2nd Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Feb

Mae everybody, Cyn, I'm honestly starting to think that it's all rigged with the election! Who knows what happened in Iowa, could be hacked computers for all we know, some shady shit going on for sure! My point about the fat comment was that it was so cold(for me) that I was super bundled up and that's why my coworker made the comment, I'm over winter=bring on 115 and I'll be singing Pharrell's "Happy" song EVERYDAY! Haha, Mick hows Jeeves? Lav, I bought some Geritol cuz I read it's good, not the liquid cuz it contains alcohol, PQ, how'd the tire shopping go? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon everyone how are we today then? hope everyone is well..here we go then start of the telegram style post full stop it actually takes as long to do it this way as it would to write, because I have to check it afterwards . Been a busy morning so far , most of the hall stairs and landing woodwork has actually been taken back to wood and stained and now madam wanted the top of the stairs doing as well. I've tried to put it off as long as possible, but captured at last. Now all the paint has been stripped off, it has been sanded down smoothed out and just awaits staining. I will put a couple of pictures up up the bit on the stairs just ignore it's part of the pipework used to join the Hoover and sander together. I've also done some work on the railways this morning, you will see on the right hand side I've nearly finished the canal , all that really needs to go in is the water, artificial I hasten to add! If you look at the rest part of the layout as well, where a farm used to be on the top it is now a gasometer and ancillary buildings just a temporary thing ok then on with the show

Hiya pauly how are you this afternoon then? hope all is well looking at your politics and the way they are done, very similar to the Mickey Mouse show we have over here as well full stop Jeeves seems to be doing ok now now put it this way his appetite has returned big time. Hope you have a nice day

Hello TG, here is your telegram. Yes I remember them comma little brown fold-up envelopes with little ticker tape messages type inside. And how are you today? Hope all is well in your world yes the new engine is a real cracker, I've seen variations of it painted in Silver green and blue full stop its current colour is blue in York Museum, and also when it broke the London to Edinburgh record it was blue and that's the one I want. Hope you have a great day end of message stop haha

Hiya ppqp
      And how are you today then question mark hope all is well have you bought the round rubber things that go on your wheels, or are you too tired (these are the jokes folks) another chinook on the way for you? you certainly get a lot of helicopters your way the current blue engine I have got (the Canadian Pacific) the valve gearing on the wheels has twisted in and bent it makes all the sound starting up and steaming blah blah but doesn't move. I don't think it's a major issue for someone actually knows about electronics etc not me I know more about the population on Mars zilch take care and have a great day

Hiya lav
      And how are you today then? Did you finish the dogs clothes for your granddaughter I can believe that the forsythia is out, despite the cold weather over here my camellia Bush is budding rapidly comma in fact a few of them have started forming flowers yes you are right, life is too short so enjoy it it whilst we can come on I can't see juice restricting any part of eating food. Hope you have a great day

Big hello to everyone else that's it take care

20200205_121111.jpg

20200205_121132.jpg

20200205_121448.jpg

20200205_121229.jpg

20200205_121342.jpg
      Last edited by Mick; February 5, 2020, 03:32 PM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

20200205_121259.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; February 5, 2020, 10:41 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hidy Ho ABsters near and far!

well, slightly more awake here but not a ton. Looks like troubled sleep all around..hmmm? not for cats though. they truly own the sleeping thing.
          Mick, OMG I was wondering if you got a drone for one of the pics and realized it was a very realistic model scene. ha!

Pauly, dunno about 115 for me. eeeek! but it's been a bit bonkers for Vegas that's for sure.

Ditto what Lav says about not taking crap from dimwits and insecure people. not in the budget peeps!

i had 2 freaking clients cancel today .... agh! trying not to get all bummed-out here. Do have another on the books but still
          super frustrating. ommmm ommmmm.

I've signed-up for 'upwork' which is a program designed to find work for freelancers...we'll see how goes.

