Jan 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jan 19th

Sam ...great pics ...love how you got the bird to sit horizontally !!!

If you don't slow down when you see a police car,

You're probably parked.

I recently had a holiday in Jamaica but wasn't allowed to speak or dance for the whole two weeks.

I didn't have my jiving licence.
    After having their 11th child, a Liverpool couple decided that was enough, as the social wouldn't buy them a bigger bed and they weren't strong enough to nick one, the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a firework, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Scouser said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me, it will do the job", said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand...

This procedure also works in Birmingham, parts of Essex, Sunderland, Aberdeen and anywhere in Wales.

A man was driving through west Texas one spring evening. The road was deserted and he had not seen a soul for what seemed like hours. Suddenly his car started to cough and splutter and the engine slowly died away, leaving him sitting on the side of the road in total silence.

He popped the hood and looked to see if there was anything that he could do to get it going again. Unfortunately, he had a limited knowledge of cars, so all he could do was look at the engine, feeling despondent As he stood looking at the gradually fading light of his flashlight, he cursed that he had not put in new batteries, like he had promised himself.

Suddenly, through the inky shadows, came a deep voice, "It's your fuel pump."

The man raised up quickly, striking his head on the underside of the hood. "Who said that?" he demanded.

There were two horses standing in the fenced field alongside the road and the man was amazed when the nearest of the two horses repeated, "It's your fuel pump. Tap it with your
    flashlight, and try it again."

Confused, the man tapped the fuel pump with his flashlight, turned the key and sure enough, the engine roared to life.

He muttered a short thanks to the horse and screeched away.

When he reached the next town, he ran into the local bar.
    "Gimme a large whiskey, please!" he said.

A rancher sitting at the bar looked at the man's ashen face and asked, "What's wrong, man? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's unbelievable," the man said and recalled the whole tale to the rancher.

The rancher took a sip of his beer and looked thoughtful.
    "A horse, you say? Was it by any chance a white horse?"

The man replied to the affirmative. "Yes, it was! Am I crazy?"

"No, you ain't crazy. In fact, you're lucky," said the rancher, "because that black horse don't know shit about cars."

The night before my Grandfather died, my Grandmother smeared grease all over his back…

…he went down hill very quickly after that!

Two chickens chat as they are walking along.

"I think I'm going to cross the road"

"I wouldn't.

You'll never hear the ****ing end of it."

Wife to Norm: "What's your excuse for coming home at this time of the night"?

Norm to wife: "Golfing with friends, my dear".

Wife to Norm: "What? At 2 a.m"?!

Norm to wife: "Yes. We used night clubs".

A blonde began a job as a primary school counsellor, and she was most eager to help. One day during break time she noticed this boy standing all by himself on the side of a playing field while the rest of the kids enjoyed a game of football at the other. Sandy approached him and asked if he was alright.

The boy said he was.

A little while later, however, she noticed the boy was still in the same spot and still by himself.

Approaching again, Sandy said, "Would you like me to be your friend?"

The boy hesitated, then said, "Okay," looking at the woman suspiciously.

Feeling she was making progress, Sandy then asked, "Why are you standing here all by yourself?"

"Because," the little boy said, "I'm the fking goalie!"

A man was walking home alone late one foggy night, when behind him he
    hears:

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image
    of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street
    toward him.

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing
    quickly behind him

FASTER...

FASTER...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes
    in, slams and locks the door behind him.

However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket
    clapping

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

on his heels, the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in. His heart is
    pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket breaks down the door.

Bumping and clapping toward him.

The man screams and reaches for something, anything, but all he can find
    is a bottle of cough syrup!

Desperate, he throws the cough syrup at the casket...

and guess what.....

The coffin stops :thumbsup:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

OMG Mick - the coffin stops, HA HA!!!! Good one

I need a good laugh after watching the beginning of the impeachment trial this afternoon. Those Republican buzzards are still obstructing every time they open their mouths
      Keeping essential documents hidden & refusing to have witnesses testify is their MO.
      You may want to change your vacation plans Mick. Glad to hear the bunnies are in good shape, you too!!

