in mind that it’s better not to post at all than to inadvertently hurt someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X