One way or another I've got to get some money together so I can move to Europe. yep... that's my plan for realzies. Since I was a lad I knew
          i wanted to move there and felt out of place here. Darlene is onboard too which is so nice. Won't be happening right away of course... must save
          up for a visit first and see about getting hired there so we can get work visas. Strong attraction to Italy, in particular Molise has some big incentives
          for folks to move there. Eastern Europe is also attractive and lowish cost. I'm becoming infatuated with Euro cooking and travel shows. ack! at least
          it's a pretty healthy fascination. Next to start on language studies just for fun....

shouts also to Treegirl and PPQ, our winter warrior. Sam, you poking around?
          Guitarista popped in lately?

found some gluten-free pasta from Italy that's pretty darned good. Tonight is time for comfort food so it's pasta marinara
          with crazy salad.

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

PQ, we’re getting weather advisories for heavy, possibly flooding rains, oh joy. Of course what that really means is tons of mud around here, haha!
            You know, i was just thinking my son goes thru tires pretty quickly because of all the commuting he does. He’s been buying them at Costco. You can definitely get a good deal there. Stay warm lady!!

Cyn, I’m wondering what is wrong with the DNC & computers! They always seem to have computer issues
            Today’s acquittal of 45 was nothing but a total disgrace. Collins & Murkowski are apparently very stupid women. They need to be replaced!

Pauly, Geritol has been around longer than me I think, didn’t even know they still made it, haha! If it works for you then great

Hey Mick, you obviously have been a busy guy, good for you!
            Pics are great too. The doll clothing sewing will be taking a while, just getting started.

Det, a move to Europe - wow!
            I’ve wanted to do something like that forever but it’s not in the cards. Funny how every time I’ve gone I felt like I was at home. Hmmm.
            I hope some jobs turn up for you to keep you busy & well paid.

Well, speaking of sewing, I’ll get back to it now.
            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...the only time I ever saw a telegram was at weddings years ago. It was the highlight of the evening to see who sent one. OK no more complaining about 5". 3' would be wicked.

Pauly...even though my winter can be crazy at times you can keep your 115! I'd die! Tire shopping won't happen until the spring. That's when a couple of my GIC's mature. LOL

Mick...I do like the telegram style post, I have to really pay attention to what you're saying sometimes. Like, I didn't know Lav was making dog clothes. Ha-ha. Nice work on the stairs and landing woodwork. I love the colour of the carpet! Glad to hear the water will be artificial. No wonder Det thought you had a drone, those pics are ace. Thanks for making me the brunt of the jokes today. LOL Alas no cards today, everybody actually showed up. Just as well I've plenty of work to keep me busy.

Det...no kidding about the cats and the sleeping thing. I would say I'd love to be able to sleep like a baby but really it's the cat's sleep you want. Hope yours improves soon. Bummer about the cancellations but it happens. Hope the other one goes through. Interesting about "upwork" let us know how it goes. Europe...no small dreams for you! That would be great if it comes true.

Lav...hope you don't get too heavy of a downpour, you certainly don't need all that mud. Never thought of Costco, I'm not a member but I have friends. LOL Spent so much time on the computer at work today it's difficult keeping my eyes focused now. Doesn't help that I have a split screen going. Easier to reply to everyone's posts that way.

Well it's a frozen pizza for my dinner tonight, don't tell Det. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav, that was crazy yesterday but predictable with DT, I just don't understand the divide and how it can be so equal! From now on I'm ignoring all of it that's for sure, have fun with the doll clothes, I used to love making doll clothes and also a few things for my girls, all hand sewn cuz I never got the hang of a sewing machine and all the ones hubs ever bought me were used and would break easy, Det, wow a move to Europe! I can't even imagine but if that is your dream then work to make it happen, I'll still be here in Vegas haha, PQ, nothing wrong with a frozen pizza, I'm just tossing in a roast in the Crock-Pot and using it for french dips later, easy, Mick, great pics much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all - long, super busy days with marketing writing and my new client - really love her, she's a "card" ...but working from 5 pm to 8:30 pm is not my cup of tea, that's for sure!

Mick, great job inside the house, and those pics of the trains just make me so nostalgic - like seeing Herriot's "All Creatures" over and over again, sigh.

Pauly and Lav - god bless Mitt Romney, at least he has a spine. And super-bless Pelosi - the video of her tearing up that dastardly speech is one for the ages. I couldn't stop replaying it! Pauly, keep those sweaters on - Lav, get your high water boots out I guess, huh?