PQ, glad things are good for you.
      Is your son on medication & seeing a therapist? I sure hope so, it’s the best way to handle those dreadful lows.

Pauly, I would have a hard time watching other people’s kids too. I could certainly do it if I had to but it’s not something I would choose to do. It’s different when they’re family, right?
      My younger grandson, the guy with his own troubles actually told his mother this weekend that I was a nice person to be making joey bags for the injured animals in Australia. That is the first time I have ever seen him pull his head out of his a$$ long enough to see what someone else was doing & make a compliment. Progress, finally after nearly 9 years, Lol

Det, i hope today’s photoshoot goes well for you! I know you’ll have fun anyway!!

Hey Sam, those buzzards are so gross. I always see at least 2 or 3 of them sitting on my neighbors roof across staring at my house, Lol
      Looks like you got more snow than I did. Hope your day was good!

Hi Cyn, hope you are well!

I have someone working on some designs for me with a lawyer theme & one with a doctor theme. I like to use stock designs when I can but everything i found was so babyish looking. These pillows are for grownup professionals not kids. Trying to keep everyone happy!
      Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm glad your daughter is thinking of getting another rescue cat. I never did get another cat after I had to put mine down. Glad it wasn't a deep cut, messy ones are bad enough. Son is doing a bit better, he's trying to keep himself busy so my house just continues to get clean. LOL Going to read the jokes when I finish this post.

Sam...sounds like things are same old, which is nice as it means no drama. Nice pics, I too love the creek. I don't have an Iphone but I'm sure you could google that.

Pauly...I kinda chuckled too about Mick's comment on Cyns dog. I'm with you about professional child minding, not for me. I agree this is a shitty time of year for moods and it usually hits at this time. His deadline for cleaning up his property was yesterday, then the county comes in to do the rest and send him the bill. I'm sure that's what bringing this episode on.

Det...I hope you had good weather for your drive to UT. I've actually been to St George. Glad you're betterish as well. It's hard when we are lacking energy. Sounds like your change of plans for Sat was just what you needed.

Lav...you're a brave woman watching the impeachment trial, the highlights on the news is good enough for me. Yes, my son is on medication and is seeing a therapist. I'm just hoping he's open and honest with him. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with for the lawyer & doctor adult theme. Remember you can't make everyone happy. LOL

Shout out to PM3 & TG

Continuing to love the warm weather we're having and there's been no drama at work so life if good. Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Lots of laughs here today, thanks! Mick, ha, long walk! the sad thing is that my poor pup in reality can't really walk very far at all due to a puppyhood injury - that's what put him in Rescue, where I met him. God bless that dog, he is just a special guy. I meant to say how very sorry I am for your daughter's loss of the cat... sheesh that is tough. I'm glad she is thinking of a new one. Thx for the jokes!

Lav, so good to hear about your grandson - is he really already 9? I remember when you were doing the baby shower for his older brother! Goodness! I see that we are sending our Rescue things to the same hub in Maine! I am trying to finish knitting some x-sm joey pouches. I contacted Danielle and she said that they do still need those - I got a late start because of the yarn situation, but I made tracks on the 4 flights that I took recently!

Pauly, I never really even learned how to take care of my family's children, and didn't have any of my own, so I am hopeless with kids (though they generally like me because I can be very silly). In fact, I was trying to change diapers on my nephew one day, and I just couldn't get it done ( this was when we used cloth diapers and pins!) He was a total escape artist! He turned out to be a Special Forces commander, so I guess he had the 'duck and run' thing right from the get-go.

PPQ, glad to hear you are better. I've had iritis, and it was the most painful thing I've ever endured... so glad you don't have it now. Sending good luck to your son... glad that he sees a professional. Hope warmer weather continues for you - we are in a bit of a cold spell here...

Sam, loved the photos - the snowy meadow is so beautiful - all that space...

Det, hope all went well with your drive today - congrats on all your art!!

