Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbers April something ()~2020

Morning All,

Staring down the barrel of detox day two. I’ll come back later to say more. Just want to get this toehold post out there. Thanks for being here.

Comment

And good morning all have a re today then? Hope everyone is doing ok weather over here today is absolutely glorious pity you can't really go anywhere I'm still on my not being allowed to do anything stunt hahaha did a little bit the garden very early Doors this morning including planting a palm tree yes you heard a palm tree
      Water rabbits seem to be doing ok today, I found out one of the reasons possibly why they weren't so clever yesterday we got shopping yesterday morning and an apple fell out of the bag in the garage I never noticed but those two did and end up eating half the Apple.
      Hello treacle and how are you today? How's your husband hope things are on the mend for you both I've still got this bronchitis and guess what the pollen count high today as well not to worry take care

Hiya lav and how are you today? hope everything is ok with you hope all goes well with your online appointment

Hiya pauly hopefully all is ok with you..I've got a couple of spare stoppers but the postage is crazy..sorry..hopefully you can get a cheap one

Hiya ppqp hope all is ok with you today..yep those 2 are ok you stay safe

Wow sam sounds like you have a lot of work ahead..same as mate you stay safe

Hiya det you ok. Sounds like you are ..stick at it friend

Just tried to download a couple of pictures on here but it won't take it for some strange reason so I will put them up after take care have a great day
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam we must have been crossposting yesterday! Great to see you and sorry about the cabinet but at least nothing broke inside Pie, you got this, I frickin hate detoxing but gotta go thru to get to the other side, lots of water and sleep, also chicken flavored ramen or cup of noodles, lots of sodium to get your electrolytes up helped me the MANY times I've done it(barf emoji inserted) Lav, I like the Fitbit cuz I have competition walks with Lb and a few other friends on there, I've used Pacer before but it's hard to carry my phone everywhere, Mick, cute vid this morning Cyn, how's hubs today? PQ, I'm thinking of trying to make "flautas" it's like a taquito but with a flour tortillas then deep fried so it gets all flaky, I dunno tho sounds like alot of work and I wanna use a rotisserie chicken but too cheap to buy 2 haha, much love to all, big hugs and wishes for a great BF whatever day it is (hey I DID remember it was Monday the other day so gimme a break)
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...sounds like a break was just what you needed and that you needed time for you. I too have been thinking/missing the times my whole family were together and happy. I have a feeling a lot of people have been reflecting on what's really important in life.

Lav...I don't think I'll ever try pulled pork in my crock pot again. LOL Whatever was going on with me seems to have passed. Woke up with no chest congestion, an appetite and more energy than I've had in awhile. I plan on going for a walk this afternoon just to get out for awhile.

Pi...so glad to see your post, not that you're detoxing but that you're back. Forget the toe hold, your chair has just been sitting here waiting for you. We're all here for you so don't do this alone. :hug:

Mick...a palm tree, really? Do you actually have the weather to grow that? I guess if you can't get out to your vacation spots you can bring them into your yard. Just don't start on the pool till Julie gives you the ok. Ah, the dreaded apple. Isn't it easier when you have an idea of what might have happened. Glad the peskies are perkier.

Pauly...good luck with the "flautas" sounds like something I wouldn't be trying to tackle. Let me know how it turns out.

TG...thinking of you.

Hope we all have a great Hump Day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

heya ABnation!

still very heavy/weird mood but thankfully I'm a more skillful person in the management of my emotional and mental states these days so I'm doing ok.

Lav, I do have to be careful about accumulating gear as I never want to have a garage and house full of crap again like I had to deal with after my divorce.
            the BP thing is indeed a biggy... I wish you peace as you explore your best options, I'm certainly not educated on that particular malady. Come to think of it I haven't
            checked my BP in ages. hmmm. Funny you would mention writing as a therapy as I did some journaling and note-taking while investigating some new spiritual
            exercises yesterday. Writing is really good for us indeed. Glad your slow cooker meal was a hit. Yeah I'm pretty skimpy on things like bbq sauce myself. I think
            tonight will be just big fancy salads with cheeses and olives. I discovered a new Italian deli not far from the house... danger!

oh good grief, the director of the CDC says a 2nd worse wave of C19 may be upon us this winter. argh! really? Mars is looking pretty good. ommmm ommmm.

PPQ sounds like your doing/feeling much better. yay! yes indeed these can be times of useful reflection. i miss evenings around the campfire when our family would
            discuss real things. that was really neat. I'm grateful we managed to get girly out for a hike on Sunday...I was pleasantly shocked

Pauly, floutas are so fun and kids just go nutso for them. yummy.