PPQ, snow and wind are a scary combo, I would never minimize that! Hope the pizza was OK...

Det, is there any way you can get a deposit from these people when they schedule, or a cancellation fee? That would help protect you! Wow, I didn't know that Italy was trying to attract people... we actually are discussing what to do if we can't stand the politics here any longer. First, stay and fight, but if that doesn't work... maybe a move...

Hello to Sam and anyone else dropping by.

To The Light - stay safe with the weather!

Comment

afternoon all ..and how are we today then?hope all is well with you ...this is type today ...not in telegram mode.Frosty out there this morning ,but really sunny now...you wouldnt believe we have heavy duty storms on the way.This weekend we are going to spanked by storm Cera or something ..at the moment out over the ocean with winds of 260mph ..it will obviously die down before it hits landfall.In the meantime the rabbits are out playing and enjoying themselves

hiya Pauly ,and how are you then?good?I learned to sew and iron in the army good eh..not only did I learn numerous weapons to fire but also how to iron creases in .hope you have a good day .

hiya Det wow ..Europe bound?where are you thinking of?I know you said eastern butany ideas where mate?hope the cold doesnt bother you ,it tends to get nippy out there!

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?good I hope ..still making dogs clothes?ha ha .YesI can second your thing about Costco and bargains .I get my fuel there most of the time ..its a heck of a lot cheaper than elsewhere.3 months today and I fly to Florida..Iwas thinking about you when I saw trump get his walkout...how much did that farce cost?

hiya ppqp comma ,and how are you then today? all good I hope stop Im in the process of building a small model of a coal carrying barge for the canal,I really enjoy making things .no cards ?you going to change that today then?remember workto live not the other way around .

hiya tee gee.eee lass ..by ecky thump thas alreet? there you go a bit of yorkshire..and here you go ...

file:///C:/Users/HP/Downloads/Strange-weird-wonderful-and-silly-facts-about-Yorkshire.pdf

right peeps ...have a good day all..

My grandfather died in his rocking chair when I was just a kid .

How was I to know it would tip up if I climbed on the back of it?

I have a plan for my retirement that ensures I'll never go hungry.

Shoplifting.

Annoy taxi drivers by ordering a taxi from a busy pub in the name of Spartacus.

Paddy: "Why do the Irish say euro instead of euros?"

Englishman: "It was introduced by the EU to stop confusion with plurals."

Paddy: "What's plurals?"

Comment

Good evening folks,

Still dark & damp, DOLL clothes in progress (no dog clothes) haha!!
                      The worst part of this storm system won’t be here until late tomorrow afternoon I hear. It hasn’t been bad so far but I saw the news of tornados down south, ugh.

PQ, my chickens went to bed soaking wet this evening, Lol. Not exactly the greatest smell.
                      We also buy gas at Costco when we can - usually a good savings. Big ticket items like tires, TVs, computers, phones & all that are nicely priced too. When we shop in Delaware it’s even cheaper because there’s no sales tax there!!!

Pauly, I flipped the channel last night as soon as the SOTU came on. I will not watch or listen to that giant turd.
                      If we don’t manage to flip the WH & Congress blue this November then we’re all screwed
                      I can’t stand the thought of my kids & grandkids having to live with the fallout of the destructive administration.

Mick, every senator’s soul (with the exception of one) is on the fast track to hell as far as I’m concerned. What a bunch of spineless dimwits. We have to get rid of them all!
                      I hope you don’t get hit with such a huge storm ~ geez. Better hold on to your hair!!

Cyn, the rain hasn’t been all that heavy yet, I guess it’s waiting for tomorrow.
                      I see on the news that 45 made an ass out of himself atthe national prayer breakfast this morning. Anyone surprised????

Hello to Det, hope you had a good day.

Have a decent night everyone!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...your french dips sound good. We all went out for lunch to celebrate birthdays so it's going to be a light supper for me. Perhaps soup. I flipped over to the SOTU in time to watch Nancy and her facial expressions during some of the speech. It was priceless. Had to change the channel when she settled down though as I wasn't listening to carrot head.