Papmom, hope all is well -

I am working away here - I tried to stretch a bit this morning, but ended up getting a giant spasm in my neck, which is still painful - I'm not sure why this is happening - the morning we left on our trip last week, I got out of the shower (at 4:30 AM), reached for the towel, and my middle back got a huge spasm, which literally took my breath away, and stayed bad the entire day. Hmmm, must be missing magnesium or something...

Hoping all are well and happy-ish... to The Light!

Comment

a chilly morning and hopefully the wind won't blow today. A quick check in, out to feed
            hope everyone is simply marvelous
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, quick one from me cuz I slept like total shit! Why does that happen I wonder? It's not very often but when it hits it freaks me out and makes the problem worse! Det I used to live in St George don't think I could go back tho I'm too Vegasatized, much love to all and hopefully back later if I get thru work and stay awake haha! Have a great BF Wednesday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well I've been up since early Doors this morning went to pick up a carpet which is getting laid tomorrow and now shifting all the furniture out of the bedroom it's amazing amount of junk we collect in the name of might come in handy in the future. Outside it is really foggy can hardly see over the back fence so obviously the rabbits are not out playing ok so let's have a brew

Hiya pauly hope all is well with you despite the fact that you slept in this morning it happens to us all. Any news on any other work yet?

Hiya Sam and how are you today question mark hope all is well with you have a good day and keep warm

And good afternoon to you as well tree girl hope all is well with you? Yes we do we get attached to our pets. I saw some pictures yesterday of kangaroos Joey's whatever you want to call them in the little pouches they look really cute. Accept cute isn't why they were made, but nevertheless they look smart as well as being practical. Hope the sore neck gets better quick. Try putting freeze spray or something like after that that's what I do when I very very rarely manage to to hurt myself haha
                Hiya ppqp and how are you today? Hope all is well tell you what you've got it all happening to watch aren't you haha the Harry and Meghan scenario as well as the trump impeachment must be great as an outsider watching these comedy shows. How's your son today then? Hope things are getting better you enjoy the warm weather between that and the card school you've got it sussed!
                Hiya lav and how are you today then? I cannot see see what the purpose of this impeachment trial is with Trump the seem to be blocking any extra documentation to be admitted as evidence, and the also reckon that he will not have to step down as president either so what really is the purpose of spending all that money. No I won't be changing my holiday I'll still go to Disney World the only difference been I'll see a proper Mickey Mouse not one with ablonde wig. Yes the rabbits are doing fine Jeeves is back to normal whatever normal is. Take care have a good day

Hello pap mom hope all is well with you today right folks that's me we'll see if I can put some jokes up later on in the meantime carry on ripping house apart or that's what it looks like haha

Fcking Starbucks.

A beggar just stopped me in the street and asked if I could spare £4.95 for a double choca mocha latte.

Police are appealing for the person who stole 20 vials of morphine from a chemist shop to come forward as they want to make the arrest as painless as possible.

I phoned 111 for advice on my obsession with stealing pain killers.
                They told me to take some paracetamol.

A father spoke to his son, "It's time we had a little talk, my son. Soon, you will have urges and feelings you've never had before. Your heart will pound and your hands will sweat. You'll be preoccupied and won't be able to think of anything else." He added, "But don't worry, it's perfectly normal... It's called golf."

A little girl was playing in her backyard when she spotted two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked.

"They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she asked.

"That's a daddy longlegs." her father answered.

"So, the other one is a mommy longlegs?" the little girl asked.

"No," her father replied. "Both of them are daddy longlegs."

The little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stamped them flat. "Well, we're not having that sort of shit going on in our backyard."

Noah's Ark

When the Ark's door was closed, Noah called a meeting with all the animals. "Listen up" Noah said with a demanding voice! "There will be NO SEX on this trip! All of you males take off your penis and hand it in to my sons. I will sit over there and write you a receipt. After we see land, you can get your penis back".

After about a week Mr. Rabbit stormed into his wife's cage and was very excited. "Quick!" he said, "Get on my shoulders and look out the window to see if there is any land out there"!

