Super Sober Shout Out 5th April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out 5th April 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number....Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its...............3925 days or 10 years, 8 months, 29 days including the end date....................:hug:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out 5th April 2020

Well, even tho' it's not yet Sunday in Stirly-World - a big SHOUT OUT from me. Day1640 tomorrow for moi!! inkele: I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am so very grateful that I am sober during this world crisis. With a clear mind and a positive attitude, we can face anything that comes our way!!

Congrats to all who are sober today. Whether it be your day 1 or your day 5000, every day we are sober is an accomplishment!!

Hoping you all stay safe and healthy.....
    Last edited by stirly-girly; April 4, 2020, 12:22 PM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

6 years 4 months and 4 days or 2317 days
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

It is 2478 days from DAY 1 to Today.
        6 years, 9 months, 13 days.

............ it's all been said but still say it amazes me every Sunday that this is me - thanks [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] for this thread to remind me !
        Over the time I've forgotten a lot - but one thing I haven't forgotten is that horrible, yukky, shitty Sunday morning feeling....... because well, Saturday night - EVERYONE drank - so no restrictions.
        The feeling is very vivid still ....then trying to organise the day and an outing for lunch maybe so that I get a cure ...oh yes I was a social butterfly then .... :bellydance:
        Last edited by satz123; April 5, 2020, 04:21 AM.

Comment

OKAY -- haven't posted over here for a long time- cos I stopped counting - don't know why - no particular policy about it.. but d'ya know -- I'm sure we are all doing grand - I'm delighted if you are... but -- I'm not great - I'm anxious and reverting to a mindset I may have had many years ago - negative... and who knows -- where that could go.. that needs to be halted. In the normal world I would be going to AA now -- but I can't -- an online meeting is the same as coming here really -- so HERE I AM -- and I haven't a clue how many days - but I appreciate each and every one of those days -
          So lets all be ultra careful with ourselves - and give ourselves a round of applause whether we are sober a week or months or years... we are heroes!!!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            OKAY -- haven't posted over here for a long time- cos I stopped counting - don't know why - no particular policy about it.. but d'ya know -- I'm sure we are all doing grand - I'm delighted if you are... but -- I'm not great - I'm anxious and reverting to a mindset I may have had many years ago - negative... and who knows -- where that could go.. that needs to be halted. In the normal world I would be going to AA now -- but I can't -- an online meeting is the same as coming here really -- so HERE I AM -- and I haven't a clue how many days - but I appreciate each and every one of those days -
            So lets all be ultra careful with ourselves - and give ourselves a round of applause whether we are sober a week or months or years... we are heroes!!!!
            I think everyone is having a hard time adjusting to the restrictions, Molls, and the fact that (if you have spouses/housemates) we have people who are working from home or not going to work, and it is very difficult to adjust to circumstances we are not accustomed to. Especially when we of an older age, have gotten into our routines and habits. I read somewhere that we have to - as you said - halt the negative thinking and change our mindset. The fact that people are isolating is a good thing. It means we are all pulling together to get this damn virus stopped ASAP so we can get back to our normal lives. Don't look at the lack of people out and about as a ghost town - see it as people consciously doing what they need to do to fight this thing. Having trouble myself dealing with it - miss my special friend - am dying to squash little Alvertos in the biggest hug ever and talking to my GF's on the phone is just is not the same. But thankfully we have all of this internet communication available and that helps us to feel less alone.

BTW - I see that you are coming up on 6 years without the smokes. Well done!!!!!
            Last edited by stirly-girly; April 5, 2020, 05:35 AM.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

CRIKEY Stirly -- didn't realise that!!!

Thank God for technology -- but sure as hell ain't the same as a hug of a grandchild ;-) IT WILL END!!!!
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

5 years, 2 months, and 23 days of living life inspired by others to stay sober...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another sober week for me. Like you Molly, I’m now beginning to feel the long drag of time self-distancing, but I’m enjoying the chance to just be quiet and catch up on some thoughts. Have you tried the online meetings? I know it’s not ideal, but it might be enough to make the difference?

Comment

Shouting out 2316 days! I, too, am so grateful to be sober through this whole thing.
                    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] I really appreciate your posting that. It is a good reminder that relapse comes long before the first drink - in mindsets, feelings, etc. I think for someone as long sober as you are to talk about that is extremely helpful for the rest of us. I have found myself looking at drinking through my rose colored glasses - the good old days of parties, laughter and fun! Right! I have to remember what came AFTER that "fun," and play that whole scene forward.

A lot of talking on a quick shouty outy thread, but I really am grateful to you all.

Pav

Comment

2628 days of freedom. It didn't feel that way in the early days but not being slave to addiction is a gift - especially in these days of so many other restrictions on us. Take care of yourselves and others. xx, NS

Comment

3364 AF days for me! Stay safe and sober, all, no matter what. So proud of what we have accomplished here! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

3646 Days. (9 Years 11 months & 24 wonderful days)
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

1723 days and isolation is a bit head wrecking right now , but not anything near as head wrecking as the drinking days.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

20 and a half months

I have enjoyed not having to be put into drinking situations because of what’s going on, as they have been cancelled. So there is that!
                              Last edited by Slo; April 6, 2020, 08:36 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                              X