Pie, you are brave! detoxing sucks super hard for many of us I know. vitamin B1 (thiamin) and Magnesium a couple times per day each and yes lotta water and be KIND
            to yourself. doctors orders! and even though I'm the anti-sugar guy it can help too just be careful. and post when you can, awesome to have you.

Mick, glad you got the good weather happening. folks here in Vegas are getting antsy as is apparent by the now busier roads and more people at stores without masks on.

I've been enjoying wandering around the condos here and having distant conversations with my neighbors. Nice change of pace.

thankfully I have a couple of shoots today which I really need. I'm lucky that many of the houses I shoot are not occupied so they are low danger for all involved. So many jobs
            aren't that way and it really hurts so many it's sad to see. I checked on my relief payment status and it gave me some generic message that they have no info for me yet. oh well.

Tree and Sam, howsit today?

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice day here, not like yesterday!
              Got my walk done with the dog & I have to figure out how to stop her from eating trash. She picked up a used tissue that someone dropped & I wasn’t going to take it from her so she ate it, gross.

Pie, happy to have you back & wish you the best! Take care of yourself & let us know how you’re getting along. We are all here for you :hug:

Mick, my chat with my NP lasted almost half an hour, haha! It was very productive & I love that she actually LISTENS to me
              Your palm tree is going to need a nice greenhouse built up around it pal, haha!

Pauly, my phone is in my pocket at all times, never go out without it.
              Hope you enjoyed your dinner

PQ, do you need a good recipe for crockpot pulled pork? Honestly, it is delicious.
              Glad you are back to feeling human again, what more can we ask for?

Det, writing is a good stress reliever for most people. My daughter originally wanted to be a journalist but was turned off by their posted pay range, lol
              I am doing everything possible to manage my BP but it’s my genetics that are the major problem. Eating right, getting some exercise, quitting smoking & drinking have made little to no difference. Bummer I have to depend on Rx meds but I do. Glad you have more work lined up, keeps you out of trouble

Hello to Cyn & Sam, hope you are well.

Have a nice night everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

glad to hear from you Pi, hang in there. Post when you feel the urge!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

afternoon all ..how are we today then? all goodI hope...Im feeling a lot better now ,still a bit lingering but no where near as crap as I did feel 2 weeks ago.anyways thats gorn ..sunny day out there bit windy but hey .They are talking over here about opening everywhere up very slowly ...in addition to that everyone being masked up when they are out..at least till the end of the year ..ouch!

Pie nice to see you ...plenty of room on the wagon for you..get it together ...you know you can big hugz to yuo ..

hiya pauly hows you then? ok I hope .I did a 7 mile walk this morning ...in the garden Julie is like ..do you not get bored? but you just switch off and motor on .it was enjoyable too ..just a steady bimble ..so that I didnt of upset this bronchitis thingy ..how are you doing?you hanging in there?

hi tee gee ..hows you ?hope you are both ok...hows your hubby? stay safe x

hi ppqp yup a palm tree it will get a fair chunk of sun when note that word ..it is sunny .Ive managed to break the lid on the computer ..how I know not but the outer casing is broken ...PC World arent open so I have to be a bit careful.

20200423_132726.jpg

hiya Lav ..you ok?hope so...my plants are starting to come through well..hopefully get them in the garden

hiyadet ..you ok mate?how are things in the ole homestead ?quieted down now mate?take care..

short and sweet ..jist like me ha ha ..take care all

I was out for my allotted exercise yesterday, and I was so bored that I actually pedaled 22 miles all the way down to the beach.

I got there and I couldn't believe when i saw these workers and soldiers erecting a wall of what looked like a bunch of giant gymnastic mats several levels high all the way around the waterfront !

I probably shouldn't have approached, but I asked a one what they were doing and if this was about the stopping the virus, and she said, "With everyone forced inside this is the next phase of the long-term safety plan to completely turn this country into a giant padded room."

I remember my father, fondly.

Funny name for man.

The Garden of Eden
                  The day after

Adam “Hey Eve, over here, look at this”
                  Eve “That’s it, that’s what you were making such a big fuss about ?”
                  Adam “Yup, here it is, the biggest penis on Earth”
                  Eve “WTF ?”

My Nan always said that you can find out if an egg is fresh by putting it in a bowl of water.

If it sinks, it's fresh and you can eat it.

If it floats, it's a witch and you can burn it at the stake.

Quarantine, day 23 of 90+
                  Sat here this afternoon, staring out of bedroom window, wishing I could clean it simply by thinking it clean.
                  That’s when I started thinking of everyday enhanced powers or abilities, not all of which would be useful.
                  1. Pick your own nose by telekinesis.
                  2. Attract wasps
                  3. Summon unwanted Ubers by telepathy.
                  4. Hypnotise bananas
                  5. Grow prehensile hairs on the end of your big toe.