Mrs. Rabbit got onto his shoulders, looked out the window, and said, "Sorry, no land yet."

"Darn it", exclaimed Mr. Rabbit!

This went on every day until Mrs. Rabbit got fed up with him. Mrs. Rabbit asked, "What is the matter with you? You know it will rain for forty days and nights. Only after the water has drained will we be able to see land. But why are you acting so excited every day"?

"LOOK", said Mr. Rabbit with a sly expression, as he held out a piece of paper...

scroll down...

a little bit more...

"I GOT THE HORSE'S RECEIPT"!!

Why must I prove that I am me to pay my bills over the phone? Do strangers
                call to pay my bills? And, if they do, why don't you let them?

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can
                be in a robe, before you start looking like a mental patient.

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations.
                I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the
                195 lbs. I've gained.

I'm getting kind of tired always slowly raising my hand when someone asks,
                "Who does something like that?"

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters.. do they just
                give you a bra and say, "here fill this out"..?

Four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon announced that this will be
                his final season of racing. You could tell it was time for him to retire
                during his last race when he had his blinker on the whole time.

The speed in which a woman says "nothing" when asked "What's wrong?" is
                inversely proportional to the severity of the storm that's coming.

Denny's has a slogan, 'If it's your birthday, the meal is on us.' .....If
                you're in Denny's and it's your birthday... your life sucks!

If I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "Thank you" is all I need.....not
                all this, "how did you get in my house" business!

The pharmacist asked me my birthday again today....Pretty sure she's going
                to get me something.

On average, an American man will have sex two to three times a week; whereas
                a Japanese man will have sex only one or two times a year. ...This is
                upsetting news to me............ I had no idea I was Japanese.

I can't understand why women are okay with JC Penny's older women's line of
                clothing line named, "Sag Harbor."

I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of
                tattoos.

Murphy goes to his friend Pat and says ... "I'm sleeping with the Pastor's wife. Can you hold him in church for an hour after services for me?"

Pat doesn't like it but being Murphy's long time friend, he agrees. After service, he starts talking to the Pastor, asking him all sorts of stupid questions, just to keep him occupied.

Finally the Pastor gets annoyed and asks Pat what he's really up to.

Pat, feeling guilty, finally confesses to the Pastor. "My friend is sleeping with your wife right now, so he asked me to keep you occupied".

The Pastor smiles, puts a brotherly hand on Pat's shoulder and says... "You better hurry home. My wife died two years ago".

Ponderisms for Seniors
                I don't need anger management. I need people to stop ticking me off!

Old age is coming at a really bad time!

When I was a child I thought Nap Time was a punishment ... Now, as a grown up, it just feels like a small vacation!

The biggest lie I tell myself is ... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights.” I'm very wise.

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

Teach your daughter how to shoot, because a restraining order is just a piece of paper.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would’ve put them on my knees.

The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes”.

I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.

When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... But it can muffle the sound!

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Lord, Give me patience and give it to me NOW.

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?

At my age "getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I was wanting!
                Last edited by Mick; January 22, 2020, 04:05 PM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Still a bit chilly but not as windy as yesterday so that was nice. Saturday is a big rain day I hear. More mud - yay

PQ, glad you are having some decent weather, feels like a gift, right?
                  Does your son have a buddy or someone willing to help him get the property cleared out? Seems like a huge hurdle for one guy to handle, especially when he’s feeling down. I hope he continues to improve.
                  I can only watch a little bit of the trail at a time, don’t want to completely lose my sh*t, if you know what I mean. It looks like #45 & at least 45 of his Republican senators are in cahoots.
                  Haven’t heard from the person yet today who said she would re-size those designs I found. Hopefully she’ll come thru soon. My friend who ordered these pillows has absolutely no pre-conceived notions, haha!!

Cyn, my granddaughter turns 9 next month & my grandson is 9 the first week of April. Time flies, huh???
                  I figured I should get the joey pouches out now & will wait to hear what they will want in the future. Good luck with the knitting - something I definitely cannot do!!
                  Sorry to hear about the muscle spasms, they can be awful. If you can eat bananas, get one in every day. I can’t take mg supplements but I do have a good topical spray bottle that you just rub in & it really works!