TG...I wouldn't want to work that schedule either. I'm ok starting early and working late but wouldn't be able to start at 5pm. No nursing shifts for me.

Mick...a coal carrying barge, you amaze me. Did you play with lego growing up? Hope the storm dies down considerably for you. At least the rabbits got some time outside. It was a really mild day here but snow starting tomorrow night again. Just before I left work got an email from the Calgary Humane Society, they're having an Emergency Bunny Adoption Event next weekend. Thought of you right away.

Lav...I saw the news of the tornadoes too. Hope they don't get to you. Sounds like we're all waiting for a weather event this weekend. Gotta say I've never smelled a wet chicken, I can just imagine. We still have no sales tax here. I think we're the only province left without one. Haven't heard about the national prayer breakfast but the news is on and I'm sure I'll see it. You know we want pics when you get the "doggy" doll clothes finished. LOL

Shout out to anyone else stopping in tonight. Have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Emergency Bunny Adoption Event next weekend. Thought of you right away. brilliant

Comment

Mae all -

Greetings from the soggy east. Lav, I hope the bad weather stays far away from you. Mick, wow that's high winds, here's hoping they die down to nothingness. Thanks for the Yorkshire link, I will have to cut and paste it into the browser to see, but it looks good. Pauly, wow, you can handle those hot temps? No wonder you are freezing now! PPQ. - sounds like the rescue group allowed a "meetup" between sexes - Emergency!, lol. Det, hope the clients are coming through for you! Hello to all else...

Hubs is a little sick, but doing better, I caught his but am not as good... but I will work on kicking this out!

Wishing all a good and healthy day! Chins up, positive thoughts, and To the Light.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick would you ever take on more than 2 bunnies at a time? I imagine an extra one might feel like the third wheel, Kells moving house again this month, she found a smaller place for $300 cheaper+utilities will we less cuz not so big, got a surprise pop-in from my mom yesterday for a few minutes, it was good but sad to see her, Cyn you two feel better quick! This year I swear is a sickness magnet, I'm over it PQ, french dips were good, I used tons of soy sauce on the roast while it was in the Crock-Pot all day, tonight I'm just making sliders on those Hawaiian rolls, ham and swiss and turkey and cheese baked in the oven, done! Lav, wet chicken haha, not sure I wanna smell that, wet dog is bad enough, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday for us all!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? hope all is well full stop believe it or not it is really sunny outside it was frosty and icy this morning, but that has given way to sunshine despite the cold. Julie is off work today, so we have been out nothing special just for a mooch around the shops. We are going up to Amy's tomorrow so we will see the two kittens she has got apparently there are two little bundles of mischief. Ok let's get on and have a brew

Hiya pauly and how are you today? Hope all is well with you you that food you made last night sounded really nice sliderz yum yum. No I wouldn't get any more than two rabbits, do I have seen people loads and loads of them if you had 3 rabbits then obviously one would feel left out and then there is a matter of getting them all to Bond my objective is to give them a good life not be at each other's throats which is possibly what could happen with three or more hope you have a great weekend

Hello tree girl in The Soggy East! Yes the weather we have at the moment I can handle quick well thank you very much, so if you would like to keep the rain in The Soggy East be my guest haha. I live approximately one mile at the very most from the yorkshire-lancashire border full stop it is very strange because you look one way it says welcome to Yorkshire with the White Rose, look the other welcome to Lancashire with the red rules and there is about 20 feet between the two signs I hope both you and husband and are feeling better today

Hiya ppqp and how are you today? Hope all is well yes I watch the state of the Union speech as well as Nancy ripping up her copy of the paper full stop that emergency bunny adoption event sounds great well done yes the coal carrying barge is not quite finished it doesn't look too bad it is Friday today is this not cards afternoon? Whatever you do have a great weekend

Hiya lav
                                And how are you today? Hope all is well and the doll clothes business is progressing I managed to sell that faulty locomotive last night got a bit less back than I paid for originally but it is gone move on time I think there's a pretty good chance of meeting St Peter at the pearly gates because the way it's going with politicians hell is going to be pretty crowded so I'll take my chance with a pair of wings haha take care have a great weekend

Big shout out to everyone else I'll try and put some jokes up after

Comment

Working...
                                X