Super Sober Shout Out 16th February 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out 16th February 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Give yourself a pat on the back for another weel done and dusted................

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number.............Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its 3875 days from the start date to the end date or 10 years, 7 months, 8 days excluding the end date............:love:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out 16th February 2020

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Give yourself a pat on the back for another weel done and dusted................

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number.............Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its 3875 days from the start date to the end date or 10 years, 7 months, 8 days excluding the end date............:love:
    abcowboy “likes” and “thanks” this post!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

2268 days or 6 years 2 months and 15 days
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Well done to all who post on this thread weekly, be it ten years or just early days. Never forget what a privilege and a gift it is to ourselves to be able to do so. Cherish it.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks JC.

Good to see you Ktab.

521 days sober.

Keeping it as simple as i can. Experimentation has shown me i need to make a commitment to myself somehow. I never could, until i tried a basic daily self care routine i could handle. I suspect this has been the difference between on off, on off over the last few years. The daily commitment is all i need. Turning up for myself in the form of - 1 x set of basic yoga (= 1.5. minutes). 5 mindful breaths ( = 1 minute). Write one thing i'm grateful for ( = 10 seconds). Nothing overwhelming here eh? Can i handle it no matter who no matter what? Yes. Lot's of reading and listening has revealed the secret seems to be in the daily practice of something for you, less so for how long.

Congratulations to everyone who has stepped through the door.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

8 months, 28 days including the end date. Reckon that'll do for 9 months.

Moving on to the next phase which is cleaning a bit more rubbish out of my diet, particularly sugar. If I wasn't sober, I know I just wouldn't be bothered even thinking about it.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi all. Another sober week, but only due to a LOT of sugary shite replacements!! Am beginning to get serious about addressing that but it feels a lot more ingrained that the booze. Ho hum.

Comment

5 years, 1 month, and 3 days of living life, not just going through the motions...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

3315 AF days for me. Whooopie! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Shouting out 2267 days or 6 years 2 months and 2 weeks.

Likes and thanks to JC, as always.

Comment

574 days

I’m reading the same stuff, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]: ‘The Kaizen Way’; implementing small changes leads to solid habits leads to big change.
                      Like, staying sober for one day at a time leads to staying sober for years on end!
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

1674 days and I am very proud of myself and everyone here . More pat's...
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Soft Focus View Post
                          Hi all. Another sober week, but only due to a LOT of sugary shite replacements!! Am beginning to get serious about addressing that but it feels a lot more ingrained that the booze. Ho hum.
                          It really does feel like that, doesn't it?
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            It really does feel like that, doesn't it?
                            Yes it does @softfocus [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - unlike booze - sugar in all its forms is just everywhere you look.
                            We have a sugar tax here in Ireland now - it's a start.
                            The women in work are boycotting the vending machine :haha:

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]..............saw you on the other thread so a couple of :heartbeat::heartbeat: for you. We don't see enough of you.
                              And 1666 was the year of the Great Fire of London...............I remember it well.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; February 17, 2020, 08:34 AM.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X