Sam, I got 10 eggs today from 19 hens. At least some of them are working this winter

Hello to Mick & Det, Pauly & papmom!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...hope the spasm in your neck passes quickly. I know what a pain that can be. LOL I've had chronic irits for 45 years, my ophthalmologist has a chair named after me. About 3 years ago he couldn't stop the infection and sent me to a specialist. That's when they discovered I had Rheumatoid Arthritis which start a whole new series of experiences for me. Hope you're getting some down time.

Sam...did the wind blow today? LOL Hope things don't get too chilly.

Pauly...hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. Wow, living in St George must have been pretty quiet for you compared to Vegas. I don't think you could go back either, you'd go stir crazy.

Mick...you just never stop do you. You watch your back moving out furniture for the new carpet. And let them lay the carpet!! You're right it's nice to be an outsider to the comedy shows. Don't have to watch any soap operas, they're happening live. LOL Wasn't able to play cards today as I'm in full blown Summer Camp mode at the moment. Got to get the program ready for online registration. If I didn't have to wait for input from others I'd have finished it by now.

Lav...it certainly is a gift and I'm not giving it back. LOL Yes, my son has great friends that are willing to just listen anytime of the day. He told me there is a group of them on the internet that talk about their mental issues. If someone is having a bad day he posts what's going on and almost instantly the support/that's exactly what's happening with me responses start pouring in. When I heard that I felt much better. I hear you about losing your sh*t, everything in moderation. LOL Hope you get the resized designs soon.

Shout out to Det and PM3. Off to figure out the age old question What's for dinner?" Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we then? good I hope...Well, bedroom carpet laid all furniture moved back in and put together old carpet gone to the tip...Theres a good chance the hall stairs and landing will be done tomorrow....if not then Monday it is.....bit damp and foggy here again today.
                      ok brew time ..

hiya ppqp..hows you then today? good?Thats good that your lad is getting support even though it is the internet as opposed to 1to 1.backs ok,no injuries yet ...theres time tho!!hope you have a good day...and get those cards dealt out.

hiya Lav hows you then?good hopefully...theyd have been better spending the trial money on something sensible...what a crock!!liked the lentil and spinach soup...very similar to one I make ,but I chuck leeks in it too.10 eggs from 19 hens?2 apiece with one being lazy.yes you are right ...time flies.

hiya pauly hows you then today?hope all is well..

hi Sam,teegee et al...hope all is good with you

Two Southern Ladies
                      One day these two fine southern ladies were sittin' on the front porch having some iced tea. One of the women sticks out her hand for the other woman to see, and in her long southern drawl says "Look at this ring my husband gave me. Isn't it nice?"

To which the other woman replies, "Oh that's nice, that's real nice."

The first woman then says , "And just last month he took me on one of them Caribbean cruises."

The second woman again replies, "Oh that's nice, that's real nice."

"Well sweetheart doesn't your husband ever buy you nice things or send you nice places?"

"Oh", the second woman responds, "When we first got married he did send me to etiquette school."

"Why'd he do that?" the first woman asks.

To which the second fine southern woman replies, "Well you see, before, when someone told me about the jewellery their husband gave them, or the trips he sent her on, I would have just said I don't give a fck, but now I say that's nice, that's real nice."

Traffic Cop: "Did you get the license number of the car that knocked you down"?

Pedestrian: "No, but I know who it was. My mother-in-law"!

Traffic Cop: "How can you be so certain"?

Pedestrian: "I'd recognize that laugh anywhere"!

Little Johnny returned from the grocery store with his mom. While his mom put away the groceries, little Johnny opened his box of animal biscuits and spread them all over the kitchen table.

"What are you doing" asked his mom?

"The box says you shouldn't eat them if the seal is broken", said the little Johnny. "I'm looking for the broken seal".