I stopped when I considered whether or not it would be a good idea to have musical tonsils which played the national anthem whenever you yawned.
                  Last edited by Mick; April 23, 2020, 01:23 PM.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, where's Mick? So used to him posting first thing, PQ, I ended up just making hot wings haha, I was in the grocery store getting a ladys order done had a full basket and when I went to check out the app crashed! I had to put everything back after standing around looking like an idiot in the store for more than 30 minutes screwing with customer service on my phone! I was too heated to get creative with dinner grrrr, Det, my mood has been allover the place, I'm sure everyone is going thru something, did you see the mayor's interview? Poor lady seems lost haha, she kinda reminds me of a boozehound, her hubs Oscar did too, always had a martini in hand, Lav, I'm still astounded at the shit dogs will eat-literally from the story I told you about what Spencer ate that day yuck! Pie, how's it going? Check in when you can Cyn, love the pics on FB, Sam hope things are good, I'm torn on the opening up, I need to get back to work but don't want to end up shut down again cuz we opened up too soon, let's see how Georgia goes I guess, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a fabulous booze free day!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

There you are Mick cross posted

Comment

Morning All,

Ready for detox day 3. So far, it hasn’t sucked. Getting past the 72 hour mark is immediate goal, then will work on the rest of it. Thank you all a million times for your kind comments and support!
                        PS- laptop on the blink; posting awkwardly from my phone.
                        Last edited by Pie; April 23, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

There you are Mick cross posted

Comment

There you are Pie crossposting with everyone today hope all is well with you, yep the first 3 days suck ass but you sound good

Comment

Ooooh Roooooh ABerooooos! holy crap, feeling a bit better today, crushing mental weight is lifting, sleep is getting at least somewhat better.
                              managed to sleep from 12:30am to 5am which is a huge improvement for me lately.

made my sweetie her lunch and then out of the blue figured out some video editing problems that had been bugging the crap out of me. yay.

Mick, if yer really unlucky one day mental defecting maybe you can find one of these gems: Trump Gold Coins for Sale (219) * Money Metals(R)

....... really, somebody makes those...go figure. 7 mile walk is tops mate, you certainly must be feeling better. the 3 of us did our fun walk around the condos last eve and that was nice. we've managed to entice girly to come out with us and ride her
                              neglected skateboard. She's getting into it to such a degree that we are dangling the prospect of a new board in front of her as an inducement to reward her better behaviour. so long as she keeps it up. good stuff

Pauly, that sounds so frustrating. booo! I had a pretty rough work afternoon yesterday myself. People were just rude and unpleasant and I simply don't see the need for such behaviour. breathing...... we are ok.
                              I think not only is our mayor/governor etc boozing but I recall a friend of mine that worked as a DC lobbyist say that if they required drug and alcohol screening our entire government from the top down (especially the top)
                              would be shut down immediately. They shouldn't even be driving.

Pie, that's great news! bada boom! my last detoxes were incredibly, horrifyingly bad. ick.

Lav, the problem is that trash is just so darned tasty. ack. boy you got me on that one.... I recall our Andy-Bear used to love to get into the trash but just to get attention I think.

garlicky cheers to Tree, PPQ, Sam, anyone else?

3 photoshoots today. hopefully much smoother than yesterday with nicer folks...

no idea what's up for dinner...and dunno quite what time I'll be done.. which doesn't help. oh well, we'll be fine.

that's a wrap, be well m'loves.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

The rain has started & is supposed to end sometime Saturday - yay more mud!!!!:yay:
                                I was so disgusted by my dog yesterday that today I left her home & walked alone, haha!! Ive had dogs all my life but I think this one takes the cake for being gross.

Hi Sam!

Pie, glad you are doing OK. You know full well that things will get much better very soon. Hang in there!!

Pauly, that shopping app must be getting jammed up with so many people using it at one time. That’s a real shame, sorry you’re dealing with that.
                                I read today that your mayor made some nasty statement about it being OK if some people died after the casinos were reopened
                                I don’t care what opens, I’m staying home until I hear the scientists say it’s OK to resume normal activities. I wish you lived around the corner because I’d pay you big bucks to come here & cut our hair - we both look like hell, Lol

Mick, 7 miles is a pretty big bimble, geez. Glad you are feeling up to that much activity.
                                My goal of getting my BP to stabilize may be attainable since I talked to the NP. She rearranged my meds just the way i wanted, thank goodness.
                                Glad your garden is getting some attention, mine isn’t haha!

Det, when you own your own business you are going to find that not everyone is ‘nice’. People can be rude assholes & you just want to tell them to get lost. But, I’m glad you had a better experience today, some people are actually nice. Things sound good with the teen, yay.
                                I did see your Italian deli salad pic - very nice!!!

PQ, hello to you & I hope your day was good.

Have a great night everyone.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X