A sadist was walking down the street one day when he accidentally ran into a fellow who had just stepped out of a grocery store knocking him to the ground. The sadist was apologizing profusely while he helped the unfortunate shopper to his feet and aided him in gathering his groceries, now strewn all over the sidewalk.

The shopper began telling the sadist that his scrapes and bruises were no problem since he was a masochist and enjoyed pain.

Upon learning this news, the sadist asked the masochist if he would like to accompany him home for some fun and games. I'm a sadist you see.

The masochists' eyes lit up and he quickly agreed.

After reaching the home of the sadist the masochist was practically beside himself with anticipation. He nearly swooned as the sadist shackled him in a corner and walked to the opposite wall where a cat of nine tails was hanging and took it from its perch.

The masochist was now trembling with anticipation and asked; "Are you going to beat me with that?"

The sadist, with a gleam in his eye, answered; "NO"

An instructor and student are sitting in a helicopter, the instructor says "Take it straight up to 100 feet and bring it back down".

The student does without a problem, so the instructor tells him to "Take it up to 200 feet and back down".

Again the student's performance is flawless.

Then the instructor gets out of the chopper and tells the student that his first solo is to take it up to 300 feet and land it by himself.

The student takes off and gets up to about 300 feet then suddenly comes crashing down.

The instructor runs up to the wreckage and says "You were doing so good...what happened"?

The student replies "Well I got up to about 290 feet, but it got so cold up there I figured I would turn the big fan off".

Bubba the Redneck from Georgia decides to travel across the south to Virginia to see God's country. When he gets to Franklin, he likes the place so much that he decides to stay. But first he must find a job!!!!

Bubba walks into an international paper company office and fills out an application as an experienced log inspector. It's his lucky day!!! They just happen to be looking for someone, but first, the log foreman takes him for a ride into the forest in the company pickup truck to see how much he knows.

The foreman stops the truck on the side of the road and points at a tree "see that tree over there, I want you to tell me what species it is and how many board feet of lumber it contains".

Bubba the redneck promptly answers, "that thar's a whitepine, 383 board feet of lumber in 'er".

The foreman is impressed!!! He puts the truck in motion and stops about a mile down the road. He points at another tree through the passenger window and asks the same question. This time, it's a bigger tree of a different class.

Bubba replies "that's a loblolly pine and she's got about 456 clear board feet".

The foreman is really impressed with the good ol' boy, he has been quick and got the answers right without using a calculator!!!!

One more test. They drive a little further down the road, and the foreman stops again.. This time, he points across the road through his driver side window and says, "and what about that one"?

Before the foreman finishes pointing, the Bubba says, "white oak, 242 board feet at best".

The foreman spins the truck around and heads back to the office a little ticked off because he thinks the red neck is smarter than he is. As they near the office, another foreman stops the truck and asks Bubba to step outside.

He hands him a piece of chalk and tells him, "see that tree over there"? "I want you to mark an x on the front of that tree!!"

The foreman thinks to himself, "idiot, how would he know which is the front of the tree"?

When Bubba reaches the tree, he goes around it in a circle while looking at the ground. He then reaches up and places a big white 'X' on the trunk.

He walks back to the foreman and hands him the chalk. "that thar's the front", Bubba says.

The foreman laughs to himself and asks sarcastically, "how in the hell do you know that's the front of the tree"?

The good ol' boy looks down at his feet, while rubbing the toe of his left boot cleaning it in the gravel and replies, "cuz somebody took a s**t behind it"!

Needless to say he got the job and started the very same day.

Texas vs California
                      CALIFORNIA:

The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor’s dog, then bites the governor.

The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control.

Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 to test it for diseases and $500 to relocate it.

He calls a veterinarian.

The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 to test it for diseases.

The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for infections from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail is shut down for 6 months while scientists from the Department of Fish & Game conduct a $100,000 project to make sure the nature area is now free of dangerous animals.

The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.

The state legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

The governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack.

The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training regarding coyote behavior.

PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million lawsuit against California.

TEXAS:

The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.

The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow-point cartridge.

The buzzards eat the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had a nice, basically do nothing day, haha!
                        I did a little cleaning, then went out for lunch & have been cruising the internet ever since. I’m actually in the R&D mode, looking for new things to add to my embroidery stuff

PQ, speaking of camp my granddaughter is already signed up for 2 or 3 weeks at Girl Scout camp this summer. Her best friend is going too so they’ll have a good time I’m sure.
                        So what did you end up making for dinner? We cleaned out the leftovers tonight so I’ll have to come up with something new tomorrow!
                        Glad your son has found a support group online, we know they work!

Mick, more clouds moving into our area here, bringing Saturday’s rain I suppose.
                        Nice to have the carpeting done, or half done anyway. Be careful with the furniture moving, something i try not to do anymore.

Hello to Pauly, Cyn, Det & anyone else stopping by later.
                        Have a nice night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...well at least Mick and Lav LOL

Mick...son is also seeing a therapist 1 on 1 but it's nice to have the internet at 2 in the morning. Means mommy can sleep. LOL So when you're finished with the stairs and landing can head over here? It was cloudy here to today but that was because of the chinook clouds. This weather is supposed to last through next week. YAY

Lav...R&D mode LOL. If I come across anything I'll let you know. Camp registrations open up the first of January around here and they fill up fast. Hopefully ours will too. Is this your g/daughters first time at camp? She'll have a blast especially with her best friend. Ended up just having sandwiches for supper, couldn't even be bothered to make soup. LOL It's shepard's pie tonight so that'll make up for it.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Lovely to hear how all are -

Mick, be careful with the furniture again - so far so good! Lav, I have known about magnesium spray for a long time now, but totally forgot... Thx! PPQ, glad that you are getting the summer camps ready - I am also working already on my 'summer job' - feels crazy, but there it is. Pauly, I love the word that you made up - vegasatized? Can't remember, but it was great! Det, good luck with your project. Sam, hope the wind stays down.

Working from home today, and will try to get some library time in to work on the book ... always a challenge.

Wishing all well and more light-filled days...

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ your son seems to take an active approach with his health and happiness and I think that's awesome! Too many people I know with depression or whatever just sit around whining about it, ya really have to take charge in those situations for yourself you know? Anyhoo good call on the sandwiches, I told Lb I could basically live on sandwiches everyday and be happy Cyn, Vegas is in my blood(even though I don't go to any casinos) I'm just in love with this place hubs don't get it and thinks I'm weird haha, Lav, this trial sucks and is messing up my General Hospital! It's a bad habit I picked up over the years, Michelle makes fun of me when she sees me watching it Mick are you guys gonna stay at the Disney hotel? I'm jealous. com! I think I figured out my lack of sleep thing, seems on the day's I drastically cut carbs=shit sleep, I keep trying to eat better but I'll never go that extreme again, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all and how are you then ? ok I hope ..well today has been a real performance..Hall stairs and landing carpet was supposed to be fitted on Monday...wrong.last night fitter told me it was being delivered this morning...6.45 am this morning ..I had to go and pick it up ..fortunately it was only about a mile from me ,so loaded it in the van..it was hanging out of the back !!last night I was lifting and cutting the old carpet up at 11pm!Then because this carpet is so big it had to be cut;.it was raining so cut it in our front room ...after I emptied the furniture into the dining room...put the carpet and then furniture back in ...In the meantime ,the fitter cut thru the burglar alarm wiring so that was going off for ages. Ive got them coming out to fix it .then took old carpet to the tip...apart from that a quiet day.

hiya teegee....working on a book??go on whatsthat about ?

ppqp...rand d ?nah should be r and r !!hows you then? cards today is it ?

hiya Lav...quck jump in ...carpeting just done looking good....but..brass door handles dont match gey...but brushed chrome does ....can you guess the next bit???? Amazon prime...next day delivery hmm lets work out what I will be doing tomorrow!!

alarm man here will nip in later

hiya pauly..yep we are staying at the Disney Animal Kingdom lodge...stayed there last time...fantastic.animals around you all the time outside .

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Comment

Working...
                                X